Droid 4 Leaks: Specs and Comparisons to Droid RAZR and Droid 3; Also VZW Training

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid4-official-pics.jpg

Our friends over at Droid-Life got hold of some juicy info on the Motorola Droid 4. First, they are sticking to their guns that it might be released on December 8th at the same time as the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Also, we now have some specs for the device, and several folks are saying it is what the Droid 3 should have been. In fact, we also have a comparison pic that includes the Droid 3, the Droid 4 and the Droid RAZR. Furthermore, Verizon training for the new device has supposedly already begun. Here are the specs, followed by a link to several useful pics, including the comparison to other phones:
  • 4″ screen (LCD or AMOLED unknown at this time)
  • 1.2GHz dual-core processor
  • 1GB of RAM, DROID RAZR styling
  • 5-row slideout side-lit keyboard
  • 4G LTE
  • Front camera for video chatting
  • 8MP rear camera
Here is a link to several more pics: Droid 4 Pics

Source: Droid-Life

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
NO MOTO NO!

Stop making all your devices look like each other! This phone is essentially a Razr with a keyboard. Almost in the same way the Bionic was a Droid 3 with no keyboard. The D4 looks identical to the RAZR. Don't they remember the Razr? They made all their phones look like it and look where that got them.

I know that moto isn't alone in this, but you'd think that after the razr burn they'd try harder.

Last edited:

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm sold put it out!

Tapped on the edge of a RAZR...
PEACE! ALL!!-------->>>D2D™

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
If only my D3 was an LTE device.

*sigh*
We need a support group. I feel like a piece of dirt. :(

At least tell me it's not a world phone.

-Matt

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lol we all need a meeting! I have to say. The only thing that would make my razr any better would be the keyboard! Shix! Lol can't win in the digital age I guess. At some point we all have to settle! Or do as i have and spend too dang much on phones...lol Thousands..lol but I sell too and my little business is enough to feed my obsession ...lol I need to stop so my profits will be going to essentials lol...peace!

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Maybe a dozen times I've counseled others that being an Android phone-lover is a dangerous job. But I have to say those words go down a thousand times harder when it's your throat and not the other guy who has to swallow them. This sucks.

Excuse me while I go find a room to scream.... :mad::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_ devil::icon_evil::mad::mad:

EDIT: OK, let me grasp at a straw...I got the Radio Shack $100 deal. Dear lord of Android, let the D4 come out at $299 and NEVER see the light of a 1-penny Amazon sale. Can I get an amen?...

-Matt

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Amen! And a nice lol..:)

Maverick0984

Reaction score
I too am disappointed that my D3 is being so quickly replaced. At least we know that the D4 looks ugly as sin, that's my only saving grace right now.

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
Sorry to jack with your saving grace but I think the Droid 4 looks amazing. I love it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Droid 4 looks sick! Too bad the screen wasn't atleast 4.3 inches. Does anyone know if the touch buttons are white like they are on my D1, or are they "invisible" unless activated?

Maverick0984

Reaction score
Sorry to jack with your saving grace but I think the Droid 4 looks amazing. I love it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

To each his own I guess.

I guess D3->D4 is a longer upgrade cycle then the Bionic->Razr was. That'll be my new saving grace.

Big Ry

Reaction score
I think D2 owners got it worse than the D3 owners will if this rumor pans out. If the D2G wasn't the ultimate kick in the jewels, I don't know what is lol :p

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Sweettooth

Reaction score
After having the OG since launch I feel about slide out keyboards as I do capacitive buttons...OBSOLETE. Just as the world will one day be devoid of books, we will also see the extinction of hard keyboards. Don't get me wrong, I love the older keyboards that had big, loud buttons (the satisfaction of audible confirmation :happy3: ) however if you don't keep an open and ever-evolving mind when it comes to technology, you're lost in the dust of changing times. Nexus for me for the time being!