The Official DF Droid 4 Pre-Release Thread

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 4' started by Trusstopher, Nov 26, 2011.

1. pc747

pc747 Regular Member
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +7,434
    Just took my galaxy Nexus back and waiting for this. Hopefully it wont have the same signal issues as the nexus.:angry:

2. reybie

reybie Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Did that yesterday.

3. Ihauntu2

Ihauntu2 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
  4. r314bd

r314bd Member

Ratings:
    +23
  5. pc747

pc747 Regular Member
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +7,434
    think it will get pushed back a week cuz of lte outage issues.

6. JCDenton771

JCDenton771 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    No I don't think that has anything to do with it especially since Verizon keeps getting it back up rather quickly. If it is delayed, the biggest reason I believe would be Moto wanting to make it a world phone and Verizon not wanting to do that.

7. r314bd

r314bd Member

Ratings:
    +23
    . This phone isn't happening tomorrow. Damn you, VZW/Droid Life.

#151 r314bd, Dec 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2011
  8. kjcword

kjcword Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Any word on durability? My favorite quality about the og is its tuffness. Now, release my D4!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

9. tdpolo26

tdpolo26 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    yeah i agree with this, i highly doubt they will wait 5 or 6 weeks to release the tech and it is already outdated at this point (they are outdone the day they are created) so to delay it even further especially if quad core is around the corner would be a poor decision, the other thing is these phones have already been manufactured i am guessing if the release is any time soon. so if they are global then they are global.... i doubt the release is held up over moto arguing about global... and they are certainly not going to remanufacture these to make them global.... if they have global capabilities it is something that can be unlocked later they wouldnt hold a release over that (im guessing).

I really hope that we hear anything soon. big red is so bad with things lately, i mean cant we just have a spot of info, even admit the existence of it, at least they admitted the existence of the nexus a bit ahead and stated some day it was comming. I am kinda agreeing with the rest of you about them pushing the razor like crazy. i think they thought that its predecessor would sell it out and that just didnt happen. i think it will be a silent release that may start in verizon and just stay there. they might not even get it at other stores. my bro works for bestbuy and they dont have anything in there systems about the droid 4 but he is new and may not know where to look. plus after the nexus debacle i am guessing it wont even show in the inner system till it is dropped. so we will play the wait and see game.

#153 tdpolo26, Dec 21, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  10. tdpolo26

tdpolo26 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    just curious do you have any links on it not happening or is it a personal opinion

11. JCDenton771

JCDenton771 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I agree with you that it will probably be a silent launch. Verizon might be trying to do away with keyboards so even though the Droid 4 is comparable to the RAZR and Nexus they will keep those as the "face of the franchise" you might say. I still think it will launch tomorrow because I don't know what could be delaying it; Trustopher's 'source' said the device was not buggy at all and was very smooth. (His source also didn't seem like the brightest fellow, but that's a different issue. I plan on going to a Verizon store tomorrow to check it out.

I think it's just his opinion since there has not been an official press release.

12. JCDenton771

JCDenton771 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Also if you go to the droiddoes mobile webpage, the droid 3 has 4G LTE logos by it indicating that a release of the droid 4 is imminent.

Search tags for this page
df-droid

dfdroid

phone radar detector