SwiftKey keyboard lags

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yeah, I've been thinking this very thing for over a year now. Because this has been happening for so long across so many different devices, I think this keyboard is needlessly bloated and needs to be completely revamped. If you look at the latest reviews, everybody is complaining about the lag, the exact same issues I experienced with it over a year ago. I know it's been updated quite a few times since I stopped using it, yet it continues to have the same issues I had when I stopped using it... so yeah IDK.
All we can do is continue to email the developer and hope for the best.
Anyone tried ai.type keyboard. ai.type keyboard Free Emoji - Android Apps on Google Play
Recent reviews are mostly 4-5 stars.

S5 tap'n
I've only experienced lag with its latest update and especially in Textra. Textra even sent out a text message saying the problem was with Swiftkey. I thought it was Textra initially at ifrst because I never experienced lag with Swiftkey with any other app.

I don't know if I'll switch back, Google keyboard has learned my typing quite quickly.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
It wasn't so much the lag..it was how it was trying too hard to predict and getting it wrong more often than not..I'm not having that issue with google keyboard...and my heat map showed i was pretty accurate as far as finger placement..

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
It's been nearly impossible to predict if the flow feature all respond correctly since the last update. It'll work fine then slow down and suddenly hand (hang) in the middle of predictions/interpretations it used to blow throw (through) workout (without) breaking a sweat. If course, the really, take (huh?) oddball predictions/interpretations of my flow were always present, may not at the same level I am (seem) be (to) be seeing since the update.

See what I mean? It injected a word and really blew it in (on) some others.

I also really don't like how they took away the shower (slider) allowing me to customize is (if) I wanted accuracy or (it screwed up twice here, yelling (telling) me I said stored, then spotted) speed.

But they tacky (really) seem far more interested in the iOS market than Android. Maybe they make more money over there. I don't know. But it really feels like they think Andros Andros (android) is a secondary market despite cutting their teeth here back when Apple wouldn't let anyone pole (pollute) their toys with antimicrobial (anything - and it predicts antimicrobial almost every fragging time I try to flow the word "anything") other than the sick (stock) keyboard.

I miss the days I was telling (yelling) about how the word for (foot) was Wakarusa (always) filed follows (followed) by the word fish frosh (fetish) as a prediction for the lovely phrase "I just dropped a full may (jar) of pasta sauce on my foot fetish." in a text I sent my at-the-time girlfriend and then had to explain.

OP
brucebanner77

brucebanner77

Reaction score
Typing that had to be very frustrating lol

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's been nearly impossible to predict if the flow feature all respond correctly since the last update. It'll work fine then slow down and suddenly hand (hang) in the middle of predictions/interpretations it used to blow throw (through) workout (without) breaking a sweat. If course, the really, take (huh?) oddball predictions/interpretations of my flow were always present, may not at the same level I am (seem) be (to) be seeing since the update.

See what I mean? It injected a word and really blew it in (on) some others.

I also really don't like how they took away the shower (slider) allowing me to customize is (if) I wanted accuracy or (it screwed up twice here, yelling (telling) me I said stored, then spotted) speed.

But they tacky (really) seem far more interested in the iOS market than Android. Maybe they make more money over there. I don't know. But it really feels like they think Andros Andros (android) is a secondary market despite cutting their teeth here back when Apple wouldn't let anyone pole (pollute) their toys with antimicrobial (anything - and it predicts antimicrobial almost every fragging time I try to flow the word "anything") other than the sick (stock) keyboard.

I miss the days I was telling (yelling) about how the word for (foot) was Wakarusa (always) filed follows (followed) by the word fish frosh (fetish) as a prediction for the lovely phrase "I just dropped a full may (jar) of pasta sauce on my foot fetish." in a text I sent my at-the-time girlfriend and then had to explain.
Antimicrobial
That's just funny because it's so true. Maybe Swift Key isn't capable of being politically correct?
Yelling? Yup that's how I felt when using Flow.
Shower? Yup needed one to calm down after trying to write a decently long email.
The thing I want more than next word prediction is current word accuracy . Not since the beta days of Swype has any keyboard adapted to sliding styles. What I mean is some slide slowly and precisely with a great spelling knowledge. Then there's the rest of us. With the beta I could slide sloppily and quickly all over the place and it just seemed to know what I meant.
Swype, to me, is a dictionary at times. Yesterday I didn't remember how to spell enunciate. I typed inunciate, it suggested enunciate instead is just one example of why I use it like a dictionary at times.
This might sound crazy, but works for Swype and Ultra keyboard. If your Swiftkey keyboard is lagging try delete the data in your stock keyboard, especially if it's a Samsung device.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Last edited:
Reactions: cr6

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I've not read any of this thread so apologies... But I've not had one lag or hiccup on this keyboard ever... Hmmmm

Tapped by NexusSix

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
With the beta I could slide sloppily and quickly all over the place and it just seemed to know what I meant.
Swype, to me, is a dictionary at times. Yesterday I didn't remember how to spell enunciate. I typed inunciate, it suggested enunciate instead is just one example of why I use it like a dictionary at times.
This might sound crazy, but works for Swype and Ultra keyboard.
Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Absolutely! Nothing better since the original Swype Beta. You could be so sloppy and that app knew exactly what you were trying to say almost 100% of the time.

S5 tap'n

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Misty hard (just heard) back from the guy over at SwiftKey. He said "we are aware of the [issues]" and "we beta tested for months" but not one problem occurred.

I'm finding the latter hard to believe, honestly, unless they only used a handful of people and/or one device/version of Android. He then said it was because of the diversities (diversity) of Android phones. I kinda get that part pay (last part), but how come the Google keyboard plays nice with everyone? ABC (and) was the hub part fully realized throughout the process?

I was told the with (engineers) were working really hard to fix the problems and that a psych (patch) was in the works to be regulars (released) soon, though.

I'm out for now. Having a really, really bad knee day and even though I know I need to keep it up before it sizes (seizes) up, I can't take the day off.

OP
brucebanner77

brucebanner77

Reaction score
Thanks for the update.
How do you know if you have a beta version or regular version of Swiftkey? I tried to sign up to beta test but I'm not sure if I was successful.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Misty hard (just heard) back from the guy over at SwiftKey. He said "we are aware of the [issues]" and "we beta tested for months" but not one problem occurred.

I'm finding the latter hard to believe, honestly, unless they only used a handful of people and/or one device/version of Android. He then said it was because of the diversities (diversity) of Android phones. I kinda get that part pay (last part), but how come the Google keyboard plays nice with everyone? ABC (and) was the hub part fully realized throughout the process?

I was told the with (engineers) were working really hard to fix the problems and that a psych (patch) was in the works to be regulars (released) soon, though.

I'm out for now. Having a really, really bad knee day and even though I know I need to keep it up before it sizes (seizes) up, I can't take the day off.
I was a beta tester for them for a while. To be one they asked you to use their forum but 99.9% of complaints and/or bugs were either ignored or stated as not fixable. Like I said before, they said gestures to erase whole words and other action such as copy/paste/cut/etc are not possible and there were rampant complaints about Flow becoming buggy after a few days of use when it was new but those were never replied to by anyone important. Swype has 1 guy named Jacob towing the company line in his few responses so they aren't much better on their forum either.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4