Coming Soon... time permitting and my understanding of the X2 is accurate.

smackdaddy35

Reaction score
Hey X take your time cuz just like your other themes its going to be great and besides I seen Hells
Kitchen last week love that show too:)

Esper

Reaction score
Yea thank you.... All ur time and effort really is appreciated... No rush just do your thing

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yeah dude, he's probably never heard of XDA. Good call :)

That was funny.. sorry.. lol

Mike, I'll put it over there when I am done as well. Same username my friend.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OK, Made it upto "Attempt9.zip" before I jacked the phone up and had to do a restore..lol I was messing with the settings.apk file and forgot to install moto-res.apk and blur-res.apk to the apktool.jar file. At least.. I hope that's the issue. :) I'll find out soon enough. Either way, I'll fix it. Also, as far as an update goes.. had some time to actually play with the phone yesterday and today. Noticed a few items that need to be addressed. I made a list. Knocked off about 5 of them. I have 7 to go. That includes settings. It made me do a restore, now I am mad at it and must defeat it.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ok so... if your phone goes into a bootloop, theres actually no way to get into the custom recovery to restore... sbf all the way back to 2.2..lol WOW.. that makes this a lot funner.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
ok so... if your phone goes into a bootloop, theres actually no way to get into the custom recovery to restore... sbf all the way back to 2.2..lol WOW.. that makes this a lot funner.

Yeah after having a D1 for so long working with a locked bootloader is strange. I never had to SBF once in well over a year and a half with the OG. In fact I didnt even know what it was because you could do anything to that bad boy and could almost always recover with a little holding x + power button action lol. Now SBFing is like second nature :)

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ok, beyond frustration... I got myself back up and running.. boring... restored my backup.. Ive tried some of my successful attempts..9,8,7.. about to try 6.. and they are all causing bootloops. Not sure what the hell I did but my phone is not happy about it. I have a big feeling I am going to get to start over at square one for whatever reason.

yep.. square one is where i get to go.. awesome. I just dont get it.

Last edited:

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
ok, beyond frustration... I got myself back up and running.. boring... restored my backup.. Ive tried some of my successful attempts..9,8,7.. about to try 6.. and they are all causing bootloops. Not sure what the hell I did but my phone is not happy about it. I have a big feeling I am going to get to start over at square one for whatever reason.

yep.. square one is where i get to go.. awesome. I just dont get it.

I'm Sorry. :icon_ cry:

ashclepdia

Reaction score
Awes man I feel for ya. Glad u are keeping it going.

So I guess I got my answer on if my phone bootloops or gets stuck I can't just turn it off plug in to wall and have bootstrap come up like it dies right now ;(

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
well, I can't make sense out of it, Mainly because it makes no sense, but, I decided to try installing attempt 1 before I went to bed last night. And, it worked. Then, in sequential order, I was able to successfully install attempt 2-9. So, now I am back to where I was before I got hijacked by the settings. I will finish it but man.. I am really going to have to figure out what happened. Otherwise, to get the theme, people are going to have to install like 20 files..lol

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
well, I can't make sense out of it, Mainly because it makes no sense, but, I decided to try installing attempt 1 before I went to bed last night. And, it worked. Then, in sequential order, I was able to successfully install attempt 2-9. So, now I am back to where I was before I got hijacked by the settings. I will finish it but man.. I am really going to have to figure out what happened. Otherwise, to get the theme, people are going to have to install like 20 files..lol

To Me Personally...I Say "So What?" Give Me A Hundred Files To Flash, Doesn't Bother Me.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I made a new settings.apk via a different method but I am afraid to install it...lol I did make a restore point at where I am now though instead of all the way back at the beginning. I think I will finish the frame before I get into settings. If i tried now and it didnt work, id probably throw the phone out the window and just give up. Need some success before I go looking for failure. :)

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
I made a new settings.apk via a different method but I am afraid to install it...lol I did make a restore point at where I am now though instead of all the way back at the beginning. I think I will finish the frame before I get into settings. If i tried now and it didnt work, id probably throw the phone out the window and just give up. Need some success before I go looking for failure. :)

Oh Stop, You Know You Wouldn't Throw It Out The Window When You Got All Of Us Patiently Waiting. :p