MAHALO (thank you)

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
This thread is for those who are giving up their time to help those in need. When I first came on this forum I admit, I didn't read "everything" and nor did I search for "everything" before asking the question. Boy did I get wise cracks, smart alek remarks and it made me shun away from asking anything. I've been reading thread after threads which many noobs and not so noobs ask for help and being belittled. Totally unnecessary. Maybe there are those who really can't understand the terminology and needs a few guidance. If you can't offer help and only make them feel less confident, then maybe you shouldn't hit the reply button. That's just IMO

This thread is to thank those who has the patience, the sincerity to help those (regardless of their tech skills) better understand the concept of these new aged phones. These are REAL people, REAL human beings who are making a big difference in this forum. By far this is THE BEST damn forum that I've registered too and I've made great friends here. Lets not forget where we got the knowledge we learned. These mods and dev were once new like you and I.

So please recognize those people in the Rescue Squad as Spotlight Members of the week. Give recognition to one, two, or all that has helped you achieve that success. Donation is one thing but showing your appreciation is by far more valuable then you will ever know. So in closing...THANK YOU 252Chevyboyz, Spaz, Fozzy, 13th Angel, Droid Does, PC 747, CJM and the many many more I've met along the way.

sent from my Hawaiian Xoom...ALOHA

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Your welcome, Princess.

There is a lot of info here, but reading it and applying it can be two different things. A little help goes a long way. And this forum has the most helpful members I've seen yet. I'd like to say thanks to furbearingmammal, mwhartman, spaz33g, Droid DOES!! and the whole Recue Squad team, Guidot, thebowers, ecsnead69 ,xkape. Some of those havent directly helped, but have learned a lot from their posts. Thanks to 252chevyboys for the help on MetaMorphs, the Hawaiian Princess for keeping it fun and anyone else thats ever helped, MAHALO.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Your welcome :)

Ive learned alot in the 3 months Ive been on here and had a smart phone. This d2g was my first smart phone and I dove in head first determined to learn everything i could and its paid off. There would be a huge list of people i want to thank if only i could remember them all. Everything ive learned about android was either posted here or was given to me as a link off this site.

The short list of people i do remember who need to be thanked: SGMD1 for his d2g rooting writeup (without which i probably wouldnt know half or more of what i know because thats what got me started), Burryboi for getting me started with testing the ROMer, Guidot for hooking me up with a couple of very helpful people when i asked for help to start dev'ing, Jeffv2 for helping me multiple times, Swallisa for helping me after it was already figured out what the problem was and fixed/knowing how to avoid the problem later, davros for all the help ive gotten from him on twitter, and everyone whos post ive learned something from but dont remember their names.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would also like to give a shout out to all who have helped me out. Very helpful place here and so many friendly members willing to help out with any questions no matter how "noobish" they are. Glad to be part of this community and will remain loyal as long as Androids are around. Hope to be able to pay the community back for all the help i have gotten. Hope this community and androids will stick around. Also @Princess your def not gonna go unrecognized for all the effort and work you put into the community. You also deserve a thanks. Glad to have met so many friendly people here. I will have to agree with pretty much everthing the Princess said cause this is by far the best online community i have come across and cant even compare it to any other. Everyone enjoy!

Last edited:
OP
Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Hey thanks guys but I also wanted to mention Hookbill too. He's been helping tons of ppl also. However I'm sure there's many many more to name.

sent from my Hawaiian Xoom...ALOHA

Canadroid

Reaction score
So please recognize those people in the Rescue Squad as Spotlight Members of the week. Give recognition to one, two, or all that has helped you achieve that success.

Most of the folks you listed helped me get set up and familiarized, whether they know it or not!

It's all about giving back and good karma, right?

:pint:

droidlady05

Reaction score
Agreed, I would've never had the courage to root etc., if weren't for the info, clarification, and support of others in this forum. As Hawaiian Princess says, Mahalo!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Came across this and after a few messages between FoxKat and I, I think it would be appropriate to resuscitate this thread to let people know that they are appreciated. So I'm bumping this mutha trucka back to the top. ;)

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Bump.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
These are the posts that make me proud to be a part of this site.

I've spent fewer hours here than normal lately (only because of a personal situation), but I have made great friends and acquaintances because of this site. I'm glad that I could help people and that is what keeps me coming back.

Thanks to all of you for making this a great place!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
These are the posts that make me proud to be a part of this site.

I've spent fewer hours here than normal lately (only because of a personal situation), but I have made great friends and acquaintances because of this site. I'm glad that I could help people and that is what keeps me coming back.

Thanks to all of you for making this a great place!

Dude, the fact that you've been here at all during that situation, speaks miles to just how dedicated you are to this website :) I personally want to thank you.for helping show me the ropes, and being a part of the awesome mod team that keeps things rolling on this site :) I look up to all of you guys and gals. But your dedication is easily seen in the patience and how you go the extra mile to help people :)

I can't forget to mention the awesome admins that we have here. The entire support staff, news, developers, RS, everybody on this site, as well as the members too.

All of you have made this site the friendliest & safest learning environment I've ever had the privilege of being on :)

Also its an awesome place to hang.out :)

I've learned tons for free, from many of you. Especially FoxKat. Thanx all of you. )

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Last edited:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Ditto, ditto, ditto, ditto! As I have said before, of all the sites I turned to when I got my first droid, this is the one I learned to always come to first. DF was the friendliest, most helpful, most fun,patient and understanding of all of them. No question was ever thought to be too simple or too newb. I learned how to root and rom my og droid from here. ChevyNo1 roms were my favorite and I was amazed the work and time he took to perfect his roms and make them work. I don't remember all the numerous threads and people that helped me root that thing but one thing I know with certainty is there is no way I would have had the courage to root without DF! This is the absolute best forum by far and it is the dedication of the moderators, developers and admin that has kept it this way. Thank you all! And thanks to cobra and FoxKat for bumping this thread!

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Yes, this website has saved my can several times and I am so proud to be considered a member. I've met so many friendly people here, and some not-so-friendly. But that doesn't keep me from learning sometime eerytime I log on. I respect all of the mods, admins, dev teams, etc. on here. It upsets me that I can't afford to donate to the devs, but maybe I can in the future. I can atleast help when possible. I love you guys! Hopefully I'll be here forever!