Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Some how this Galaxy Nexus is still going strong. And I remember that debacle very well. Those threads were the most watched & moderated at that time. Good to see you guys stop back by

Tapped from a Nexus

OP
Trusstopher

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Watching and waiting for something to come of this Nexus 6 launch brought me back - Something about a Nexus that works on Bed Red to bring out the frustration but still bring us together!

Still cruising (limping?) on the G Nex as well. It was running great and treating me well as long as I didn't step it to kit kat (weird 3G issues there) right up until it flopped off my kitchen counter about 3 weeks ago. Landed perfectly screen down and left two cracks along the top corners of the actual LCD - the outter glass was still in perfect condition.... but alas - the screen was dead. Ordered a used GNex on ebay for $45 (screen had burn in but works, looks like it was a floor model somewhere), swapped the screens out and viola, she lives again! I will tell ya, though. That week-ish that I spend looking for a cheap replacement gnex screen I was using the LG Optimus Exceed 2 ($50 off contract from Best Buy) was a really weird experience. Small screen, no front facing camera, 8gb on board memory, no SD card, no 4GLTE, no way to root that I could find, LG UI, but it was also so snappy and had great 3G reception... it was weird just having a phone with nothing to tinker with for a week - kind of liberating, but at the same time - I missed my amazing Nexus goodness.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I use my Gnex as a music player & that's about it. I bought this Dev edition MotoX from Motorola & am probably going to stick with it until I see how the Nexus 6 is on Verizon. I like to tinker with things too much to get anything other than a dev edition phone or a Nexus.

Tapped from a Moto X

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
Yeah, I felt the same way, but now with school, I just don't have the time to be flashing ROMS all the time anymore. :(
Now if there's a possibility of VZ getting the Nex6 I might go with it! ;)

It's funny you say that about the screens. I've never broken a screen on a device, but the night before I got my G3, my Nexus flew out of my hand, and spiderwebed the screen when it hit the ground. =P Good thing I was upgrading.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
GNex seems like so long ago... Haha ..finally got rid of mine this year ..Nex6 coming to Verizon no date yet ...

M8 tap'd