d1 owner - time to upgrade?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by OB1J3D1, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Ghostwheel

Ghostwheel Member

I've been a D1 owner since January, and can't see upgrading in the forseeable future - at least until something comes along that's light years ahead of the D1, not just these little increments. I just don't get people who need a new phone every six months...
  2. jmed99

jmed99 New Member

Keep your upgrade alive by buying the Droid X (if that's your current favorite) off of ebay and sell your D1 on ebay. You'll lose a couple hundred that way but you can sell your DX on ebay when the iphone comes to Verizon in Jan for a couple hundred and break even. And you'll have your upgrade when/if the iphone comes to Verizon.

I'm thinking about doing this same thing. Sounds like the best idea to me....Am I missing anything?
  3. jmed99

jmed99 New Member

^^^^^Great idea!
  4. noordzy77

noordzy77 New Member

1. The Iphone has been coming to Verizon in January for the last 2 years.... and then in April.... and then in September...
    2. Most people consider the D1 superior to iphone. I prefer not to have Steve Jobs tell me how I have to use my phone.
  5. OB1J3D1

OB1J3D1 New Member

I didn't have to upgrade, I wanted to help my sis out doing a BOGO deal on the Fascinate. I used another upgrade that was sitting on my family plan since 2006.

To be honest, I was perfectly happy with my D1. But, now that I have the Fascinate, I doubt I'll be reactivating the D1. :)
  6. OB1J3D1

OB1J3D1 New Member

Looks like the rumored iPhone drop and the Verizon tiered data adjustments will be happening at the same time. Just like with the iPhone 4 drop.

FYI...