Coming Soon... time permitting and my understanding of the X2 is accurate.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OK, I needed to put this out there for A) To make sure I finished it cause once I say it's coming, people will hold me to it and B) eh, can't remember B but I know there was one and once I remember, I will edit this post.

Seems the DEV support for this phone leaves something to be desired. Personally, all this blue (especially the blue on blue in the noti bar) is getting to me. I have never made a theme for the X or the X2 but... I have made many for the D1. Through making themes, I have made a lot of friends and and learned a whole lot of stuff along the way. Especially from thebowers. So, to rid myself of this blue madness I asked him if I could bring over Black N Bold to the X2. He said yes. (wait, did I just get engaged? oh wait, different story).

Anyway, I grabbed his Froyo BNB and I am currently resizing images, editing some 9pngs and bringing them into GB land. Once that's done, I will edit the 100's of leftover new images to match. And match they will, I was taught how to make BNB. As a bonus (to myself mainly). I will also bring in all of the inverted apps from team Inversion Conversion which I am a part of. My goal here is to basically invert the whole phone and make it all match.

Now, I do work 80 hours a week and I have two small kids which I love dearly and spend a lot of time on the weekends with. At night when I get home too, that last sentence made it sound like I was divorced and had visitation rights.. needed to clarify. So, time is limited but there is time.

I would like to know 2 things.. Mainly... does anyone really care and 2nd, anyone have any pointers or ideas for apps they would like to see inverted along the way?

If anyone is unfamilliar with BNB or inverted apps, go check out the Team Inverted Conversion section on the forum.

Thanks for reading and replying.

Last edited:

Esper

Reaction score
Yes please.... I cant stand all this blue.... Im simple... Black and white please

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The Framework is completely done, complete with xml edits and such. Moving on to the systemUI... a file I have never even seen. I'll figure it out.

SystemUI is done now.

Time to go to dinner. Come back and test.

Be patient.. I don't know how to make a backup yet and I have never themed GB or system UI. Edits will have to be made I guarantee it.

This better work..lol I WANT it.

Last edited:

Esper

Reaction score
Looking forward to it

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
well, attempt number 1 went better than expected... it installed..lol Some things took, some didn't. Blue is ALL gone. Odd thing though, when I applied the theme, the blur stuff kicked in so now I have more green. I didn't edit those images because I had never seen them before. time to start.

Mainly what I see... the lock screen tabs are now green. The battery meter didn't take and my sub menu change from white to black with white text instead of black didn't take.

Last edited:
OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
getting closer... all blue (and now all green) is gone. All my edits took. Only thing I need to do is tweak 2 images and find some black text and make it grey.

smackdaddy35

Reaction score
Hey X thanks for all of your hard work. Sure cant wait!

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
no problem man. I hate it as much as you. I know how to do something about it though so I kind of feel like its my civic duty. Unless I get mad at the fun of constant trial and error, I should have it done tonight. No matter when though, you and esper get to try it before anyone else. Make sure it works for me.. get it first for you.

Had to take a couple steps backwards. Saw that some of my 9png edits werent working... i.e. only one slider button on the lock screen and it didnt move. Fixed all that jazz. Now just trying to get my text colors right with the backgrounds on the menus and the noti bar. That should be it. Next I will work on settings.apk and after that, I will just incorporate all the hard work thebowers and exsnead have done inverting all the apps. One easy install does it all. X2 til it dies!! ..lol

I should note here that I am doing all this for the rooted, unROM'd gingerbread. I will also make this for Eclipse in the future but per his words "big update coming soon", I will wait for that.

Last edited:

smackdaddy35

Reaction score
Your going to take the X2 to the next level.

MNull

Reaction score
Thank the lord we have someone doing something for this cell. I to came from a OF Droid and I miss all the stuff we could do to that cell. Dang these locked bootloaders!!!

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'll be back at it this evening. All is done except, for some reason, I have black text on black background in the noti bar pulldown and on the menus and submenus. I've made the proper edits so I am assuming there is something in the two files that are new to me... moto-res.apk and blur-res.apk. I got them opened up at home, I just got too tired to finish last night. Plus, I wanted to watch the Hell's Kitchen I recorded last week before the new one comes on tonight :)