SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
You would be correct. :)

bbucks36

Reaction score
but it only does it in the ICS .. so let just say you want to return the phone for warranty purposes... going back to gingerbread then how would they know?

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
If you're on 232 or lower, that's fine. But, 235+ have security that don't allow you to go back to GB. Once the OTA ICS comes out, anyone who updates to it can never return to GB.

bbucks36

Reaction score
ouch...:icon_eek:...figured it was a lose lose situation when the .235 leak came out...do you think the when the OTA comes out they will do a security lock on that also?

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Oh I don't think they will, I know they will. They already did on D4 and RAZR already with their ICS releases. I was quite frankly surprised they didn't up the security during the Bionic leaks sooner than they did. So yes, I'm quite certain the ICS OTA will not allow going back to GB.

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I don't believe so, no.

jayrod

Reaction score
Wonder what the percentage of Bionic owners aren' t already close to warranty expiration..I know I'm up on 9/23.Almost seems a waste of time putting a Root check in ICS for Bionic seeing as it's somewhat the red headed step child the family doesn't talk about.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

bbucks36

Reaction score
the leaks are decent .. minor things can be changed.. more UI stuff.. im afraid that if and when ICS comes out and they changed it so much that it now sucks..that i cant go back to just using the leaks... my warranty also is coming up in Nov...

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I have no idea. I don't much care, either, as I'll be replacing the Bionic once the new crop of Nexus phones comes out. However, yea, I suspect a lot of people are close to their warranty period.

nateohio

Reaction score
No one knows whether or not the FXZ will wipe or not, i don't believe its been tested yet...

Samurai- what makes you think that it won't? Doesn't rsdlite flash a new recovery as well while flashing the fxz?

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
It's been tried. P3 tried a ton of stuff. Nothing erases it. They're storing it somewhere we can't access. Once it's been rooted, the right value will always show a 1 no matter what you do.

mattjenn

Reaction score
I saw this story yesterday on my DROID 4 I have which is not rooted it showed 1/1 it has not been rooted since back in march when it had gb on it so I don't know where this info comes from but it is not correct cause mine again is not rooted and hasn't been since beginning of march