The Official DF Droid 4 Pre-Release Thread

JCDenton771

Reaction score
Does Verizon ever release phones with no prior notice? (i.e. Am I silly to keep hoping?) (And if they do release phones with no notice, do they ever release high-end phones with no notice?)

If this doesn't come out till Feb, then I'll maybe get a GNex... or I'll finally attempt to root my OG Droid and see if I can give it new life... (any quick advice for an OG Droid rooting newbie? A favorite how-to link, maybe?)

There is slight hope but probably not much. Not sure wtf is up with verizon they really seem to be slacking lately. I'm probably gonna end up picking up either the Rezound or the RAZR. There is no way I can suffer through my broken Ally for two more months.

tuffD1

Reaction score
Aranel- Go to Droid 1 section, then sticky tab.

Sent from my ProjElite Droid¹

JCDenton771

Reaction score
I'm very saddened by this delay especially since they waited until the night before to say so....I could have upgraded back in October, but decided to wait for this device and now I cannot wait anymore; my phone is busted. Thank you for they fake hype Motorola and Verizon.

r314bd

Reaction score
I'm very saddened by this delay especially since they waited until the night before to say so....I could have upgraded back in October, but decided to wait for this device and now I cannot wait anymore; my phone is busted. Thank you for they fake hype Motorola and Verizon.
x2. If this isn't an ICS release now, Motorola will have officially gone full retard.

JCDenton771

Reaction score
Just web-chatted on their website with some representative for the web chat service and this is what I got:

Josh B: I don't have any information on that phone.
Josh B: We have some great phones that we currently offer.

Haha robot or he just doesn't know a thing? In the survey comments section that followed I kindly asked them to release the Droid 4. Not that it will help but I thought it was entertaining.

TC_Mits

Reaction score
Someone please PM me when the D5 pre-release thread opens. This phone will be old news - and old tech - before it hits the streets.

Anybody got a used Tbolt?

Perspective instantiates reality.
( By DX w/DF app. )

Ihauntu2

Reaction score
This delay is ridiculous. My OG Droid has been freezing up & random rebooting ever since the last update. I've has 3G data connection issues & battery life problems for months before that. I'm not interested in waiting 6 more weeks for a phone that should be out by now. I tried out Razr & Gnex in stores - didn't like them.

Just verified with Verizon that my contract is up. If I can't succesfully root my OG Droid & install more stable software, I'll be shopping other carriers for a better phone.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This delay is ridiculous. My OG Droid has been freezing up & random rebooting ever since the last update. I've has 3G data connection issues & battery life problems for months before that. I'm not interested in waiting 6 more weeks for a phone that should be out by now. I tried out Razr & Gnex in stores - didn't like them.

Just verified with Verizon that my contract is up. If I can't succesfully root my OG Droid & install more stable software, I'll be shopping other carriers for a better phone.

Welcome to vzw; so far every major release has been "delayed". I think we need to learn from our past mistakes and not rush vzw and motorola on this one. Let them take their time. Rushed phones turns into buggy phones. Besides the delay may allow us to see it come with ics instead of gb. Now Moto with ics :D Awesome.

r314bd

Reaction score
Ugh. Still so frustrated about today.

Motorola, you dun goofed. Just found out there are some pre-Alpha builds of ICS for the OG Droid, so I may just stick with the OG until the Droid 5 w/quad-core/NFC/12MP comes out.

kjcword

Reaction score

Motorola, you dun goofed. Just found out there are some pre-Alpha builds of ICS for the OG Droid, so I may just stick with the OG until the Droid 5 w/quad-core/NFC/12MP comes out.

I'm gonna keep rocking old school style with my OG. I went to look at gnex and was not impressed. Actually the back fell off while I was holding it. I just can't see the gnex lasting for 18 months.

TC_Mits

Reaction score

... I may just stick with the OG until the Droid 5 w/quad-core/NFC/12MP comes out.

But will the D5 battery still be poured into a plastic bag? And will it have swapable internal storage (SD card) for my mp3s and avi/vcds?

Perspective instantiates reality.
( By DX w/DF app. )

OP
Trusstopher

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just getting back from vacation, a few posts I got while I was gone:

Yes it has led notifications.
As for the pictures, I understand the desire to want to see everything in its entirety but they could easily take the device away so protection is the bottom line for me.

One interesting fact that I failed to mention...the SIM card used is well smaller than one that goes into the razr or bionic right now...

debdroid1a

Reaction score
This is the problem with waiting until Feb. It will be old technology. If its the same as the Razr except with a keyboard, the Razr was out 11/11, its getting outdated all ready. Even if it has ICS when it comes out, there will be other phones with it too. And better specs.

People will just wait. Ill probably wait until May when my 2 years are up and see what other carriers have, they're not too bad in my area. I only switched to Verizon because it had better phones, but now that's not the case.

Yes I was going to get this Droid4, but now I've lost interest.

Sent from my Droid1 using DroidForums

bishoy

Reaction score
I have lost interest as well. My whole family upgraded their phones last month and i waited it out for the droid 4. i will be sticking to my droid 2 for a while until it completely breaks

I wish there was a way to contact verizon and let them know that people are losing interest and they need to either release this phone, or reward us by adding better hardware specs before releasing it. i tried that but the customer service reps pretend that they have no information on the droid 4 so i just get pissed off and hang up