The Official DF Droid 4 Pre-Release Thread

r314bd

Reaction score
. This phone isn't happening tomorrow. Damn you, VZW/Droid Life.

Last edited by a moderator:

kjcword

Reaction score
Any word on durability? My favorite quality about the og is its tuffness. Now, release my D4!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

tdpolo26

Reaction score
Now is a perfect time to drop the D4. We all know quad cores are coming and some say possibly sometime in Q1 2012. Droid-Life reports receiving a "Tip" that a quad core Motorola "Jet" phone complete with slider and a 12MP camera may be one of the first to be introduced. Holding off on the D4 until a 2-2012 release could interfere with that release.
Myself, I have decided to wait until after the January shows before jumping on any new purchase, although if I get my paws on a D4 for testing, I may rethink those thoughts. I'm sure a D4 would prove a strong upgrade to my OD.

yeah i agree with this, i highly doubt they will wait 5 or 6 weeks to release the tech and it is already outdated at this point (they are outdone the day they are created) so to delay it even further especially if quad core is around the corner would be a poor decision, the other thing is these phones have already been manufactured i am guessing if the release is any time soon. so if they are global then they are global.... i doubt the release is held up over moto arguing about global... and they are certainly not going to remanufacture these to make them global.... if they have global capabilities it is something that can be unlocked later they wouldnt hold a release over that (im guessing).

I really hope that we hear anything soon. big red is so bad with things lately, i mean cant we just have a spot of info, even admit the existence of it, at least they admitted the existence of the nexus a bit ahead and stated some day it was comming. I am kinda agreeing with the rest of you about them pushing the razor like crazy. i think they thought that its predecessor would sell it out and that just didnt happen. i think it will be a silent release that may start in verizon and just stay there. they might not even get it at other stores. my bro works for bestbuy and they dont have anything in there systems about the droid 4 but he is new and may not know where to look. plus after the nexus debacle i am guessing it wont even show in the inner system till it is dropped. so we will play the wait and see game.

Last edited:

JCDenton771

Reaction score
yeah i agree with this, i highly doubt they will wait 5 or 6 weeks to release the tech and it is already outdated at this point (they are outdone the day they are created) so to delay it even further especially if quad core is around the corner would be a poor decision, the other thing is these phones have already been manufactured i am guessing if the release is any time soon. so if they are global then they are global.... i doubt the release is held up over moto arguing about global... and they are certainly not going to remanufacture these to make them global.... if they have global capabilities it is something that can be unlocked later they wouldnt hold a release over that (im guessing).

I really hope that we hear anything soon. big red is so bad with things lately, i mean cant we just have a spot of info, even admit the existence of it, at least they admitted the existence of the nexus a bit ahead and stated some day it was comming. I am kinda agreeing with the rest of you about them pushing the razor like crazy. i think they thought that its predecessor would sell it out and that just didnt happen. i think it will be a silent release that may start in verizon and just stay there. they might not even get it at other stores. my bro works for bestbuy and they dont have anything in there systems about the droid 4 but he is new and may not know where to look. plus after the nexus debacle i am guessing it wont even show in the inner system till it is dropped. so we will play the wait and see game.
I agree with you that it will probably be a silent launch. Verizon might be trying to do away with keyboards so even though the Droid 4 is comparable to the RAZR and Nexus they will keep those as the "face of the franchise" you might say. I still think it will launch tomorrow because I don't know what could be delaying it; Trustopher's 'source' said the device was not buggy at all and was very smooth. (His source also didn't seem like the brightest fellow, but that's a different issue. I plan on going to a Verizon store tomorrow to check it out.

just curious do you have any links on it not happening or is it a personal opinion

I think it's just his opinion since there has not been an official press release.

JCDenton771

Reaction score
Also if you go to the droiddoes mobile webpage, the droid 3 has 4G LTE logos by it indicating that a release of the droid 4 is imminent.

mack19318

Reaction score
Just noticed your personal icon! Awesome!!

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I doubt its releasing tomorrow either. Even with the nexus we heard about the release a day before. With back to back lte outages I am betting tomorrow ill be used to play catch up so I expect if we see it this year it may be the 28th or 29th. But I am betting that we will not see this until mid January. But that is just my guess.

r314bd

Reaction score
Hard to trust droid-life these days with anything non-Nexus related....
I agree, especially since they were the ones who first leaked the 12/22 date in the first place.

Still, there's been no press release from either VZW or Motorola, no one has heard anything from stores, and Trusstopher's source thought a week ago that 12/22 probably wasn't going to happen. There is nothing indicating that tomorrow will happen. Someone would have heard something by now.

JCDenton771

Reaction score
I agree, especially since they were the ones who first leaked the 12/22 date in the first place.

Still, there's been no press release from either VZW or Motorola, no one has heard anything from stores, and Trusstopher's source thought a week ago that 12/22 probably wasn't going to happen. There is nothing indicating that tomorrow will happen. Someone would have heard something by now.

Although on the contrary, they have no evidence of a delay, just talk. At least they have multiple sources confirming the Dec. 8th release and then the 22nd release date. At this point though, who knows? Maybe Verizon is just trying to piss off as many people as possible or get as close as they can to horrible service to see if people will actually leave them for another network (Jokes I know....).

demarco5

Reaction score
i take it if we cant order online at midnight then tomorrow has no chance

AranelAlasse

Reaction score
Does Verizon ever release phones with no prior notice? (i.e. Am I silly to keep hoping?) (And if they do release phones with no notice, do they ever release high-end phones with no notice?)

If this doesn't come out till Feb, then I'll maybe get a GNex... or I'll finally attempt to root my OG Droid and see if I can give it new life... (any quick advice for an OG Droid rooting newbie? A favorite how-to link, maybe?)