teddyearp's EVILest post

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
:icon_evil: Don't ask me why I did this, but I've been watching my post count just so's I could. Since this is my BEASTLY (666th) post, I figure I'm gonna be as beastly as I can and hope to still stay a member here, lol. Over at HTR we would do a 'rant and bash' thread in our Off Topic/Funny Stuff when it got like this. Finally this has nothing to do with me being chosen in pc747's weekly thread, for that recognition I am humbled and thankfull. I have been planning this post way before that.:icon_evil:

So, all that stuff aside, I would have made a poll, but after reading I should be called a troll. What kind of user/poster really porks you?

Is it the one who posts in the middle of a thread, "yeah I have that problem too, PLEASE HELP!!!???" expecially when the thread is already a few days old? Or worse, there's already three people with their fingers in the pie and after a while one can't figure out who's helping who? Or who needs help anymore.

How's about those thread titles that EVERYONE has seen all over the interworld. "PLEASE HELP ME!!!" or "I RLEAY SRECWED UP AND NEED HLEP NOW!!!, RIGHT NOW, LOOK!!".

Or, when you go to look at a thread, it's like this:

well i was lolooking at tghe rooting thread and went thru all the stpes and then i got theru some offit and then had an error who cares which now my phun is acting all greasy won but but still i wnet and did mor stuf tio it and who knows what i did and then id fused the spr file on it and then i sbfd it and then i put ud pon it and now its tereally screwd up so now what do i do? oh yaeh i follwd the guide, but why am i havn problems?

And then the very next post (or the OP is edited to):

nvm i figgurd it out.

Some of my personal favorites has been those users who have a signature that is about one screen page length long, especially when they decide to post several replies within minutes of each other:

10:15pm: You can try the root link in my sig
10:16pm: or if that doesn't work try the unroot link in my sig
10:17pm: or then do the sbf link in my sig
10:18pm oh, but wait, there's more!

I think I have almost worn out a mouse's scroll wheel or two on those.

But let me finish with my totally (un)favorite of the bunch. The poster who thinks that a forum is like a twitter feed. One example is say you've got a dev that has just posted a new ROM:

[user1] I'm #1!!!!
[user2] I'm on it, will d/l when I get home
[user3] d/l now, will let you know later
[etc.] Where's the usefull information in those and the furthermore posts for a reader? The reader has to page through the first three-four pages of this useless gibberish until said reader can finally get to the meat of the matter, i.e. is it full of bugs, or does it just work?

The second (twitter type poster/feeder) is the one's I used to see at the _old_ alldroid.org. The one who would make multiple posts and then finally say:

"I guess I post so much and so fast that I've already answered my own posts/problems, lol."

I'm glad that worked out for them. Too bad for the bandwidth.

OK, teddy's done being EVIL, hope this is seen as it is intended. And since I have ranted and bashed so much here, don't take it like I feel like I can dish it out and be above taking it.

BRING IT ON! 666!!! :icon_ devil:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'll let this one fly for now... so long as it stays 'playful' and there are no direct attacks on any members.... but be careful, if it gets out of hand, or appears to be going that way I'll close it up.

congrats on your 'devilish' accomplishment teddy.... and congrats on your nod from the RS!!!!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Congrats on the 666 (got mine on halloween :D)

The thing that most erks me is people who post in a thread where someone is in the middle of getting help and they just jump in and say something like " ya I've never had that problem"

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
lol i hope ur not referring to my sig teddy

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
My 666 Post was on 7-16...three and a half months ago - plus I carry it in my member number :happy:

OP
teddyearp

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Thanks Martin, feel free to close it anytime, of course. No abe, actually the user that had that huge sig has since changed it a while ago. Spaz, I agree, if you don't have anything usefull to post, why post at all? Oh and I got mine honestly, not playing yes or no or this or that ;). tp, I never noticed that until now, lol.

I'm really glad to see DF has grown to what it is now, it's almost become the 'one stop shop' now.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here ya go - visitor message from 7-16 about a 666 post count and todays 5,666 post count :p

zmljra.png

OP
teddyearp

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Nice, tp. I thought about that, but then I'd have to just drop off the end of the DF earth. Now when you get to your 61,666th post, what then?

And back to those rom threads. How the heck can a guy really figure out what's up with a new rom he wants to try out when in just a few days the thread grows to be so huge. After the rom's been out 10 days, the thread's over 120 pages long! That is 12 pages (=120 posts) a day! And almost every post is a one liner without anything at all usefull to say, like: "yay, time to flash this", "Nice, can't wait to flash the newest goodness. This is the first ROM in a looong time that I have been really excited about!", "WOW you guys work fast", "Kick ass guys! You are freaking fast!", "lol i was so accited to and then i saw the comment about no download link yet lol didnt even notice.", "funny two pages already and haven't even downloaded it yet...", "Downloading it now... ", etc.

:icon_evil:Arrg!:icon_evil:

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anytime I try to help a member with their rsdlite error code, sometimes I will just Google the code, and the first link is 99% of the time a thread on this forum! That's the best part!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
teddyearp

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
I don't have time to read this thread right now, I will read it later and let you know what I think.
Hehehehe. But it's usually like this (in my experience):

"well this thread is xxx pages long and im too lazy (or I don't have time) to read it for my solution and now i have 'x' problem and 'y' situation (and no reading skills) PLEASE help?"

And 'x' problem with 'y' solution has just been posted anywhere from one to ten posts before, lol.

p.s. Yeah, tp, since you have about 55,992 posts to go, I would think that by that time you should quit.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks Martin, feel free to close it anytime, of course. No abe, actually the user that had that huge sig has since changed it a while ago. Spaz, I agree, if you don't have anything usefull to post, why post at all? Oh and I got mine honestly, not playing yes or no or this or that ;). tp, I never noticed that until now, lol.

I'm really glad to see DF has grown to what it is now, it's almost become the 'one stop shop' now.
Nobody is being bad :)... doesn't have to be closed!!!