Droid 4 Code Name "Masarati"

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
masarati.jpg
Rarely do we get the chance to put a sick car up as the focus of an article, but in this case it's the code name for the next Motorola android device. The code name for Droid 4 was mentioned by a Howard Forum member, who said it is code named Maserati and gave us a few specs. The Maserati, and I mean the phone, is rumored to have a 4 inch display, the same slide-out keyboard, and LTE support. The D-pad is supposedly removed, but judging from the code name, it might be redesigned.

How's that sound folks? What's more appealing to you, the idea of a new Droid or the code name?

Via: Droid-life

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
My ideal next phone would have a 4 inch screen (4.3 is a bit much), LTE, Slide out keyboard, ICS and would be light.. Droid 4 sounds like it would be it. If it would be out for the holidays i might painfully wait with the OG... unless Verizon would surprise would a true nexus device running ICS..

NeoPhoenixTE

Reaction score
Being your typical social outcast type of nerd, I find the thought of a Droid 4 more exciting than having it named for some silly car. ;)

(Keyboard! Woo! DIBS!)

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Ok so the D4 will look great but be a bit under powered. It will also sound like a Ferrari!

djembeman

Reaction score
i want

I hope this is the Droid I've been looking for. I never felt that the Droid 2 was a big enough upgrade and the Droid 3 doesn't have 4G. This looks promising!!!! I ended up getting an LG Revolution about 5 months ago but will be eligible for an upgrade in April on a different line. I'd hope this or something better will out by then.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
My ideal next phone would have a 4 inch screen (4.3 is a bit much), LTE, Slide out keyboard, ICS and would be light.. Droid 4 sounds like it would be it. If it would be out for the holidays i might painfully wait with the OG... unless Verizon would surprise would a true nexus device running ICS..

I doubt it will come out this soon...maybe early next year around Spring.

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I still don't understand why someone just doesn't come out with a bluetooth keyboard that fits into a variety of clamshells for different phones. The IPad has a few such things.

I mean, you'd make bank on something like that. I don't even use my keyboard all that much and I'd probably buy one. Seems like such a simple concept.

matt192004

Reaction score
Well what exactly are the rumored power specificatins? I couldnt find anything about them. plus a line in the article that says it will have a removeable battery well... i have NEVER seen a phone of any kind that DIDNT have a removeable battery. could this all be a rumor? i dont know i love the idea of a 4g phone with a physical keyboard but due to lack of any processer speeds and the line about the battery it makes me wonder what does everyone else think?

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
Ever hear of iPhone? Does not support user removable battery. Also, speculation of some near future android phones with the same ridiculous feature.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

matt192004

Reaction score
Yes i have heard of the iphone but never really looked at them that good because when verizon got the iphone 4 i knew the i phone 5 was coming out but one thing i didnt know til you told me was it had a non removeable battery and i agree with you it is a ridiculous featuer and one i hope android doesnt go with because they would lose money going that way because they couldnt make extended batteries for the phones but what does everyone think of the droid 4 article?

silverfang77

Reaction score
All I can say is: about time. Hopefully, my D2 will last till July '12. Then I can get one of those.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tappatalk

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Droid 4 huh? I'm not holding my breath. Unfortunately my next phone will not have a keyboard. I need a large 4.3 + screen, and dual core 4G happiness please.

rwking

Reaction score
TBH, I can't even THINK about a new Moto Droid yet. I just got my Bionic 2 weeks ago and I'm so infatuated with it and with the fact that I have the newest, best phone out. It's a little depressing to think about new phones coming out and besting me so soon. lol :p

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
TBH, I can't even THINK about a new Moto Droid yet. I just got my Bionic 2 weeks ago and I'm so infatuated with it and with the fact that I have the newest, best phone out. It's a little depressing to think about new phones coming out and besting me so soon. lol :p

Is the nature of the Android phone world right now...and it didnt help that the Bionic came out in Sept instead 3-7 months ago. It is what it is...lol. I know one thing...what ever new phone I get I have to train myself to stop looking for the next best thing until I've had my phone for at least a year.