Thunderbolt might have to go....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jseah

Reaction score
I have/had the Droid 1 since the first day it was available and I had problems with it from day 1 as well. I wouldn't be able to say it was perfect, although I was able to work around the issues.

1. Battery door was loose and had a tendency to fall off. Verizon and Motorola fixed this by sending out replacement battery doors to people who requested it.

2. After having the phone for a week, the screen "went out" on it. From time to time, the screen would not come on after pressing the power button to turn the screen back on. Sometimes a battery pull would work to turn the screen on, sometimes it would not. Ended up getting it replaced by Verizon (was given a new one rather than a refurb since I was still within my 30 days).

3. One thing that NEVER got resolved, even through all of the updates since the phone was released, was a glitch with the Bluetooth on the phone. No problems with Bluetooth headsets, but I always had problems with it working properly with the Bluetooth adapter of my Pioneer head unit. It would connect fine, and I could use the dialer on the car stereo. But if I attempted to initiate a call from the phone itself while it was connected via Bluetooth to my car, about half of the time the phone would reboot. I just learned to live with it and to always use the dialer in the car to initiate a call.

In short, I come to expect glitches.

masfet

Reaction score
just like anything new (4G LTE), you will experience problems. If don't like what you have simply move on...Otherwise, enjoy the ride.

jeremycnly

Reaction score
One thing that NEVER got resolved, even through all of the updates since the phone was released, was a glitch with the Bluetooth on the phone. No problems with Bluetooth headsets, but I always had problems with it working properly with the Bluetooth adapter of my Pioneer head unit. It would connect fine, and I could use the dialer on the car stereo. But if I attempted to initiate a call from the phone itself while it was connected via Bluetooth to my car, about half of the time the phone would reboot. I just learned to live with it and to always use the dialer in the car to initiate a call.

I use my doid for a powerakoustic 7" screen head unit, every damn time I'm on the phone and turn off my car whether I'm talking through the units mic or the handset it hangs up! A problem that I've learned to work around myself.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
2. After having the phone for a week, the screen "went out" on it. From time to time, the screen would not come on after pressing the power button to turn the screen back on. Sometimes a battery pull would work to turn the screen on, sometimes it would not. Ended up getting it replaced by Verizon (was given a new one rather than a refurb since I was still within my 30 days).

The 30 day rule has been gone for a while...It's 14 now.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Op if you had it more than 14 days you can either get a clnr, sell your device, or trade it in. I would try a clnr. I have actually got some good clnr devices.

sent from droidforums app

OP
T

tc3

Reaction score
just like anything new (4G LTE), you will experience problems. If don't like what you have simply move on...Otherwise, enjoy the ride.

"move on"

Seriously? Somebody pays a few hundred dollars and enters a 2 year contract or worse pays full retail for a phone that doesn't work as it should and your advice is move on?
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Beardface

Reaction score
I have/had the Droid 1 since the first day it was available and I had problems with it from day 1 as well. I wouldn't be able to say it was perfect, although I was able to work around the issues.

1. Battery door was loose and had a tendency to fall off. Verizon and Motorola fixed this by sending out replacement battery doors to people who requested it.

3. One thing that NEVER got resolved, even through all of the updates since the phone was released, was a glitch with the Bluetooth on the phone. No problems with Bluetooth headsets, but I always had problems with it working properly with the Bluetooth adapter of my Pioneer head unit. It would connect fine, and I could use the dialer on the car stereo. But if I attempted to initiate a call from the phone itself while it was connected via Bluetooth to my car, about half of the time the phone would reboot. I just learned to live with it and to always use the dialer in the car to initiate a call.

Yep... Many people hold the D1, and all of the Droid family on such a high pedestal. Why? Those phones were just as buggy if not more so than this TBolt when they first came out. However, many of those owners forgot about it because the eventual OTAs and Custom ROMs fixed all the buggy, broken, or completely inactive or underutilized processes within the phone, and thus created the beast we all know and love. And as for the Droid vs TBolt comparison, the only Droid that has been released so far (after a delay) is the Charge, and its a vastly inferior device. The one that was supposed to knock the TBolt's socks off, the Boinic, was scrapped and at the last minute and currently undergoing a redesign or rebranding of another phone because the device overheated on minimal use to the point where it broke the battery and CPU. Wonderful, isn't it?

Only issue I've had with the TBolt (well, other than the GPS in everything other than Google Maps) was the battery, but ever since the OTA, its been incredible. I'm getting longer battery life in 3G with the TBolt than I ever did with the Droid, with the same amount of usage. Of course, I expect that to be lower when 4G is activated, but that's just the nature of the game.

Beardface

Reaction score

"move on"

Seriously? Somebody pays a few hundred dollars and enters a 2 year contract or worse pays full retail for a phone that doesn't work as it should and your advice is move on?
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
In short... Yes

You knew what you were getting into when you bought the thing. You claim to be 'tech-savvy'. Well, then you should have known that not every device is perfect. Everything that is made has a certain percentage that is duds or lemons that break. Everything, whether it comes to cars, homes, cell phones, televisions, etc. Everything. If yours isn't working, either fix it yourself or take it back and get a replacement. Otherwise, suck it up, deal with the problems, or move on to another device that is more on par with your patience and 'tech savvy'.

I would suggest the iPhone.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
op ill pm you on solutions, this thread is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.