The Bionic, The RAZR, and Ice Cream Sandwich

CurGeorge8

Reaction score
With the release of ICS for the RAZR imminent (most likely next week) has anyone heard anything about the Bionic?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
Still haven't figured out what the bug deal is. My bionic is fine the way it is

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's the latest version of the OS, and apps written for the Android 4.0 SDK will not even run on earlier versions. Right now might not be an issue, but is already a problem with apps such as Google Chrome beta.

It's total BS if we get left behind on the outdated OS, and if the Bionic doesn't see a timely release of ICS after the Razr, mine might find itself smashed into a zillion pieces; packed into a padded envelope, and mailed to the CEO of Motorola's mobile device devision with a scathing note about how I feel about their company.

Scribble

Reaction score
It's total BS if we get left behind on the outdated OS, and if the Bionic doesn't see a timely release of ICS after the Razr, mine might find itself smashed into a zillion pieces; packed into a padded envelope, and mailed to the CEO of Motorola's mobile device devision with a scathing note about how I feel about their company.

They still got your money though. :p

Seriously though the new apps only being for ICS is what I find most annoying about this new release of Android in particular. Especially since they are some pretty hefty app enhancements. Who wants to guess that Google Assistant will be ICS and above only.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^ Yeah, well I was actually joking about smashing it and mailing it to Motorola, although if I had enough money to do things like that it would be funny.

I'm not 100% sure we won't be seeing ICS somewhere around the same timeframe, though. Maybe they're using the Razr owners as the guinea pigs this time. If their soak test is successful, maybe we'll get invites next week.

jhom

Reaction score
Despite Motorola's Software Update posting, it appears that ICS development and implementation is way ahead of schedule. Both the Razr and Bionic have been in Phase 1 - Evaluation and Planning. With Razr getting ICS next week, I would think we are next in line.

lm2

Reaction score
I know someone with the remix resurrection ics v9.7. He says it has boosted his battery life tremendously, and that his galaxy nexus no longer runs hot, fwiw.

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Despite Motorola's Software Update posting, it appears that ICS development and implementation is way ahead of schedule. Both the Razr and Bionic have been in Phase 1 - Evaluation and Planning. With Razr getting ICS next week, I would think we are next in line.

Just goes to show you the updates from Motorola are not worth the digital paper they are written on.
They are just words that never mean anything concrete.

BumperTrash

Reaction score
Got ICS yesterday. It is amazing on the razr. The custom ics Roms were ok for a while but this build with moto blur built in is amazing!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

Is screen shot in the update or is that still for rooted phones?

SENT FROM MY DROID RAZR