[Tutorial]Sysctl and you, A guide to better preformance and battery life.

imoseyon

Reaction score
I executed your backup.sh and it didn't create a folder imoseyon on my sdcard or anything. Also I checked the tmp folder for the purge logs nothing is there. Pgrep -f crond is giving me a number. What's the problem?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

The problem might be that something went awry! ;)

What version of the zip do you have installed? Also you may have to give it 24 hours before the log shows up.

swagmonster

Reaction score
I can't keep up with you guys lol good job and thanks will flash it in a bit

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

jaynyc22

Reaction score
I executed your backup.sh and it didn't create a folder imoseyon on my sdcard or anything. Also I checked the tmp folder for the purge logs nothing is there. Pgrep -f crond is giving me a number. What's the problem?

What version of the zip do you have installed? Also you may have to give it 24 hours before the log shows up.
I did give it 24hrs and used version 4.0

nakhleh926

Reaction score
What's changed in 4.1? just recently flashed 4.0(it works btw). can I just flash it over?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
Jboxen

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
That makes no sense. This zip doesnt touch any .apk.

imoseyon

Reaction score

I did give it 24hrs and used version 4.0

Interesting. You're on Liberty 1.5 and Droid X? How exactly did you execute the script? (what is the exact command you used).

gammaxgoblin

Reaction score
installed 4.1 and now i get no cell service! first boot the phone was sluggish and sms history would not load. rebooted and no phone service. flashed 4.0 over 4.1 and same problem.

What does (comment in 99imosyen to disable) mean?

edit: was a d2 issue....jbox is on it

Last edited:

imoseyon

Reaction score
Hey guys, v4.2 is up for Liberty users. If my suspicion is correct 4.2 will fix the no service problem. But if you're experiencing the problem you will need to flash v4.2, and then reflash the liberty ROM on top (without wiping data). You shouldn't have to restore from backup. Sorry!

imoseyon: I Got a ZIP

Another way to fix will be to comment out the "sh /data/imoseyon/zipalign_system.sh" line in /etc/init.d/99imoseyon, and then reflash the ROM without wiping.

Last edited:

firestrife23

Reaction score
That makes no sense. This zip doesnt touch any .apk.

Obviously you don't understand how oem swype work with build.prop.

By the way, I fixed it with liberty toolbox, and 4.2 didn't affect swype this time, all is well so far.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

imoseyon

Reaction score
So a little background story. I run fission now and I noticed that some of the system Apps were not zipaligned. I added zipalign to my startup script and that got pushed out to all my zips. Somehow this doesn't sit well with liberty probably because liberty does its own zipalign at boot. (or i'm just an idiot and don't know how to zipalign properly ;))

Anyway, if anyone needs help fixing their rom pm me and I can build a custom zip to restore the system apps, although you should be fine if you followed the instructions above.

sent from my dx running heavily tweaked fission

Last edited:

Isak73

Reaction score
I've saw a significant increase in battery life im on a stock battery underclocking now on low voltage believe it or not 13 and a half hours normal use 70% left. . .note I did sleep 7 hours but wow normally I would be at 40-50%!! Thanks!!!

LIBERATED DROID X OC'D 1.25GHZ

meishkov

Reaction score
Hey imoseyon, quick question out of curiousity. Can any of these performance/battery tweaks be applied to the OG Droid? Now there's ROMs and themes aplenty, but when it comes to internal file system tweaks, they are few and far between, if not at all. I usually just do basic build.prop tweaks like vm heapsize, which I have no idea if lower or higher is better, and wifi scan time, just basic stuff.

Now obviously these tweaks can't be applied the exact same, since the X has about 2-3 times more RAM than the OG, but maybe you experimented with it originally to test some things, then made your way over to the DX/D2?? No idea, I'm just letting hope guide me at this point.