The Bionic, The RAZR, and Ice Cream Sandwich

nateohio

Reaction score
I seem to remember saying on more than a few occasions that we would get ICS by the end of April. This has held true for every OS upgrade since 2.0 with motorola phones. I don't begrudge Moto at all for not releasing a concrete date for release. After seeing the reaction in the past to busted timelines (primarily the fault of VZW), can anyone blame them?? The bottom line is that Moto has NO control over when the final updates hit, it's entirely in VZW's court for approval. After the gingerbread upgrades of last year (if you weren't around then, the OS upgrades caused major issues with a lot of phones) I believe they have the right to be picky as hell with what they accept as a final OTA product.

I myself, will NOT be upgrading to ICS until it's been verified to cause ZERO issues with the Bionic. My phone is running flawlessly right now and I will not be tolerant of any bugs that the ICS upgrade may bring.

B

bens42608

Wtf this is seriously BS! Why the bleep is razr getting Ics b4 us when it came out AFTER us?? Even tho I don't see what the big deal is about ICS and TBH as well as my bionic is running on 902 I really don't even wanna mess with it- its still like a big middle finger from motorola

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Wtf this is seriously BS! Why the bleep is razr getting Ics b4 us when it came out AFTER us?? Even tho I don't see what the big deal is about ICS and TBH as well as my bionic is running on 902 I really don't even wanna mess with it- its still like a big middle finger from motorola

Is it really necessary to be so nasty about the whole thing?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with voice to text translation. Please excuse minor spelling/grammar/punctuation errors.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think people would be a little less hostile about the whole thing if we even had evidence that a Bionic build exists. If one did, one would think it would have turned up on the Cheesecake servers. It seems no one has found it as of yet. This is disheartening. I feel for Droid 4 owners as well, since i've seen no mention of that device either.

Bionic

Reaction score
Why the bleep is razr getting Ics b4 us when it came out AFTER us??

My hunch is that it's because the Droid Fighter is basically the same architecture as the RAZR, but with ICS and some other upgrades.

If not, then it's because the RAZR MAXX with ICS would give Moto their best chance at competing with the Nexus and the rest of the ICS lineup.

In other words, it has nothing to do with us, and everything to do with selling more phones and grabbing more market share.

They know we're not loyalty and that most of us will just buy the hottest device available at renewal time, regardless of who makes it.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
My hunch is that it's because the Droid Fighter is basically the same architecture as the RAZR, but with ICS and some other upgrades.

If you want to talk architechture, the Droid Bionic is actually way closer to the RAZR than I assume the Fighter will be. The difference? Bionic is clocked 200MHz slower, and has a removable battery.

I am assuming the Fighter will probably use an entirely different chipset.

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
Forgive me if there's been an update on the ICS schedule in the past month, but I still think the Bionic won't see it until early 2013. Only another 8+ months to go.. Besides, I never hear anything about the Bionic being updated -whatsoever- and by that I mean I never hear of patches since our last update, and I've heard of no progression on ICS. Anybody else think that the Bionic is dead? It's a great phone and capable of so much, but Motorola has their focus elsewhere.

Edit: After looking at the most recent update schedule, we're still in evaluation. As far as I know, that means Q4 of this year or Q1 of next year, because there are other devices that are already getting a timeframe to expect it, and we all know how those time frames work with Motorola—they just keep getting pushed further away. So, let's say sometime this week the schedule is updated again and we're Q3 or Q4. A few months go by, a few more schedule updates, hey look at that, we were postponed a quarter. As I recall, when ICS was brand new back in like November or December, Motorola said they'd have ICS on the Bionic by February... Umm, yeah, of next year maybe.

Tonik

Reaction score
Edit: After looking at the most recent update schedule, we're still in evaluation.

So is the Razr for the US and it appears they are getting it at any moment. The only thing I know for sure is that Moto's posts and schedules have never been accurate about anything.

BumperTrash

Reaction score
Mog mobile music just had an update and mentioned adding ics support... so looking like ics will be coming out tomorrow

SENT FROM MY DROID RAZR

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
My biggest hope here is... a release of ICS on Razr will give the Bionic a chance at a really solid custom rom release soon...

Moto is obviously trying to save sales on the Razr by making it competitive with the Nex... they have given up on the Bionic so updates will take forever and will be buggy and frustrating as usual...

If they would just realize that unlocking devices would make them king of the hill again.... but there's no talking to them... they're still in a corporate disconnect with their customers and refuse to realize why profits are crashing

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mog mobile music just had an update and mentioned adding ics support... so looking like ics will be coming out tomorrow

SENT FROM MY DROID RAZR

I've had the MOG update for ICS on my Bionic since a week or so ago. No ICS on my phone yet *LOL*