[Tutorial]Sysctl and you, A guide to better preformance and battery life.

cantstopthesignal

Reaction score
oh- one more question:

In one of imoseyon's posts, he said that the zip would "Flush system caches once a day (3AM PT)."

Question:
Does my phone have to be on to have this happen? What happens if my phone is off at that time? I shut my phone off at the end of every day, then turn it back on when I wake up.

OP
Jboxen

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
If that's the case the reboot takes care of the flush, So no worries.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
This mod has made my D2 (running Apex) less stable, so I'm reversing it...I've had lock-ups and some "stalling" where my phone would become non-responsive that were not occurring before applying this change. Something about either Apex or the combination of programs I'm using that it does not seem to like.

<edit> Found the 5.11 update w/on-demand option, so giving that a try before I revert...

Last edited:
OP
Jboxen

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Interactive will hold your phone at the highest slot more than ondemand will so if you have custom vsel's and clock speeds, the phone may become less stable.

imoseyon

Reaction score
Interactive will hold your phone at the highest slot more than ondemand will so if you have custom vsel's and clock speeds, the phone may become less stable.

Yup, it would also mean slightly worse battery life if you're heavily overclocked. (Along with better performance)

sent from my dx running heavily tweaked 3.4.2

ncdub

Reaction score
Quick question that may not be related whatsoever. Flashed liberty 1.5 then sysctl.zip and now my data cuts out everytime my screen is off?? Does this sound related or is it something else I have done.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

jjj751

Reaction score
How would the governor on the zip mesh with the one on droid oc app? I mean does it override the one in the app? Which governors would the phone use, the ones from the app or the one from the zip?

jjj751

Reaction score
Oh and whats the difference between droid oc's performance governor and the interactive governor of this zip? It seems like both of them hold the cpu to max power

OP
Jboxen

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Nc, that isn't a known issue with this zip specifically however I know that installing some of the themes is known for it.

Jjj, the ondemand will keep the stock governor and change a few settings with it as to make it scale up faster. The interactive will install that governor and set it to default. If you have an oc app, you should be able to choose between both of them if you install the interactive.

Edit: There's a description in the first post about interactive. But it is a modified performance governor.

Last edited:

ncdub

Reaction score
Nc, that isn't a known issue with this zip specifically however I know that installing some of the themes is known for it.

So the honeycomb theme could be causing this? Thanks for the heads up!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
Jboxen

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I'm running the honeycomb theme just fine with no radio loss maybe try updated your roaming? *228 option 2

jjj751

Reaction score
So if I just want to try out the on demand zip I can just install it over the interactive one?