Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Didn't even know this thread existed 'til now. :blink:

Str8Aro

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Just popped up to the surface for air :crazy: I didn't post a lot on the original post - still a noob here but thoroughly enjoyed it! I got a GN on launch day and am loving it. I haven't had probs with mine like some have reported. We don't have 4G in my city yet but it is in the next big city. Rumor is 2012 for us. My 3G and call experience has been as good and in some places better than my OG.

SBenson - a Coug! Pretty far from there aren't you?

OP
Trusstopher

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone around here has heard anything with respect to the compatibility of the GSM car dock and our LTE version of the device??

I'm so close to pulling the trigger on this: https://www.clove.co.uk/official-vehicle-dock-samsung-galaxy-nexus-ecs-k1f2begstd

But I just have no idea if a) it will fit our device and b) if I can return it if it doesn't fit. I e-mailed the site asking so much but I doubt if I will hear anything until tomorrow if not Tuesday.

On anther note.... I don't even know where to start when I step into the ROM section. I think the hardest part about picking a ROM to start off with is how much I love my device stock hahaha.

Str8Aro

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Hearing from them would be a good indication of their CS. Their site says first stock expected mid-January, so a statement from the "horses mouth" would be welcomed. I hope other vendors get on the stick with accessories for more options.

Happy GN New Year! DancingNexus

OP
Trusstopher

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hearing from them would be a good indication of their CS. Their site says first stock expected mid-January, so a statement from the "horses mouth" would be welcomed. I hope other vendors get on the stick with accessories for more options.

Happy GN New Year! DancingNexus

Heard back from Clove Technology today. Very impressed that they responded so quickly (considering that it is the first no-holiday since I sent them my question). Their Digital Media Coordinator (Webmaster?) responded with this:

Thanks for your email. It sounds as if the dock should be fine, but if there is a problem we would allow you to return it for a refund provided that it is returned promptly and in the same condition as to when it was sent out.

If you could let me know whether or not it is compatible that would be much appreciated as I can then put a piece up on our blog about it.

Only issue now is that the thing has to be released to be sold.

I could have sworn that it was up for sale and ready to go on the 1st, but I now see that they have the same "First stock expected mid-January" as all the other retailers.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
That's a pretty good response from a company. Especially the part about wanting your feedback to add to their info.

OP
Trusstopher

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's a pretty good response from a company. Especially the part about wanting your feedback to add to their info.

Pretty much what I was thinking... If inventory starts rolling in and we don't see any signs of the 3-pin version stateside, I will definitely be ordering it from them. Especially because it looks like the Amazon.co.uk site will not deliver to the US.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Truss, as far as roms go, I strongly suggest GummyNex: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/gu...osp-4-0-3-cdma-gummynex-0-3-8-01-01-12-a.html

I've run several different roms over the past couple weeks and this is the strongest all around rom. Very similar to stock with good speed enhancements. Comes with the Trebuchet launcher, Google Wallet and Car Home. Zero bugs. Rock solid for me so far and the best battery life by far with the included lean kernel.

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
Wow... The gang reunites! For some reason DF sends me random emails about posts from threads once in a while, but I'm sure glad they sent me this one! :p

Boy, reading back through this post sure brings back memories (and I realized I've grown up a lot since some of my posts). ;) Believe it or not, I still had my Gnex till I upgraded to the LG G3 a couple months ago.

What's everyone been up to? :D