The Official DF Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Wel 2morrows the 21st and no news of it coming? I know it said the week of the 21st but stil or unless it comes around black friday

Colima,Mex

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
They changed the picture to 16G because they are going to update it tomorrow to reflect 16g/32g/64g

$249, $299, $399.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am gonna make a wild guess. Midnight exclusive for cybermonday (online orders only). Official release for stores on the 1st of December.

Remember what happened last time you guessed ...

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let me say this very clear only the panda and p3 are closer to this device release than me. I have one of these devices already and p3 has been accurate in his time line from the start. He also has one he uses every day as I do and the rest of the team does. Lets show him a little more than "proper English " would ya. If you knew have of what's going on behind the scenes your head may explode

Also since this thing isn't ready for prime time yet be thankful you haven't bought one yet. December 8th is a possibility if it gets stable enough to get to the us. The passes quality certification. Until then its just a test device .....

Miami

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Let me say this very clear only the panda and p3 are closer to this device release than me. I have one of these devices already and p3 has been accurate in his time line from the start. He also has one he uses every day as I do and the rest of the team does. Lets show him a little more than "proper English " would ya. If you knew have of what's going on behind the scenes your head may explode

Also since this thing isn't ready for prime time yet be thankful you haven't bought one yet. December 8th is a possibility if it gets stable enough to get to the us. The passes quality certification. Until then its just a test device .....

Miami

That's cool Dave.. can you post a pic with DF on the browser so at least the rest of us can get a look :)

Thanks!

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com

Miami

well, i am aware p3droid just sent you a nexus. and p3 even tweeted to me that i was right in my assumption of why source was released when it was. But p3's review shows none of these show stopping bugs, and panda says its finished and all hold ups are caused by verizon. so since we dont know whats going on behind the scenes, these statements and reviews make it more difficult and more frustrating for everyone since what your now saying is they both know whats going on and the device is not ready and faulty but this is not what they have said.
I haven't doubted info from either of these guys and thus why i follow them on twitter. but your statement here makes me think maybe i shouldn't be?

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
well, i am aware p3droid just sent you a nexus. and p3 even tweeted to me that i was right in my assumption of why source was released when it was. But p3's review shows none of these show stopping bugs, and panda says its finished and all hold ups are caused by verizon. so since we dont know whats going on behind the scenes, these statements and reviews make it more difficult and more frustrating for everyone since what your now saying is they both know whats going on and the device is not ready and faulty but this is not what they have said.
I haven't doubted info from either of these guys and thus why i follow them on twitter. but your statement here makes me think maybe i shouldn't be?

There are bugs ... I find lots of them .. since this is my second go around with this device I find it improved but not ready ... ics is cool .. agreed .. but much more updating will be needed to be ready for the public. 2 updates in 72 hours so far and still unstable .... anyone in my area is more than welcome to meet me asnd get some hands on time ... I'll be carrying it as a second device keeping my charge as my daily driver until it gets style enough to last more then 2 hours before it reboot again...

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's cool Dave.. can you post a pic with DF on the browser so at least the rest of us can get a look :)

Thanks!

Get me your email ... I'll send you what I sent a friend earlier .... I have about 6 pictures taken with my xoom

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I sit and read this thread tonight. It shows a lot of what's wrong with df to me.

Miami

Again, it's nothing personal towards p3, it's the ridiculous rumors and how there are literally 748 days this phone could release on. Literally every day this phone has something change on it. I understand completely you guys are just reporting what you hear, and that's cool but it's not like we aren't going to talk about it. It may seem like it's personal towards p3 or whoever the source of the rumor is but it's not like that at all.

Larry Mahnken

Reaction score
Again, it's nothing personal towards p3, it's the ridiculous rumors and how there are literally 748 days this phone could release on. Literally every day this phone has something change on it. I understand completely you guys are just reporting what you hear, and that's cool but it's not like we aren't going to talk about it. It may seem like it's personal towards p3 or whoever the source of the rumor is but it's not like that at all.

[video=youtube;6ly1UTgiBXM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ly1UTgiBXM[/video]

(NSFW language)

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
There are bugs ... I find lots of them .. since this is my second go around with this device I find it improved but not ready ... ics is cool .. agreed .. but much more updating will be needed to be ready for the public. 2 updates in 72 hours so far and still unstable .... anyone in my area is more than welcome to meet me asnd get some hands on time ... I'll be carrying it as a second device keeping my charge as my daily driver until it gets style enough to last more then 2 hours before it reboot again...

well than i find you coming and stating "thats the problem with df" as very poor on your part.
i can copy many posts from panda stating it was ready.
here is a copy of p3's review
Final Thoughts

The Galaxy Nexus hardware is impressive, but not ground breaking. It has the usual bells and whistles that one expects from any high end device and if not for the new and improved firmware (Ice Cream Sandwich) the device may not be garnering as much attention as it is. The new firmware is everything and more of what I expected. It is user friendly, provides for multiple layers of customization, fast, and polished.

Past iterations of Android always felt as if they were good but had a somewhat beta release feel to them. With this release Android finally announces that it has reached the level of polish that denotes a final product. You will want to experience this for yourself and if you skip over the Galaxy Nexus you may end up regretting that decision later.

i am at a loss with the problem at df. if it was told all along that this product is not ready and has tons of bugs and problems i think much talk would be turned toward google/samsung as opposed to verizon.
If the phone is as bad as you say than i think we are all glad not to get it but really your the first i have heard to say this. other than the volume issues apparently going on with some of the uk released phones.

edit: not to doubt what your saying about bugs but it wasnt df that led us to believe the phone was ready. or that have given out so many dates of course people are gonna comment on it. and since your the first i have heard of all these bugs why would we not be questioning all these date changes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.