Reaction score

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yup it's a known problem. I personally haven't experienced it, but no denying that it's a problem for some if not many of us, I'm just lucky and haven't ran into it. Hopefully they fix it

305rev305

Reaction score
I used the stock keyboard for one day and then I got swift key.... which is the best to me but I didn't experience any lag with the stock keyboard that can remember...

Try SwiftKey for 30 days for free...

OP
haproot

haproot

Reaction score
If I type real slow it seems ok, but If I'm hammering away through a small books worth of text it gets worse and worse as I go. And the device actually starts to heat up like the CPU is getting pegged. After getting out of the keyboard and/or the app i was in, the device cools down and all is well. Strange. I really hope it is not any kind of hardware problem. :frown:

OP
haproot

haproot

Reaction score
If I type real slow it seems ok, but If I'm hammering away through a small books worth of text it gets worse and worse as I go. And the device actually starts to heat up like the CPU is getting pegged. After getting out of the keyboard and/or the app i was in, the device cools down and all is well. Strange. I really hope it is not any kind of hardware problem. :frown:

Giving SwiftKey x a test run. Wow this is much faster. Glad I picked this up during the ten cent sale.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Briankbl

Reaction score
Giving SwiftKey x a test run. Wow this is much faster. Glad I picked this up during the ten cent sale.

Swiftkey and/or A.I.type should be required downloads for all Android newcomers lol

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I used aitype and the keyboard lag is there in landscape mode. I am hoping 4.03 fix all the lag. Those testing it have noticed a boost in speed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
haproot

haproot

Reaction score
Swiftkey and/or A.I.type should be required downloads for all Android newcomers lol

Hehe yeah but i truly prefer the stock keyboard. This one isnt putting apostrophes in for me like when i type im, isnt, dont, etc. When i tap on those words and pick a suggestion from the dropdown, it wont take the suggestion..

-from the GNex

jcardona1

Reaction score
I've been a Swype user since the day it came out. I can't use anything else. I cannot type on stock keyboards. Tried Swift Key, hated it! Installed a Swype apk and all is well again :)

OP
haproot

haproot

Reaction score
I've been a Swype user since the day it came out. I can't use anything else. I cannot type on stock keyboards. Tried Swift Key, hated it! Installed a Swype apk and all is well again :)

Giving slide it a try as well. Seems to work ok, not auto capitalizing though. test one two three lololol

-from the GNex

Artimis

Reaction score
As for the stock keyboard, the lag is present in landscape mode. Also, tapping on words and selecting a corrected option does not stick in landscape mode either.

These don't seem to reproducible in portrait mode.

Been driving me crazy because I type pretty fast in landscape and it can't keep up. Doing it in portrait works but feels a bit cramped.

OP
haproot

haproot

Reaction score
As for the stock keyboard, the lag is present in landscape mode. Also, tapping on words and selecting a corrected option does not stick in landscape mode either.

These don't seem to reproducible in portrait mode.

Been driving me crazy because I type pretty fast in landscape and it can't keep up. Doing it in portrait works but feels a bit cramped.

Same here I'm very fast with the built in keyboard it sucks when it starts geekin out. i pretty much type strictly in landscape except when doing a query like searching the market.

-from the GNex

somenothingness

Reaction score
i have tried typing in landscape with the keypress vibe on and off and at this point while in landscape i do not see an issue using landscape with vibe off. But with vibe on i notice the lag. I am just typing as fast as i can to see if i can relplicate the issue which i cannot with vibe off. There is no lag with vibe off and landscape. Ok...i concur that portrait gave me no issues with lag either vibe on or off. So in my opinion the lag may have somethjng to do with vibe type. I also have issues at times with manual correction keeping in landscape. Galaxy nexus stock keyboard ics 4.0.2 Sorry for the ramble.

alienware777

Reaction score
i have tried typing in landscape with the keypress vibe on and off and at this point while in landscape i do not see an issue using landscape with vibe off. But with vibe on i notice the lag. I am just typing as fast as i can to see if i can relplicate the issue which i cannot with vibe off. There is no lag with vibe off and landscape. Ok...i concur that portrait gave me no issues with lag either vibe on or off. So in my opinion the lag may have somethjng to do with vibe type. I also have issues at times with manual correction keeping in landscape. Galaxy nexus stock keyboard ics 4.0.2 Sorry for the ramble.

I have lag even with vibrate off. I'm sure vibrate helps to slow it down though, so maybe you just don't type fast enough to make it lag with it off? Try typing as fast as possible and see what happens.

On a side note, does anyone ever keep vibrate on? Turning it off is the first thing I do on a phone. Who wants it to vibrate with every keypress ugh lol

Artimis

Reaction score
Agreed....turning vibrate and keypress sounds off reduce lag but it is still present. I also have disabled the keypress popups.

Setting autocorrect mode to "aggressive" actually has had better results than medium or disabled. It just takes longer for it to start lagging on me.

Hopefully, this will be resolved in a future build or custom rom since I primarily type in landscape also.