[Theme] - BNB (Black and Bold) For Eclipse 0.4

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If it's framework, systemui, settings, blur-res, moto-res or a blur app they get a little more love before they can be messed with. If its anything else, first I test it for errors. I decompile, change nothing and recompile. If it works, I say N to the prompt and go into the place-apk-here-for-modding folder and delete the unsigned apk file. Now that I know Im good to go, I go back to the projects folder, make my xml edits and recompile. At the prompts say Y and Y. Then go into the keep folder and delete any xml you edited. Also delete the resources.arsc file there at the beginning. There wont be a values folder but thats fine, that stuff is stored inthe resources anyway. Once Ive deleted what I need to I go back to the script and "hit any button to continue". When its done, Im done. I rename unsignedwhatever.apk to whatever.apk, put it in an update.zip templae and use Clockworld to install it.

jim2244

Reaction score
Wow I've searched a lot for a simple example like this lol u r awesome lapel haha I've been tempted to mod a lot lately :p

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
jim.. just so you know, I made a much more detailed how-to in the "Team Inversion Conversion" Forum. If you need more help i mean. glad to help.

jim2244

Reaction score
ill make sure to check it up i know ill find out later but im one of those people that love that saying to never shut urself off to knowledge =p if i can learn it ill try and id rather get a lot better of an understanding before i even start to try to really start modding or theming or whateveri end up going to

jim2244

Reaction score
umm u know what lol while im at it i should probably ask here since your the most helpful, i read it might just be 4.9 is bad, but for say, download kbb app, pull it, decompile, then the compile/install
pull, opt 9, opt 14, i go to open it, it force closes lol same with mostly every app i try to modify and ive never been able to figure it out its driving me nuts haha itll porbably be the biggest thing, once i can simply decomp, then recomp and have no probs ill be able to start theming, and help you out even with it lol i just cant find the answer to it

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
not sure if this was meant to be left blue or not

Bluetooth icon on notification bar. I'd like to find it and make it blue. Only im afraid to touch after all I went through with the first phone.

2011-09-02_07.31.06.png

Trying to theme curvefishbattery widget but its an xml edit I guess Never done them so im lost. I'll have to learn them later. Thought I had root explorer done but its broken had to go back to stock. Not sure why it breaks from doing the icom over like that

Anyone not busy think they can do this edit for me. Just want to change the color of the fill from any one of the choices to white. I did the icon already to blackNWhite like the one for rom manager.
http://www.mediafire.com/?k6db1s9bab5ibm2

Last edited:

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
root explorer

Looks like I broke root explorer had to go back to stock one. I dont get it I ran it though resigner and it said it was ok but it wont work once I install it :(

Last edited:
OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
MAD... give me a screenshot of that app to work with.
Also, i never bother messing with root explorere cause it updates so much.
Lastly, what color do you want that bluetooth icon? I made it blue. its on is blue off is grey.

After about 23 hours of testing, trial and error, agrivation, etc... phone, dialer and contacts are done. 100% edited by me this time so I know it works.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
MAD... are you trying to do RE as a data app or system app?

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
re

I tried both and end up with it not working so I gave up on Root explorer icon.

as for bluetooth just wanted it white like the the rest of icons in statusbar.

as for batterylife just want the fill color to be white not blue as is in this screen shot

2011-09-02_08.03.28.png

Tried ninja morph for the first time and messed up framework just restored from my last save so I give up on that too :) this phone is too picky when I touch framwork.

Damnit when I did reboot I bootlooped I guess I messed up something else
dont know why the framework is so touch on this phone. going back to my restore and leaving well enough alone for now :)

Last edited:
OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
you are just trying to change the icon for root explorer? What color?

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
I was trying to get it charcoal but no worries I gave UP you do enough man no worries about my bs projects I'll figure it otu sooner or later

in paint.net I hcose black and white then I chose invert colors is how I was doing it.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Man I am staring at the xmls for this battery widget. the only colors in there are green, blue and orange. Which is funny because, without running it, I am guessing your color choices are purple, green, blue, orange and red. At least thats what the xml says your options are. It really appears to me that by selecting red, purple or blue its drawing in two colors, mixing them and coming up with your color. So, with the understanding I have of it (wrong or right), the best I can do is change every color to white, recompile it back up and see what happens.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I would change the text to black of course so you can read the percentages.

Edit: Scratch that.. i looked at the photo again. theres that grey panel in there. I can either leave that alone, make it a different color or make it transparent (with the hopeful outcome of your desktop behind it. That would change all of those grey panels though so you would need to place it right if transparent.

Last edited: