The Official DF Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

doublea500

Reaction score
Tomorrow

Lets say it is not released tomorrow and the release date is either the 24th or the 28th.

Will the preorder be up by tomorrow?

MrKleen

Reaction score
I sit and read this thread tonight. It shows a lot of what's wrong with df to me.

Let me say this very clear only the panda and p3 are closer to this device release than me. I have one of these devices already and p3 has been accurate in his time line from the start. He also has one he uses every day as I do and the rest of the team does. Lets show him a little more than "proper English " would ya. If you knew have of what's going on behind the scenes your head may explode

Also since this thing isn't ready for prime time yet be thankful you haven't bought one yet. December 8th is a possibility if it gets stable enough to get to the us. The passes quality certification. Until then its just a test device .....

Miami

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

I remember way back when most information Miami got from his "soured" was incorrect due to it being made up.

Remember when the OG was awaiting the 2.1 update and he predicted when it was coming? :) Do you remember the pre update that you had to get before you could get the 2.1 update? :)

Everyone just keep in mind nothing means anything unless you hear it from Verizon. It is east to follow what is going on and fabricate information that could appear correct.

I would love to see a pic with you and your Nexus as a start.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't think these guys know anything more than we all do, if they did they'd be under an NDA anyways and couldn't say anything.

Since they all seem to say different things, what's the point in believing any of them. One says bugs, one says no bugs, one says phones ready to be released and the other says it's a month away from release.

It does us no good when the people "in the know" all have conflicting stories, therefore I'll leave it to the companies to supply me with my info.

MrKleen

Reaction score
This site has had a couple guys that want nothing more than for people to believe they "are in the know".

Don't let it bother you...

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I remember way back when most information Miami got from his "source" was incorrect due to it being made up.

Remember when the OG was awaiting the 2.1 update and he predicted when it was coming? :) Do you remember the pre update that you had to get before you could get the 2.1 update? :)

Everyone just keep in mind nothing means anything unless you hear it from Verizon. It is east to follow what is going on and fabricate information that could appear correct.

I would love to see a pic with you and your Nexus as a start.

I personally dont take sides. But I will say that I know for a fact that one person in this thread actually can prove what he says if he wants to. Now on vzw's end no the only ones who know is vzw. But about the phone......................

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Guys it will be here soon so lets all relax....

MrKleen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Miami1683 Let me say this very clear only the panda and p3 are closer to this device release than me.

This is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time... Lol

Oh my... And funnier yet this will probably make the news rounds.

Very sad indeed. Disgusting actually.

OP
Trusstopher

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
New Theory Time!

IF what Miami is saying has any validity to it, I could see everything that I have been thinking about all of these Shenanigans is actually completely backwards (Evil Shenanigans). I assumed that the "hush hush" about the device and the new "return policy" were all about not hurting the numbers of the Razr and Rezound... but what if they are about not hurting the numbers of the Nexus?? If it got out that the current state of the Nexus is bleak at best, they are rushing to get it release ready, and don't have a definite time table when it will be released; what do you think the majority of people who even know what the Nexus is will do? I'm pretty sure I would go pick up a Razr almost immediately. If they give us any reason to waver our faith in the Nexus, I'm guessing the number of people that would jump ship would be pretty sever. While it is common this time a year, the modified return policy is a great way to appease people in the mean time, get their mind off of the Nexus, and give them a chance to make an extra $35 a costumer when it finally does come out. I think when it comes to Verizon and letting us know any information, they are sticking to the "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Notice the vzw backup assistance app..... aka the bloatware they should leave off in my opinion.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
For those talking about the polished ready to go Nexus, how many of you are taking into account a lot of those video reviews are not the LTE version? You do realize that LTE does come into play, right? Only a couple are on LTE and P3 is the only officially reviewed I can think of that is LTE.

So everyone please settle down.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Personally I dont know who has what, or who knows what. And to be honest with you guys I really am just at a point that I dont care about the back drop just give me my nexus. Miami you, p3, and panda may or may not know whatever is going on.. who knows. I can not see on the otherside of the screen so I dont know what you have or dont have in your hand. I do know you did tell me back in March when I said I was going to by the tbolt that it would be the worst purchase I ever made and wait for the vzw nexus and that its not a rumor but will happen. At the same time I am like a lot of people and am tired of turning the computer on each day and seeing a different date and story about the nexus that contradicts the stories the previous day. The rumors have gotten out of control and people are riding those highs and lows and its exhausting. So for right now ima put a new rom on my tbolt and hopefully it lasts me until release date.

See... My Thunderbolt has been the best of all the Android phones I've owned. I know some have had problems but how did it work out for you? Its easy to predict a nexus would come. My little sister made that same prediction ...

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
See... My Thunderbolt has been the best of all the Android phones I've owned. I know some have had problems but how did it work out for you? Its easy to predict a nexus would come. My little sister made that same prediction ...

Seriously man, stop now. We get your point on your opinion about this. Don't push the issue.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok I wanted permission so here you go

View attachment 42739View attachment 42740View attachment 42741View attachment 42742 Thanks Miami1683 for the pics...you made me eat crow. :p

Your welcome for the pics. There is only two apps built in to the device. Back up assistant and my vzw no other bloatware is there. Also again... we may see this advice sooner than expected by some. As long as its not as buggy it will be well worth the wait

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
24.92 gigs available....hmmm looks like a 32 gig :biggrin:.

Status
Not open for further replies.