Welcome to the Droid 4 Forum!

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the newest section of Droid Forums dedicated to the upcoming Motorola Droid 4! Droid-Life leaked the first pictures of the Droid 4 almost a month ago and rumors are starting to spread the D4 could be here sooner then later.

droid4-1.jpg

Rumored Specs include:
  • 4″ screen (assuming Super AMOLED Advanced)
  • Full 5-row “illuminated” keyboard
  • RAZR styling
  • 4G LTE
  • Non-removable battery
  • Android 2.3.5
  • 1080p video recording (assuming 8MP)
  • Front camera
  • HDMI out
  • MotoACTV syncing

Anyone going to pass on the RAZR, Rezound and Galaxy Nexus for this Droid?

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Physical keyboard lovers dream. :D

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Always cool to see another addition to DF. Get excited peeps!!

Sent From a Tear in the Space/Time Continuum...

sjflowerhorn

Reaction score
As well as a locked bootloader I'm sure. Probably a great phone either way.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

joshhh

Reaction score
The keyboard doesn't attract me at all. Seems like a downgrade if you ask me.

Sent from my DROID3

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I going to put this out there now but April would be a likely month for the release of the Droid 4. Just a guess but based on previous release trends it would seem very probable.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

kurumatt

Reaction score
This should have been the droid 3... I got a bionic because its the first decent lte device. Too bad the battery is not removable on this phone. Kind of stupid to start making phones like this imo.

mikedomo

Reaction score
I dont like this Droid 4 because havent removable battery.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

mikedyk43

Reaction score
I think it is too early to tell. If by the time this phone is released they have figured out a way to keep a 4G phone going all day one a single charge, this will surely be a fantastic device. If they are still having issues with this topic, the non-removable battery will probably be a deal breaker for more than just a few potential buyers.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

jmark

Reaction score
I hate the idea of an internal battery i cannot (easily) get to. period. That being said i refuse to wait any longer and my OG is clinging to life. This phone meets all the requirements ive been waiting for, the battery issue is easily overlooked when you consider everything they finally put into one phone.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I hate the idea of an internal battery i cannot (easily) get to. period. That being said i refuse to wait any longer and my OG is clinging to life. This phone meets all the requirements ive been waiting for, the battery issue is easily overlooked when you consider everything they finally put into one phone.

Only problem is....when does it come out? Your OG will fight til it's on it's last leg lol

TC_Mits

Reaction score
I'm finding the hardwired battery a real serious hang-up. And I've been waiting over 3 years - since my orig "V" LG9800 died - for a phone like this. The D3 was perfect, everything I'd been hoping for, except for 4G LTE. Now the D4 comes along like 6 mos. sooner than I expected it and I'm happy, thrilled. Then I find it's got this wierd flat sheet simulated keyboard, and I'm thinking, 'That's ok, maybe it'll work fine, just like a real one...' Now, I learn that you can't jerk the battery if it hangs up or goes bonkers like every cell phone I ever owned has done sometime. One thing I know; if the software screws up, I don't want to be left with nothing but a software reset to fix it! Or a power button that can have a software override either...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

diab0lik

Reaction score
I'm finding the hardwired battery a real serious hang-up. And I've been waiting over 3 years - since my orig "V" LG9800 died - for a phone like this. The D3 was perfect, everything I'd been hoping for, except for 4G LTE. Now the D4 comes along like 6 mos. sooner than I expected it and I'm happy, thrilled. Then I find it's got this wierd flat sheet simulated keyboard, and I'm thinking, 'That's ok, maybe it'll work fine, just like a real one...' Now, I learn that you can't jerk the battery if it hangs up or goes bonkers like every cell phone I ever owned has done sometime. One thing I know; if the software screws up, I don't want to be left with nothing but a software reset to fix it! Or a power button that can have a software override either...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

I think this is the reason most people have hangups about a non-removable battery....but what I think ppl don't realize is that manufacturers know this, and so the hardware works differently, and holding down the power button for 5 seconds or w/e has basically the same effect as pulling the battery.

I'm a little bent out of shape about the batttery myself, as it would at least be nice to know that I could get an extended/second battery if need be. I am resigned tto "deal" at this point bc I passed on the d3 since 4g is rather widely available in my area, and I couldn't see getting a new phone w/o it.

So I diligently check for a release date every day....hopefully big red won't make us wait too much longer.

JCDenton771

Reaction score
Hey guys new to the site! I really want this phone to come out. My Ally is dying and I would like to have a keyboard phone still. Any thoughts?