[THEME] New Theme! 1st ROM, 1st time seen... CHROME! For UD 2.1

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I present to you, my 1st official 100% original theme. I, along with opinions from the forum, decided to do a theme that has yet to be done. This is as Chromed out as I could think of and inverted everywhere I could.

To install, use CW and install it as an update.zip in recovery. MAKE A BACKUP! An extra 5 minutes before you install could save you hours after you install. UPDATE: SPR Users.. just rename it to update.zip and instlall. Everyones happy now!

Apps included.... framework, calendar, camera, contacts, phone, dolphin, email, facebook (inverted), gallery3d, gmail, google voice (inverted), K9, LatinImeGoogle (keyboard), Mms, Music, Phone, Settings, GTalk (inverted), Vending (Market), VZW Visual Voicemail (Inverted) and YouTube.

Thanks to thebowers for making Google Voice inversion and GTalk inversion and for helping me make Facebook inversion update.

I would also like to add... while he didn't do anything TO my theme, without him, this theme would not even be posted yet due to his help in getting it up and running. SO, more than anyone, I would like to thank Mbk

www.metamorphosex.com/Custom_X.zip

Inverted Market with the Chrome NOW INCLUDED IN THE DOWNLOAD

(PLEASE NOTE)... I only put chrome images in this. It was made IN FULL by thebowers.. today even. If you want to thank someone for making the inverted market, find him.

WALLPAPERS... I tried to hunt down a few from the intraweb.

www.metamorphosex.com/Chrome_Wallpapers_&_Icons.zip

To use the icons (and there are many), I used Better Cut. I don't know how to make an ADW theme and put it on the market...sorry

PLEASE... if you like the theme, take the time to tell someone else it's cool and/or to DONATE. Something like 50 cents (or more) and 2 minutes of your life is all I'm asking.

PLEASE let me know what you think good or bad as this is my 1st theme and there are thousands of images. Missing one or two wouldn't be out of the ordinary. No one mentioned it but, now, when you checkmark a box, you can actually see the checkmark!..lol

ALSO>>>> Apparently Chrome is flexing it's muscles, if you want to change themes, you need to flash stock ROM WITHOUT wiping (so as not to lose data) and then flash a new theme. Personally I flash stock anyways when switching to get rid of any remnants from the old.

snap20101127_220637.png
snap20101127_220631.png

snap20101127_220621.png
snap20101127_220542.png

snap20101127_220508.png
snap20101127_220437.png

snap20101127_220414.png
snap20101127_220405.png

snap20101127_220357.png
snap20101127_220343.png

Also, I included an inverted VZW Visual Voice Mail... This is free to download but cots $2.99/mo to use. So, if you don't have it, just delete it. The inverted Google Voice is in there too.

Last edited:

doublea500

Reaction score
looks nice but the only suggestion i would have is that some of the icons look kinda scratchy for example the delete button in the dialer. im going to dl this though and see how i like it. good job:D. btw jw, did you use plastic tool in photoshop

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I used GIMP2 to do this. Just using filters and then adjusting the curve to get the look I wanted.... over and over and over..lol

And I know what you mean but that DEL button for example, the icon is so thin, the chome look made it a bit fatter and kind of put a shadow on it.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
thanks Robbie!

bdub33

Reaction score
IA this for the D1 or the X?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

doublea500

Reaction score
I used GIMP2 to do this. Just using filters and then adjusting the curve to get the look I wanted.... over and over and over..lol

And I know what you mean but that DEL button for example, the icon is so thin, the chome look made it a bit fatter and kind of put a shadow on it.

ahh ok, if you have photoshop you should just test with the filters and see which ones you like. btw i like your profile pick, burt reynolds in snl celebrity jeopardy, mad funny.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
bdub - it's for the D1... I am now in the process of aking all three of my themes for the Inc UD 2.1. Red is going on in the background as we speak.

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just WOW....this is awesome!!!!!

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just WOW....this is awesome!!!!!

That brings a tear of joy to my face! lol.. every time you make something, the worst is going thru your head.. glad to know I did alright.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
thanks bamick!

bdub33

Reaction score
Do you happen to know if i can install this over the gold theme?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You should be able to. I think i did all the same stuff for chrome so the remnants will be covered. But, for certain... I have no idea. I installed it over Red if that helps.