Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
There are bugs ... I find lots of them .. since this is my second go around with this device I find it improved but not ready ... ics is cool .. agreed .. but much more updating will be needed to be ready for the public. 2 updates in 72 hours so far and still unstable .... anyone in my area is more than welcome to meet me asnd get some hands on time ... I'll be carrying it as a second device keeping my charge as my daily driver until it gets style enough to last more then 2 hours before it reboot again...

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Hmm weird, there hasn't been many bugs reported except for that volume bug. What bugs did you find? And you're saying it's unstable? You have one of P3s Nexus' right?
Most reviews have been very good. Specially the one done by Josh from The Verge.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
There are bugs ... I find lots of them .. since this is my second go around with this device I find it improved but not ready ... ics is cool .. agreed .. but much more updating will be needed to be ready for the public. 2 updates in 72 hours so far and still unstable .... anyone in my area is more than welcome to meet me asnd get some hands on time ... I'll be carrying it as a second device keeping my charge as my daily driver until it gets style enough to last more then 2 hours before it reboot again...

I think your post honestly makes p3s credibility even less. He says it has a level of polish that denotes a final product, and you say it has lots of bugs. Just seems like more question marks. i think df has been good at putting out what's already out there...it's the other sites like DL, and p3, who are putting forth all these release dates and "leaks" (which all seem like anyone can make with Microsoft Office) in what honestly seems to be just a way to get twitter followers (kind of like when p3 said if we follow that tom fleming guy on twitter, he'd release more parts of that poem).

P3s review and what you're saying now are at complete odds, so somewhere there's some miscommunication.

goosedeath

Reaction score
Multiple Rumors from Multiple Sources:

OK guys here's the latest information I have culled from several sources over the course of the evening and this morning.
So late last night I decided to see if there was any new info available and went to my local bedroom.
After a thorough investigation and several interrogations, I now have the following breaking news.
My pillow had intercepted a for your eyes only high level internal corporate memo. I can't tell you anymore about how my pillow saw the memo or who leaked it as my pillow has always had a strict policy of not outing any sources. And the pillow has always stood by that, even during an interrogation with good cop bad cop and water boarding 59 times.
I only mention this so you all are aware of the veracity of this rumor. The memo stated that they have decided to pull any marketing and advertising for the Nexus. Apparently between us and the tweeters and the repeaters of the tweeters, we have already caused more than enough buzz for them. Instead they will now be putting that money towards R&D, specifically looking for new, cutting edge ways to make us all freak out next time at an even greater level, resulting in even more buzz on the web. The goal being to eliminate the necessity of any advertising or PR once and for all.
Two discoveries have already been announced, but then unannounced and has been pushed back.
But my pillow saw the announcement before it was pulled.
Apparently the new business paradigm for Verizon will be announcing phone releases on the horizon, leaving out the devices name, specs and release date for the device. And that several phones with this new feature that is not known, will be coming to a store near you, soon. How soon? Quite.

Of course, the problems began to arise upon interrogation of both my blanket and my alarm clock. Both of them were interrogated separately so as to bar them from making sure that their stories were straight and jibed.
Well, Houston we have a problem.
I received the identical story from both, everything was corroborated and now I am forced to take a course of action which I have wanted to avoid. As it seems that the pillow hasn't left the bedroom for several days, which makes it impossible to have received information as I have no bedroom telephone. To double check I called my people at CSI:Detroit, and they did a sweep of the apartment and sure enough, no pillow tracks... Anywhere.

