SwiftKey keyboard lags

doogald

Reaction score
I have never, ever had lag on Swiftkey, even on the latest version. I do have Flow turned off, though. Can't stand flow/swype.

Funny, I tried using Google keyboard a few weeks ago, making myself use it for a week so it would be fair. Initially it was because I was noticing that I was a lot more accurate (not having to depend on autocorrect as much with Google keyboard) but I barely made it and switched back to Swiftkey as soon as the week was done. Swiftkey is a lot better for me.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Actually, that raises am interesting wisdom quotation

Actually, that raises an interesting quotation Epson

Okay, screw it. I'm just going to tap this one out. Who is using flow, who isn't, and are you experiencing problems? I'm using flow and having problems regardless, but far fewer and far less frequently encountering lag, hangs, or just outright bizzare behavior.

OP
brucebanner77

brucebanner77

Reaction score
When I first encountered lag, I was using both. After a reboot, clearing of cache, data, etc. It would run smooth, by day 2, I could type about 4 words before they would even appear. Swipe/flow was the same. Also, it uses ALOT of memory as I stated earlier.

I'm using a beta version now (updated 6/8/15) tremendously better, still uses a good bit of memory (now it's around 86mb)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

doogald

Reaction score
Swiftkey is using 49 MB of ram on my phone.

If you have hundreds of MB of ram available your phone is not RAM-constrained, and using 100 or so MB is not necessarily a problem on a 2 GB phone. The droid maxx is not a low end phone, either. It's weird that people using the same app on the same phone can have such different experiences.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Who has themes installed, etc?

I'm using the latest beta version now and it's helped flow wrote wow wow write (quite) a bit, but as you can see, it's not prefect (perfect). Stick (stock) themes, sore show (arrow) and number does (rows), portrait sore (alignment).

Believe it or not, this is better than it eat (was).

Moto X 32gb Developer Edition, 4.4.4 stock rooted, OEM launcher.

OP
brucebanner77

brucebanner77

Reaction score
I'm using a theme. I also have the number row and the arrows active. Ram is at 52mb (pretty good I must say)

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
SwiftKey updated today. Seems to helped some. Still not as good as I remember but better than the last few days

Note 4Tified

OP
brucebanner77

brucebanner77

Reaction score
Bah! I use beta. Lol
I did do some searching and realized my beta was not up to date.