Has anyone tried emailing Motorola concerning our ICS update?

jstwondrng

Reaction score

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you look at Moto's twitter feed (either yesterday or the day before) they give the same stock answer in regards to the Bionic. So it IS going to get ICS, as they've stated before, we just don't know the timeline.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Moto has never given a date for the roll-out because they don't control it. They did it one time and it backfired on them. They announced a roll out for the Original Droid and quickly found out Verizon controls when an update is ready. After that their stance has always been "soon." Save yourself the time of sending emails and tweets. All your going to get is "soon" When the roll out is underway they will say it's pushing to devices and not a moment before.

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Sure they will take a look at how stable ICS is on the RAZR and manage whatever chaos ensues, then make tweaks/updates/add more bloatware, then make a decision on the Bionic. Would seem to make sense.

Agree with you Cereal Killer... just enjoy the summer and read the RAZR forum to get the occasional reality check :)

Sent from my now freaking awesome, butt-kicking .902 Droid Bionic using TapaTalk

Last edited:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sure they will take a look at how stable ICS is on the RAZR and manage whatever chaos ensues, then make tweaks/updates/add more bloatware, then make a decision on the Bionic.

They don't have it either; it was just an update to GB.

Someone needs to develop a Customer Support app. It works like a Magic 8 Ball. You ask it a question and shake the phone. You'll get answers like "In a few weeks" "Next Quarter" and "Soon."

bluezdawg

Reaction score
They don't have it either; it was just an update to GB.

Someone needs to develop a Customer Support app. It works like a Magic 8 Ball. You ask it a question and shake the phone. You'll get answers like "In a few weeks" "Next Quarter" and "Soon."

Hilarious... but would beat the status quo and have more entertainment value ;-)

Sent from my now freaking awesome, butt-kicking .902 Droid Bionic using TapaTalk

yaterml

Reaction score
The official RAZR/RAZR MAXX ICS release date is December 20th, 2012. The official BIONIC ICS release date is December 21st, 2012 11:59p.m.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
The official RAZR/RAZR MAXX ICS release date is December 20th, 2012. The official BIONIC ICS release date is December 21st, 2012 11:59p.m.

Isn't supposed to be the end of the world according to the Mayan calendar?

Seriously, according to https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c both the Bionic and RAZR are still in the "Evaluation & Planning" stage with "Further details to follow." If you have an exact date, where did you get it from?

Last edited:

yaterml

Reaction score
Isn't that when the Mayans predicted the end of the world?

Seriously, according to https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c both the Bionic and RAZR are still in the "Evaluation & Planning" stage with "Further details to follow." If you have an exact date, where did you get it from?

You answered your own question. It just ain't going to happen. RAZR's will get one day of joy and the BIONIC nothing. I went through enough of them to know the BIONIC isn't what they intended it to be and haven't and will not show it any love as a result of it failing. They will come up with an excuse why it will be even longer ie the processor won't support ICS blur build or something.

BumperTrash

Reaction score
You answered your own question. It just ain't going to happen. RAZR's will get one day of joy and the BIONIC nothing. I went through enough of them to know the BIONIC isn't what they intended it to be and haven't and will not show it any love as a result of it failing. They will come up with an excuse why it will be even longer ie the processor won't support ICS blur build or something.

Is that why the bionic is only $99 now? I almost bought the bionic until i heard about the $199 RAZR ... it's only 16g but i don't download music onto my phone...

SENT FROM MY DROID RAZR

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Is that why the bionic is only $99 now? I almost bought the bionic until i heard about the $199 RAZR ... it's only 16g but i don't download music onto my phone...

SENT FROM MY DROID RAZR

Still a great deal at $99!

BumperTrash

Reaction score
Still a great deal at $99!

I'm liking this RAZR tho.. last phone was a DROID 1.... was having all sorts of issues with it just before i got this one...

SENT FROM MY DROID RAZR

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
They're still saying the Bionic is going to get it.

grgguy

Reaction score

Well than Motofaila can send me a refund ! I bought this phone based on the fact that it was going to receive the ICS os