[THEME] Gingerbread CM6.1

Glueeater

Reaction score
Can't get this to install either. Removed HTC apks and other unneeded ones. I also flashed back 2.5.0.0 Clockwork.

SkullOne

Reaction score
Very impressive. Love the Gingerbread look. ADW works just fine with it. Love the new keyboard. Gonna take a little bit of getting used to though since the letters are slightly further apart from each other IMO but very nice.

Good job and thanks! :D

boostedhonda

Reaction score
Glueeater, have you tried reapplying the update.zip after deleting everything? That should do it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
Benny879

Benny879

Reaction score
So far this is my main theme and CM6.1 is my main Rom.

Benny! Anyway of changing out the 3G icon? It's tiny and I cant distinguish between 3G and 1X. Otherwise Awesome THEME and Awesome Rom.

The 3G icon is straight from Gingerbread...I'm not changing it. I want this to be as authentic as possible aside from the transparent drop down.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

bigee1212

Reaction score
hey a lot of my apps have grey font on a white background... is this supposed to be right? i did use the xml ...

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
Nothing changed for me except my clock went white.

I used CW to flash zip and applied xml via Cyanogen theme settings.

Any ideas?

Edit: Reread OP....guess my memory is too low

~ DroidForums.net App ~

OP
Benny879

Benny879

Reaction score
hey a lot of my apps have grey font on a white background... is this supposed to be right? i did use the xml ...

Yeah its one bug with the theme...I have a fix for it which will be released tonight if all goes well

Reaction score
Okay so I love the Theme, but im new to CyanogenMod, never really used his Rom, need help installing...I flashed CM6.1, went into CW and flashed the GB theme and when my phone rebooted it was stock CM 6.1...what did i do wrong???

Last edited:
OP
Benny879

Benny879

Reaction score
Okay so I love the Theme, but im new to CyanogenMod, never really used his Rom, I've used UltimateDroid, ShadowRom and Project Elite...but can anyone point out the good features of CyanogenMod 6.1?

ShadowROM is built from CM6 source code so they are pretty much identicle.

Reaction score
Okay so I love the Theme, but im new to CyanogenMod, never really used his Rom, I've used UltimateDroid, ShadowRom and Project Elite...but can anyone point out the good features of CyanogenMod 6.1?

ShadowROM is built from CM6 source code so they are pretty much identicle.

oh okay cool thats a plus...but how do I go about installing the theme? like i said I installed CM6.1 and then installed the theme and the ending result was Stock CM6.1 =(

Sandso9

Reaction score
Okay tried applying this theme twice now first time was on 6.1 with out wipe and it wouldnt apply it just kept the same stock theme and i wiped and put 6.1 again and its doing the same thing

illmatic636

Reaction score
Okay tried applying this theme twice now first time was on 6.1 with out wipe and it wouldnt apply it just kept the same stock theme and i wiped and put 6.1 again and its doing the same thing

Go into System/Apps (using RootExplorer) and you want to delete all the APK's that say HTC, and all the apps in there that can be installed from the market. Then use Rom Manager, SPRecovery or Clockwork to flash it like an average rom.

Good luck

bigee1212

Reaction score
i deleted cyanogen mod wallpapers from system/app. got rid of a ton of space, didnt need em anyway. along with torch and file manager. guaranteed a clean install. now waiting on that fix. this theme is amazing and now the most stable rom with the most features i have ever used.