Coming Soon... time permitting and my understanding of the X2 is accurate.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
SUre I would :)

OK, so I am down to four items.. at least that I saw anyway.. I am going to list them so that if anyone knows where they are, they can point me in the right direction and save me some time reading through xmls. 1) When you longpress on the home screen and then choose something on there...like android widgets for example... that is grey background with black text.. want to switch it. 2) Same as number one except the next screen that comes up with your list of widgets.. it's grey background with white text. Need to change that background color too. 3) On the drop down status bar.. everthing is good except for the bar that says "Notifications" or "ongoing".. those backgrounds are dark blue. 4) The lockscreen sliders are there but they don't slide. Instead, I can see a faint grey moving across the screen. That one there is probably me just having guided the 9png wrong so I'll be looking into that next. Once I have all that done, I will make a restore point, and ..gasp... try to install my new settings.apk I did. If my phone still works after that, I am going to wipe it clean and try to install the whole thing at once like you guys would have to. So, depending on the time it takes me to find those 4 issues and wethere or not settigns works, I could be done as soon as tonight.

Edit..OK found a 5th issue. In the market (and probably in other places but none that I have found)... text is black but if you touch it, it turns white and stays white.. makes it fun to read on a white background..lol

Also.. was going to give you guys a screenshot but.. I cant find an app that will work on the X2.. drocap2 isn't working. I'll try ShootMe when I get home... pull it off the D1.

Cross off number 2.. think I found it in settings.apk. Number 1 is in the framework somewhere though.. hmm

Number 4 is fixed. it was a 9png issue, I put the guides in the wrong spot. Causing them to move wrong. We're good now though.

Last edited:
OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm going for broke people.. it's just in my nature... settings.apk here I come.

Update... broke it..lol

Didn't bootloop though.. maybe I can install my backup and get away with it..

Last edited:
OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Installed it. Works good.... here's my screens. the first 3 are showing what to expect.. the 4th is showing one of my issues with the text color on menus.

Hmm... why do I have 2 shortcuts to dolphin? lol idiot.

Last edited:

Esper

Reaction score
Looking nice amd sleak... Keep up the great work X

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
down to 4 things.. and settings.apk, who needs it.. i got it inverted via the framework now.

And I can't find anything else so, these 4 should be it..really...

1. Settings menu.. Font is white (want it grey) but if I scroll it off the page and bring it back, it's black. It should stay gray always (once I make it grey).
2. Longpress on homescreen, this menu (and others on the system) are grey background with black text. I'd like black background with grey text.
3. Hit the power button.... this menu is grey background with white text. Id like black background with grey text.
4. After longpressing on the homescreen, if I choose say, Andoid Widgets, that screen is grey with white text. It also has the mysterious changing font color to black issue like #1 does.

Wondering.... since #2 and #3 are small enough that there is no scrolling involved... hmmm..

Last edited:
OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OK, down to 2 items.. the menu when you hit the power button (which I am sure will fix the other menus as well) and the font changing color thing. Got tired of looking for the answer so in the meantime, I themed the keyboard. It's done and installed on my phone.

I also want to throw this out there... I will not be themeing the dialer and the contacts. Mine got jacked up (fixed now) and I had to get Go Dialer EX and Go Contacts EX from the market. Now, I can't go without them..love them. So, I will be theming those instead.

Last edited:

Esper

Reaction score
So i was thinking about flashing the eclipse rom... U think this theme will work on it or is this just gonna work on normal GB... If not ill hold up on the rom. Dont feel like having to sbf.even though its no big deal.. i will if i have to obviously... I cant wait for this theme it just looks damn good

Last edited:
OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Exper. To answer your question, go ahead and flash it. I figured out why I was having so many problems trying to theme stuff. The pre rooted gb rom is deodexed. So, last night I installed eclipse. I had to completely redo the theme. But, because weird things weren't happening, im already about 95 percent back to where I was.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Now we're getting somewhere. Frame, Systemui and LatinIME (keyboard) are 100% DONE! As in.. rear view mirror.. adios don't let the door hit you in the....

Now, time to try settings. Then I will theme Go DIaler EX and Go Contacts EX. After, that, I will add in a slew of inverted apps conveniently already done. My own bloat if you will...lol. I will list all the apps Im sticking in. If you don't want them, I can post how to easily delete them before you install.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Man.. now things are rolling. All it took was a ROM that wasn't odexed..lol Settings.apk is done.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
go dialer has a dark theme.. pretty much good for me.... i think im done. Gonna try and add in some other already done apps and see how it goes. If they work. you will see a release tonight.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ok guys and gals (the few of us that seem to own this phone)... I am done. 100%. Theme is complete. I'll have add-ons as time goes on (cause everything gets updated eventually) but this theme is complete. It's 1am here so I am tired. I need to find a place to post my theme cause I don't have a website (suggestions?) but I will find one. In the morning hopefully I will get this out.

To those out there anticipating... 2 things of note.. 1st.. I made this for Eclpise 2.2... or is it 0.2.2.. whatever.... if you want the theme, get that ROM. 2nd.. In regards to the market.. First, verify that you DO NOT have a vending app in \data\app!!!!! If you do, this will not install!!! You will need to uninstall updates before flashing. Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>"ALL" tab>Market>Uninstall Upates

Tomorrow you will see screenshots, a list of whats included and a list of whats to come in the next few days or so.

Until tomorrow...