The Official DF Droid 4 Pre-Release Thread

hellmonkey

Reaction score
How have they 'lost all credibility?' They're just reporting news/rumors that they hear. It's not their fault Verizon pushed things back and never gave an official release date until the last minute. I guess to make them 'credible' in your eyes...should they just not say anything about a release date, wait until the phone is available in store or on the website and go 'oh...by the way...this phone is now here?!'

I think the problem, at least with the announcement of the 9th, is they done cite any sources or say its a rumor. They report it as fact, but dont say where they get their facts from. I read that article and didnt see anything to give any proof.

blackmagick20

Reaction score
I think the problem, at least with the announcement of the 9th, is they done cite any sources or say its a rumor. They report it as fact, but dont say where they get their facts from. I read that article and didnt see anything to give any proof.

They did seem to just throw that up there without any backup, whatsoever. I even believe a few people asked in the comment section what his sources were.

r314bd

Reaction score
How have they 'lost all credibility?' They're just reporting news/rumors that they hear.
This is the problem. What they've been hearing has been consistently wrong, so - in my opinion - they should be more vigilant in determining the veracity of the information in their sources.

I have no problem with them reporting on rumors. All I'm saying is that based on the recent history, I won't trust the information to be accurate.

TC_Mits

Reaction score
I'll believe it when I see it at this point...and with a pentile screen and no ICS, $199 is comical.

I'm sure others saw the RAZR on TV this weekend @ $199. Still pushin' it. That's the real reason we're still waiting.

Hmm, wonder if HTC is booked on the SB?

Perspective instantiates reality.
( By DX w/DF app. )

TC_Mits

Reaction score
How have they 'lost all credibility?' They're just reporting news/rumors that they hear. It's not their fault Verizon pushed things back and never gave an official release date until the last minute...

There's an old story -- a fable, really -- about this sort of problem. It seems there was a young shepherd boy who wanted people to pay more attention to him, so he pretended there was a wolf after the sheep, "WOLF!!". People ran to help. He liked this, so later he did it again...
I think you can guess how it ends.

( By DX w/DF app. )

debdroid1a

Reaction score
I'm sure others saw the RAZR on TV this weekend @ $199. Still pushin' it. That's the real reason we're still waiting.

( By DX w/DF app. )

The D4 doesn't replace the Razr. The D4 replaces the D3. Which is $49 on VerizonWireless and free elsewhere...

TC_Mits

Reaction score
The D4 doesn't replace the Razr. The D4 replaces the D3. Which is $49 on VerizonWireless and free elsewhere...

My point was RAZR price drop, same as D4 now. D3 is outta here.

Seems they just can't clear that RAZR inventory. This is dated now, but it forms the backdrop for my comments:

http://www.google.com/m/url?client=...twIwAA&usg=AFQjCNFPNM1KawAsL1MPtocQXN7S5OMstw

http://www.google.com/m/url?client=...twIwAQ&usg=AFQjCNGCzLCN4No2hF8mCrrtYuSIuW-l1Q

( By DX w/DF app. )

fingaz

Reaction score
So... Just throwing it out there, but since they keep delaying the D4... do you think it will come out with ICS pre-installed on it? I would hope that's what they are keepig us waiting for.

silverfang77

Reaction score
With as long as they've been delaying it, it should be released with ICS.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score

Seems they just can't clear that RAZR inventory. This is dated now, but it forms the backdrop for my comments:

http://www.google.com/m/url?client=...twIwAA&usg=AFQjCNFPNM1KawAsL1MPtocQXN7S5OMstw

http://www.google.com/m/url?client=...twIwAQ&usg=AFQjCNGCzLCN4No2hF8mCrrtYuSIuW-l1Q

( By DX w/DF app. )

I have always liked the humor in these vids. However when the comment is added about the Rezound being better, I lose interest. The my phones better saga still remains but I take no part or interest in it. Its simply an immature ego comment that really could've been left out. My point is always on this subject that the better phone is the phone that fits and suits the needs of the consumer. However I'm not saying the video intent was positively in this subject but it didn't need that line. Unless I'm wrong and the intent was to focus the subject that Verizon is telling us which is better. Which I highly doubt....Just my thoughts on this video once more as I've seen it throughout the threads.

:cool:

You've been tapped by the Drummer...

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
So... Just throwing it out there, but since they keep delaying the D4... do you think it will come out with ICS pre-installed on it? I would hope that's what they are keepig us waiting for.

Its doubtful but I wouldn't be so sure it won't. I know... what kind of answer is this? Lol

:cool:

You've been tapped by the Drummer...

debdroid1a

Reaction score

( By DX w/DF app. )

VZW Boardroom - YouTube

VZW Boardroom #2 - YouTube

( By DX w/DF app. )

So is your thought people would prefer the D4 over the Razr?
Because I don't think Verizon cares which phone they sell as long as they sell anything. And Moto should be the same, especially since they lost money last year. Plus the two are priced the same, and pretty much the same.
So I still don't understand your reasoning as to that they're waiting to release the D4 until they sell more Razrs...

tdpolo26

Reaction score
What other phones have Verizon released on a FRIDAY?
Maybe the "launch" is Feb 10 but the release date to the plubic won't be until the 16th.:p

hey Deb i couldnt find any that released on a friday. Although there are a few posts on other forums which i can not take credit for. someone figured it had to do with starwars 3d being released that day . Droid phone and starwars on one day sounds like a great advertising idea to me. who knows maybe they will put a movie on our phones (i doubt it). I am guessing there is going to be some kind of commercial for superbowl. i would love to see a droid 4 square off against the darkside.... or better yet against a iphone and gut it like a pig. When its finished giving the iphone a azz pummeling it puts a bandaid on it (that falls off and the iphone falls apart) and says apparently there isnt a app to help that.
Hmm or maybe a commericial where the droid 4 as a jedi, and an iphone as the darkside which turns on and starts running android, in the end stating the droid 4 found the good in it. lol.