Official Ice Cream Sandwich/Galaxy Nexus Unveiling Thread

ConqSoft

Reaction score
The "official" HD version is available now also: [video=youtube;Ts5WBm0tXzI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts5WBm0tXzI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

OP
sbenson

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would just like to say that last night was awesome. I've never been a part of something like that - our commentary here was priceless. At the end of the presentation, I was simply blown away and completely overwhelmed by everything that was thrown at us. I couldn't even discuss it, my head was buzzing.

After a good night's sleep, I've had a chance to soak things up a bit more and analyze a bit in my head and...I'm still completely blown away. Last night was nothing short of satisfying. Awesome device and incredible os. Now the real painful waiting begins. Where is Marty McFly when you need him?

Anyway, some thoughts on the device itself:
  • awesome overall design - quite possibly the best looking phone I've ever seen
  • build quality "looks" good overall
  • love the textured back
  • centered camera is questionable, but I will learn to love it
  • removable batter is CONFIRMED
  • no sd card is CONFIRMED, instead the device will ship in either 16gb/32gb versions, I'm ok with this
  • screen looks goregeous, can't wait to see it in person
  • love the size - big, but not huge
  • love the look w/o capacitive buttons
  • response and snappiness....WOW WOW WOW, need I say more?
  • never seen a phone so smooth in everything it does
Some thoughts on ICS:
  • looks awesome and goregeous
  • so so so snappy
  • Beam...are you kidding me? Freaking awesome!
  • love the new browser
  • love resizable widgets
  • love customizable dock
  • love how fast the camera is
  • love the new font
  • jury is still out on the facial recognition - sucks the demo failed, I'm optimistic though, could be more of a gimmick than anything else
  • love instant speech
  • I could go on, honestly, there wasn't a single thing they show of ICS that I didn't absolutely fall in love with
So impressed, can't wait to have this device in hand. Pre-order for sure. I will own this device DAY ONE.

Some questions left unanswered:
  • Hey Verizon, give us 100% confirmation
  • release date?
  • Lte version will be slightly different, how much different?
  • Is the bottom bezel touch sensitive?
  • Detailed specs please? CPU? GPU? etc etc etc....

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah I don't think they would want their flagship device banned in 100 countries. I love the look of it, can't wait to see it in person. I hope some website has a contest on this so I can try to win one!

jcardona1

Reaction score
instead the device will ship in either 16gb/32gb versions, I'm ok with this

Does that mean we'll be seeing some expensive prices? $299 on contract for the 16gb version, and $399 for the 32gb version? I just don't see Big Red pricing a 4G phone at anything less than $299 these days...

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does that mean we'll be seeing some expensive prices? $299 on contract for the 16gb version, and $399 for the 32gb version? I just don't see Big Red pricing a 4G phone at anything less than $299 these days...

Posted this over in DanDroid's price thread, but it's a good read about this topic:

The danger in Verizon's new $299 phones

I agree we won't see 4G/1gig RAM phones for under $299 anytime soon unless the pricing structure fails and VZW isn't moving units.

OP
sbenson

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can someone please explain the GPU? Some are saying that if this has the 4460 processor, then it's going to have a 3 year old GPU? Is this for sure? Not a big deal to me, I'm just wondering.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't remember seeing anything about whether or not this phone is locked up tight or not? I'm assuming either it's not, or we haven't heard, since I haven't heard a huge uproar... ;)

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Can someone please explain the GPU? Some are saying that if this has the 4460 processor, then it's going to have a 3 year old GPU? Is this for sure? Not a big deal to me, I'm just wondering.

I have no particular details as why, just going with the old saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" ..