I will not stand for dishonesty or a cheap attempt of a ruse, though unsuccessful, made by my pillow to make me look like a jackass. Tough times call for tough decisions, so after discussion and deep thought I decided I had no choice in the matter. I needed to do what needed to be done.
So this morning in my buildings parking lot, I erected a decent sized pyre. I then snuck up on my pillow from behind and threw a pillowcase over it so that the pillow would put up less of a fight as it would be unable to see the pyre until it would already be too late.
And after a brief reflection on the years of exemplary service before this recent fall from grace, I ignited the pyre and watched my old friend return to that from which he came.
I just called his wife and explained that we had lost pillow while on a covert operation, we all knew that there was a good chance we all might not make it back and we were right.
I asked that she try to take comfort in the fact that pillow had given his life for something bigger than himself, something he believed in, and that his services in the name of my bedroom would never be forgot.
Toughest part of my job, but that's what comes with the territory. Anyone with a bedroom can tell you that.

But if only our story ended there. During everyone mourning, my CPAP machine(for the treatment of sleep apnea) took me off to the side and whispered what I had been yearning for, "Nex week".
And like that he was gone. I looked around and he was by the bar already as if he'd been there all day, CPAP is my best man and my best man for a reason.
So there's the information I have from a trusted source if ever there was one.
I look forward to us all raising our Gs in unison at some point in the next week. And just for the record, CPAP has never passed on a single false piece of intelligence ever. Even back when the KGB thought that they had turned him against us, he wasn't. No attempt at brainwashing CPAP has ever succeeded. And one day when the documents are declassified all will know that CPAP was the main catalyst in bringing down the Berlin Wall.
And more than likely, the only real source for good information on the Gs release.
Also if we all decide to occupy verizon this week, we should try to be unified in message. Might I suggest the following chant so none can misconstrue our collective desire:
FREE THE G
FREE THE G

dwb over and out
walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

Gotta go run a false flag operation with nightstand, over at TMobile...
Wish me luck

Haha, awesome!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Personally I dont know who has what, or who knows what. And to be honest with you guys I really am just at a point that I dont care about the back drop just give me my nexus. Miami you, p3, and panda may or may not know whatever is going on.. who knows. I can not see on the otherside of the screen so I dont know what you have or dont have in your hand. I do know you did tell me back in March when I said I was going to by the tbolt that it would be the worst purchase I ever made and wait for the vzw nexus and that its not a rumor but will happen. At the same time I am like a lot of people and am tired of turning the computer on each day and seeing a different date and story about the nexus that contradicts the stories the previous day. The rumors have gotten out of control and people are riding those highs and lows and its exhausting. So for right now ima put a new rom on my tbolt and hopefully it lasts me until release date.

doublea500

Reaction score
dont encourage bongs his next post could be long enough to crash the site :)
nothing against bongs he's the only person that got an easter egg in sourcery rom just for him to find :)

bong has the power to make multiple release dates in one post and people would believe every date he says.

bong is the chuck norris of droidforums

MrKleen

Reaction score
I sit and read this thread tonight. It shows a lot of what's wrong with df to me.

Let me say this very clear only the panda and p3 are closer to this device release than me. I have one of these devices already and p3 has been accurate in his time line from the start. He also has one he uses every day as I do and the rest of the team does. Lets show him a little more than "proper English " would ya. If you knew have of what's going on behind the scenes your head may explode

Also since this thing isn't ready for prime time yet be thankful you haven't bought one yet. December 8th is a possibility if it gets stable enough to get to the us. The passes quality certification. Until then its just a test device .....

Miami

I remember way back when most information Miami got from his "source" was incorrect due to it being made up.

Remember when the OG was awaiting the 2.1 update and he predicted when it was coming? :) Do you remember the pre update that you had to get before you could get the 2.1 update? :)

Everyone just keep in mind nothing means anything unless you hear it from Verizon. It is east to follow what is going on and fabricate information that could appear correct.

I would love to see a pic with you and your Nexus as a start.

OP
Trusstopher

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Let me say this very clear only the panda and p3 are closer to this device release than me.

This raises two questions for me:

1) One would think with 3 people this close to the release of the device we could get some creditable non-conflicting information about it.

AND/OR

2) I wonder how you get so close to the device release without having to sign an NDA like everyone else. Or maybe the three of you have singed one (answering question one), but then how can you provide us any trustworthy information?

Status
Not open for further replies.