Is it worth it or not

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt' started by cmurphy81, Jul 18, 2011.

1. cmurphy81

cmurphy81 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I have had my thunderbolt for a little over a month now, even after the updates I still have data connection problems. I am on the internet and suddenly lose all data. I have the latest update, changed the sim card, and done a factory reset, still the same issue. I have talked to tech support and the last time I was talking to them the phone reboot mid conversation. They said with all the problems I am still having it sounds like a bad phone. They want to send me a refurbished tb. Just want some opinions, do you think it is just a bad phone or something else. Is a refurbished tb going to be any better.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

2. AlexSB

AlexSB Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been through like 3 CLN (certified like new) D2's when I was back on my d2. And honestly at first. I was like na I don't want someone else's returns you know? But the final one they sent me ended up lasting me 5-6 months (until I upgraded) and it was still going strong. It beat out my brand new one by a hundred times. So CLNs seem bad at first, but hey if you feel like you got a defective device, then don't be afraid to get one sent out to you

AWESOMEbolt Tapatalkin'

3. Duncan_2150

Duncan_2150 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You should never call support on a phone your trying to trouble shoot, thats tech support 101.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using DroidForums

4. cmurphy81

cmurphy81 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Well when it is the only phone you have and there is no pay phone around you do what you can

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

5. Duncan_2150

Duncan_2150 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wait cause its a waste of tech supports and your time. Sorry, I have been tech support for a long time, just some friendly advice

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using DroidForums

6. turdbogls

turdbogls Active Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Get a new one. I have the same issue with mine. Hot a cln. Phone and it worked great for a couple days then stopped. New one arrives today. If you have tried everything, there is no harm in getting a new phone. Eventually they will offer you a different phone. I got offered a charge, which I will probably jump on if this one has the same issues. :(

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk