[THEME] Gala S

Cool Cake

Reaction score
Got it to work, too little space in /system/app. Still can't get LP to work though

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

how much space do you need?

10MB free should do the trick

Thanks Benny,
I just want to make sure I get this right. When I use Root Explorer and navigate to /system in the top left it says that "137.57MB used, 2.80MB Free". Does that mean less than 10MB is free.
It's weird b/c I have a sys. info widget that says I have 150MB free of internal storage.
Is there a difference btw the two?

If I start deleting .apk's from the /system/app folder than those programs go "bye bye" don't they? I don't have that may apps (downloaded) installed maybe 15.

Also I have an HTC keyboard installed. Should I get rid of that?

I really like your theme and I want it to look right on my phone. I didn't have as much trouble with the Bugless Beast version.

Sorry for the newbie questions.
Thanks for your help.

lurch81

Reaction score
Yes I understand the concept but it won't let me uninstall twitter, facebook, or gmail

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

CyanogenMod saves them in /system/app so u have to use Root Explorer or something similar to delete them manually.

File names are:

Twitter.apk
Facebook.apk
Gmail.apk

Thanks! Worked perfectly

OP
Benny879

Benny879

Reaction score
how much space do you need?

Thanks Benny,
I just want to make sure I get this right. When I use Root Explorer and navigate to /system in the top left it says that "137.57MB used, 2.80MB Free". Does that mean less than 10MB is free.
It's weird b/c I have a sys. info widget that says I have 150MB free of internal storage.

If I start deleting .apk's from the /system/app folder than those programs go "bye bye" don't they? I don't have that may apps (downloaded) installed maybe 15.

I really like your theme and I want it to look right on my phone. I didn't have as much trouble with the Bugless Beast version.

Thanks for your help.

The system memory is different than the phone memory you see in your widget. You want to increase your 2.8MB of free memory to at least 10MB before installing any themes on CM6.1. There are a few apps that come with CM that aren't supposed to be there. Anything starting with "htc" can be deleted. I would also delete these apps since you can download them from the market:

Maps.apk
GMail.apk
Twitter.apk
Facebook.apk
QuickOffice.apk

Deleting those will give you enough space for themes.

lurch81

Reaction score
Spoke too soon earlier I deleted with root explorer but after I went to install your version and it failed, not sure what I did wrong

OP
Benny879

Benny879

Reaction score
Spoke too soon earlier I deleted with root explorer but after I went to install your version and it failed, not sure what I did wrong

You probably just need to reboot

666ogre666

Reaction score
Got everything installed and working now, thanks for the help and thanks a lot for all your themes, they all kick ass!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

timwilso

Reaction score
I've always loved this theme except for one part...the 3G indicator. The entire theme is so clean looking and then the 3G indicator looks like it was drawn with crayons. Great work porting it, not Benny's fault by any means, he didn't design it. I just always wished someone would change it.

Cool Cake

Reaction score

Thanks Benny,

Thanks for your help.

The system memory is different than the phone memory you see in your widget. You want to increase your 2.8MB of free memory to at least 10MB before installing any themes on CM6.1. There are a few apps that come with CM that aren't supposed to be there. Anything starting with "htc" can be deleted. I would also delete these apps since you can download them from the market:

Maps.apk
GMail.apk
Twitter.apk
Facebook.apk
QuickOffice.apk

Got it all good! Thanks! I love this theme.
Just one more thing.
The sign in button for twitter is missing from your Gapps. I installed/uninstalled it twice and rebooted between and the button is still missing, making it impossible to log in.
When I go to the market and install from there the button is there.

OP
Benny879

Benny879

Reaction score
Thanks Benny,

Thanks for your help.

Maps.apk
GMail.apk
Twitter.apk
Facebook.apk
QuickOffice.apk

Just one more thing.
The sign in button for twitter is missing from your Gapps. I installed/uninstalled it twice and rebooted between and the button is still missing, making it impossible to log in.

Its there, just invisible. Once you log in you wont have any bugs.

Cool Cake

Reaction score

Maps.apk
GMail.apk
Twitter.apk
Facebook.apk
QuickOffice.apk

Just one more thing.

I'm sorry I don't understand. When you say "log in", which program do you log in to?
Without a "sign in" button there is no way to go to the next step from the credentials screen in twitter. there is just a "sign up now" link at the bottom.

OP
Benny879

Benny879

Reaction score
Just one more thing.

I'm sorry I don't understand. When you say "log in", which program do you log in to?
Without a "sign in" button there is no way to go to the next step from the credentials screen in twitter. there is just a "sign up now" link at the bottom.

I know you cant see the sign in button but its there, trust me. Touch the screen where its supposed to be and it will work.

lurch81

Reaction score
Thanks benny rebooting worked appreciate all the help, crap one more thing I can't find gmail in system/app

mtbhk44

Reaction score
This does not install on my phone. It looks like it installs in recovery, when it boots up it's the same stock theme as before. I redownloaded the file and tried again - three times - no dice. Any ideas?