Thunderbolt might have to go....

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuigi

Reaction score
About a week after it came out.

Between all that plus a terrible battery and Skype being dropped at the las minute....if u really think about it this phone kinda sucks.

You do realize that a leaked version of Skype was posted, right? And that version does work on the Thunderbolt and also works with video conferencing as well.
I thought I had downloaded the leaked version of skype and I got no video. Can u send a link that has the version that worked for you

giff111

Reaction score
I don't have any of those issues.

If you can't figure out how to fix your phone have someone on the board help you. Maybe even try out Gingerbread.
i second that. to me, it seems alot of people are not happy if they are not complaining. i have had the phone for 2 months and have not had any of these problems that are being complained about. do you all know how to "use the phone." the ONLY problem i have is sometimes the default ringtone overrides my custom ringtones. other than that, this phone is phenomanal. any solution to the ringtone issue would be greatly appreciated. see, i did that without "*****ing."dancedroid

kparks

Reaction score
Awesome ....now the phone can't play back the videos that I SHOT WITH THE PHONE.
Sounds like you have a bad phone. Take it back and get a replacement.

And stop trying to inflate your post count in this thread with 1 line complaints

Everything worked fine for the most part until the update and trust me..lol...
i could'nt care less about inflating my post count on this or any other board.
The only thing I notice the update did actually do was fix the sound quality on video's taken with the phone

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

jseah

Reaction score
About a week after it came out.

Between all that plus a terrible battery and Skype being dropped at the las minute....if u really think about it this phone kinda sucks.

You do realize that a leaked version of Skype was posted, right? And that version does work on the Thunderbolt and also works with video conferencing as well.
I thought I had downloaded the leaked version of skype and I got no video. Can u send a link that has the version that worked for you

The version I installed was from this thread

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/htc-thunderbolt/140303-skype-video-4-11-2011-a.html

which links to the Droid Life post

Download: Skype with Video on Android - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Note that video only works Skype to Skype.

OP
T

tc3

Reaction score
I don't have any of those issues.

If you can't figure out how to fix your phone have someone on the board help you. Maybe even try out Gingerbread.
i second that. to me, it seems alot of people are not happy if they are not complaining. i have had the phone for 2 months and have not had any of these problems that are being complained about. do you all know how to "use the phone." the ONLY problem i have is sometimes the default ringtone overrides my custom ringtones. other than that, this phone is phenomanal. any solution to the ringtone issue would be greatly appreciated. see, i did that without "*****ing."dancedroid

I "know how to use the phone" that's a ignorant thing to say.

A phone that has some pretty serious bugs out of the gate then gets worse with an official update is a joke.

Problem is that everybody wanted this phone for so long that they bury their heads in the sand when it comes to its glaring problems.

OP
T

tc3

Reaction score
Yea the Thunderbolt is pretty bad I had mixed feelings with it to begin with but my friend/coworker owned one for about a month
And she was complaining about the constant 4G drops, experiencing random reboots and if she wrote a message longer then 140 characters it would fail to send. Right before she was about to finally take it back to Verizon she dropped it...about table height to a carpet floor and the screen shattered on her... what happened to durability being a selling point for a phone!
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

I said this from the beginning....the glass quality it garbage.

Mine has very light scratches...admittedly barely noticeable but they are there...right where my thumb slides up and down on the screen. This is not caused by dust,keys or anything else.

mcgeeb

Reaction score
Please return the phone and don't buy another cell phone. Doesn't sound like you will be happy with anything.

sadib888

Reaction score
I'm not due for an upgrade until around Easter (April 21 to be exact) since Verizon messed up our upgrade dates (I have to wait 22 months instead of 20).

OP
T

tc3

Reaction score
Please return the phone and don't buy another cell phone. Doesn't sound like you will be happy with anything.

Actually I loved my original Droid. No problems at all.

motoconvert

Reaction score
I, too, have had the data problems since day one, and I am on my third phone! So it's not me...I've spent hours on the phone with Verizon and at the store, and of course it doesn't happen when I'm there. Techsupport told me I'm just gonna have to keep doing the airplane mode thing. How's that for support?

OP
T

tc3

Reaction score
That or the standard factory reset....which doesn't fix anything anyway.

Googleaddict

Reaction score
No problems with my thunderbolt whatsoever :) running stock rooted. And I didn't install the latest update

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

armeddroid

Reaction score
I'm not sure what's going on with these phones. I personally am not having any problems but there does seem to be many people with issues and i have not received the update yet. One issue I am having which I'm not sure if the OTA FW will fix is my geo-locator doesn't get initialized properly when I turn it on/off. I ended up rebooting the phone to get it to work. Aside from that; its my only true gripe.

via a Thunderbolt

xx40ozxx

Reaction score
My thunderbolt runs just fine and with the update know it runs peeeerfect!!

OP
T

tc3

Reaction score
Just wait...mine did too.

Status
Not open for further replies.