[Theme] - BNB (Black and Bold) For Eclipse 0.4

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
you know jim.. thats a darn good question. I never tried to add a contact before I installed the theme. Time to go back in time.

jim2244

Reaction score
tell me what you come up with, if its eclipse ill let them know so they can fix for later updates so u dont have to keep fixing there bug

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If its Nitro's bug I couldnt fix it anyway.. i dont know jack about computer code..lol

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
YES!!! (sort of but not really cause.. i feel bad for him but.. im glad theres nothing I need to fix) Stock Eclipse 0.4 has blank contacts.

EDIT: To clarify.. what I mean is, the screen is solid black if you try to add a contact.

Last edited:
OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Also jim.. if you try to add a number to an existing contact, it FC's. Contacts.apk is definately broken or not linked properly. It looked like all the files were correct in the app though.

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
sbf'd again

and still same boat your install just wont happen for me

same thing just aborts
I sbf'd and installed the 2 step p3's method same deal as all others do for me. I red/l'd file 5 times thinking it was d/l error
I just dont get it.

I cannot even touch framework in 2.2 with other themes on this phone. verizon sent me 3 broken droidx's in a row then they sent this now im still **** out of luck cause this phone still wont play music without a glitch from time to time. I got it the best I can when I start over and I use the newest method of rooting teh way they send me the phone with GB on it already and I just use this oneclick root that I posted earlier but still no way I can get any framework changes. Guess i'll call and ***** to get this phone exchanged again :(
starting to really hate verizon over all this. I bought my original droid X for its dark theme then they put gingerbread on it and its been a nightmare since. Yet I can use gingerbread fine on my 0g and INCredible. but I want the bigger screen being legally blind :(

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
PM. me. If you want to send me your phone, I will get it on there and pay for the mailing back. If you are within 700 miles of Ohio, 4 days total back to you.

I know you know me from on here but if you need further proof I wont hose you, Ebay username: transformational_metamorphose check feedback. Also, I'll take a picture of my frigging mailbox with my address on it. You know my name if you look at the screenshots.

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
nope its my phone

geJust got off phone with district manager from verizon there's a batch out there that was sent out with different software on it. I thought I was doing everythihg right. I cant use the normal sbf thats floating around too had to find an alternative soon as I mentioned that he told me the system file number sure enough mine is one of them. Gettting one overnighted to me again. I told him if this one is bad im getting a lawyer, so he's going to have it checked then sent to me :)
5 bad phones in a row from them 4 bad x's then this 1 x2 is rediculous. I knew I not doing anything wrong. I rooted everyone's I know with droid or x or nexus one's you name it I did it. Never had so much trouble as I have with this. Yes I had some learning curves with the X when I first got it but its like that with every phone. I'll write down the numbers later to show you if other's run into this issue. they are only certified preowned that have this issue. And not all of them were setup with this new update. I guess when I used the ordinary sbf thats why it kept failing I thought was due to battery like with he droidX if the battery was 60% or so it would fail even though was not dead.

Bet it works first shot with new one :)

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well.... at least you have an answer. Better than not knowing I think

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
Just for the hell of it

I tried the SBF everyone else has been using and I get failed to startup error 4

Now I hope the correct one will restore phone or im sending it back bricked :)

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
lol.. i feel for you man. I remember you had a lot of issues getting the inverted apps to install on the X.

Esper

Reaction score
Found one more bug... don't know if its from ur theme or if its an issue with the new eclipse .... I noticed my email notifications don't work...everytime a new email comes in it force closes instead of showing a notification icon on my statues bar

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
Yeah but that was before I had root on the X,

I revived the x2, found sbf for gingerbread like I had on here to begin with out of the box
its alive again but still wont allow me to touch framework. My first x I was afraid to root cause was preorder and I had no sbf at the time.

ran sbf like you recommended and about to run gingerbreak to reroot again.
then i'll run p3's prerooted then i'll go back to the rom and should I try the theme before I even reboot or should I boot up then boot back into recovery to add theme ?

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
I believe thats roms fault

I didn't get any notification from email all day no matter how I got to eclipse.

trying for last time today the long and slow process god I hate this phone more I mess with it.

I have no trouble with droid x rooted 2 of them today for friends while messing with mine. I also moved my servere around and cleaned all fans was horrible. 23terabytes for tv/cartoons and movies Had to be moved to new hard drives to get rid of smaller hotter running ones. So I been extremely busy today.

I give UP that bootlooped too doing that
its impossible for me to touch the framwork on this POS.

Last edited: