Official Ice Cream Sandwich/Galaxy Nexus Unveiling Thread

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
Despite the couple of disappointments this is still probably going to be my next phone. I was kind of sad to see no SD card slot, a 5mp camera(even though it is awesome) rather than a 8mp. The event was interesting to watch nonetheless. I guess I'll be waiting on the reviews for the Razr, Rezound and G-Nex before I make my final decision. November cannot come quick enough.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Only disappointment I have is I wish it came with an HDMI port or some other way to mirror the screen onto a monitor or TV. Please tell me it has this capability?

Boot Manager

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, what they said in there, the Nexus will use Mobile High Definition Link through the USB port... same as the SGS2

DamirD1984

Reaction score
you know, in a way I was hoping for the exynos SoC, due to the WAY better GPU... from what I have read, and seen on NenaMarks rankings... Samsung's own SoC variant, seems to top the charts, not just by a few numbers, but it doubles, and sometimes triples the SGX540 when compared to the compared to the Mali-400 MP GPU. Now, those were the scores based on qhd res devices, but now with more pixels to render due to 720P res, I just don't know... I was disappointed by the Bionic, and the Razr matches the Galaxy Nexus as far as internal powerhouse, but I do not like the fact, that the battery is not removable... I like my ROMs way to much, and had to pull the battery in the past, to get to use my phone again.

But, for once, I am glad... Samsung is including the LED notification light ;-p

I do realize, benchmarks are not everything, but I do game quite a bit on my phone, and I do care about some of the 3D performance...

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
^ There werent any games that made my OC"d DX stutter so I'm sure you wont have any problems with that.

NewAge

XOOM Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you know, in a way I was hoping for the exynos SoC, due to the WAY better GPU... from what I have read, and seen on NenaMarks rankings... Samsung's own SoC variant, seems to top the charts, not just by a few numbers, but it doubles, and sometimes triples the SGX540 when compared to the compared to the Mali-400 MP GPU. Now, those were the scores based on qhd res devices, but now with more pixels to render due to 720P res, I just don't know... I was disappointed by the Bionic, and the Razr matches the Galaxy Nexus as far as internal powerhouse, but I do not like the fact, that the battery is not removable... I like my ROMs way to much, and had to pull the battery in the past, to get to use my phone again.

But, for once, I am glad... Samsung is including the LED notification light ;-p

I do realize, benchmarks are not everything, but I do game quite a bit on my phone, and I do care about some of the 3D performance...

The Xoom has no removeable battery but with HC a soft reboot was added to the hard keys. Power + volume up will reboot the device and holdong volume down 3 seconds after red M shows up will enter recovery.

Unfortunately there are only a couple ROMs and themes since no source code. I have had zero problems getting into recovery after catastrophic failure. And all the latest versions of CWM have the option to install zip from internal store making the need for an SD card unecessary. I would get adb setup and familiar with it if you are looking to unlock the bootloader and load custom Roms.

rybnik

Reaction score
Here is my question, as mentioned by BMX, ICS itself is the real game changer, not the GN. I think one of the reasons this is thought is because of its app disabling feature. My worry is that this aspect could be blocked by carriers, (especially Verizon) if it can't then the inevitable ICS update for the newly
Announced Razr could make it more compelling than the GN itself....thoughts?
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk