★☆★ The Official "I got my Galaxy Nexus" Thread ★☆★

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
I officially have a Gnex now :) sold my Thunderbolt night before last, which made way for me taking an upgrade from another line. And man o man I've been missing out lol. Rooted within 2 hours of getting it, charged it up and rom'd last night. I'm not new to ICS because of the Xoom, but on a phone I am. I love this thing!

GNex'd using Tapatalk 2

rayhodge02

Reaction score
I officially have a Gnex now :) sold my Thunderbolt night before last, which made way for me taking an upgrade from another line. And man o man I've been missing out lol. Rooted within 2 hours of getting it, charged it up and rom'd last night. I'm not new to ICS because of the Xoom, but on a phone I am. I love this thing!

GNex'd using Tapatalk 2

Welcome Bazar :D

Tapped on Ray's xoom

khegarty

Reaction score
Day 1 of Gnex

Hey guys,

So I upgraded from my DX to the Gnex yesterday. I love the phone, but unfortunately it has the horrendous service issues. I can't make two calls in a row without it losing service and not placing a call, and I can't run any program using data for more than 2 minutes without data completely shutting off. I'm going in to get a new one right after work, so hopefully I get a good one.

If however it has the same signal issues, can this be fixed by rooting it? My roommate has the same phone and has it rooted and running one of the kang roms and has never complained about signal issues. I am comfortable rooting it if I get another dud but just was wondering if it is possible to fix the issues through rooting it and running another rom.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+

GNex'd using Tapatalk 2

I know I said it on GNF but Congrats Bazar!! Best of luck with it :biggrin:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Hey guys,

So I upgraded from my DX to the Gnex yesterday. I love the phone, but unfortunately it has the horrendous service issues. I can't make two calls in a row without it losing service and not placing a call, and I can't run any program using data for more than 2 minutes without data completely shutting off. I'm going in to get a new one right after work, so hopefully I get a good one.

If however it has the same signal issues, can this be fixed by rooting it? My roommate has the same phone and has it rooted and running one of the kang roms and has never complained about signal issues. I am comfortable rooting it if I get another dud but just was wondering if it is possible to fix the issues through rooting it and running another rom.

Thanks

Sorry to hear you were having issues and I hope the new one if better. As far as fixing it by rooting, we (DF Staff) recommend that no one roots to fix issues, going through the proper channels like you are is ideal. As far as what people have said, there are mixed reviews on whether or not rooting and flashing things like the new radios helps. On the up side it looks like 4.0.4 is on it's way out to phones now so hopefully that can help out.

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
I officially got my Gnex on monday. I bricked my r2d2(im sure i can unbrick it) and i'm not due for an upgrade until september so i decided to bite the bullet and get the gnex at full retail(man i am sure glad best buy's credit card has given me the option to finance it haha). Man this phone is soooooooo awesome!!!! I love how effin fantastic the screen looks. It runs very smooth, it feels great in my hands. I absolutely love how i unlocked the bootloader(coming from a droid 2 this was something that i've been waiting to do for a long time).

I was a physical keyboard lover and i vowed to never buy another phone without it. I got my mom a gnex from the google play store and i messed with it a bit and the on-screen keys actually felt great which was awesome.

At first i was just going to use this phone as a temporary phone while i found a way to unbrick my droid 2 but i decided to keep it, i can't get away from the nexus!

Quick quesiton. On a bunch of the gnex ads from the google play store, they show the phone having a simple black background and a colored X from the galaxy nexus logo. Is there any place where i could get this wallpaper?

goosedeath

Reaction score
khegarty said:
Hey guys,

Thanks

Rooting will most likely not help fix your signal issues. Changing the radios might help the slightest bit, but I'm not holding my breath.
Most likely your signal issues are physical having to do w/ the phone, vzw's network or both.
Try putting your shiny new phone in 3g only if you want to retain any kind of a signal.
G'nex's seem to be a crap shoot when it comes to signal quality. Mine is ok almost everywhere outside of my home area. 4g drops all the time, mostly when I'm using it when I'm at home. Guess I should get a landline....

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I officially got my Gnex on monday. I bricked my r2d2(im sure i can unbrick it) and i'm not due for an upgrade until september so i decided to bite the bullet and get the gnex at full retail(man i am sure glad best buy's credit card has given me the option to finance it haha). Man this phone is soooooooo awesome!!!! I love how effin fantastic the screen looks. It runs very smooth, it feels great in my hands. I absolutely love how i unlocked the bootloader(coming from a droid 2 this was something that i've been waiting to do for a long time).

I was a physical keyboard lover and i vowed to never buy another phone without it. I got my mom a gnex from the google play store and i messed with it a bit and the on-screen keys actually felt great which was awesome.

At first i was just going to use this phone as a temporary phone while i found a way to unbrick my droid 2 but i decided to keep it, i can't get away from the nexus!

Quick quesiton. On a bunch of the gnex ads from the google play store, they show the phone having a simple black background and a colored X from the galaxy nexus logo. Is there any place where i could get this wallpaper?

For that wallpaper, download the app Zedge and do a search for Nexus. They have all kinds of'm!

Johnnyb

Reaction score
I changed my radios and both service and battery life increased.

I was not happy with the GNex out if the box but after getting a better kernel, radios and ROM on it things are much better.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

wood8162000

Reaction score
Just picked one up for my wife she's still on the fence about it to many new things from her old simple phone

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Just picked one up for my wife she's still on the fence about it to many new things from her old simple phone

Congrats on the Nexus!! Give it time, once she starts to get used to it she will love it. And if you ever have any questions, fire away and we will see what we can do!

T

trxdraxon

Second day with my Nexus, love it so far. Quite the upgrade from my first gen droid. Still getting used to not having a keyboard, but the screen on this thing is so big typing is pretty easy.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Second day with my Nexus, love it so far. Quite the upgrade from my first gen droid. Still getting used to not having a keyboard, but the screen on this thing is so big typing is pretty easy.

Nice! The jump from the OG Droid to the Nexus has to be epic!