SwiftKey keyboard lags

OP
brucebanner77

brucebanner77

Reaction score
As furbearingmammal stated they should make the apps run the way we need them to and not for us to alter how we use our devices to use their apps. I went thru quite a bit of "cleaning" to give this keyboard the ram it needed to run. I mean, I'm happy cause I can use my phone as I want. But geez why have to go thru all of that??? The way they have adding and adding to SwiftKey, if you aren't going to "dial back" I doubt if it gets better. Just my two cents. Google key board is cool, I've just been using SwiftKey for so long, and I don't like change.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
brucebanner77

brucebanner77

Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1433812827849.jpg

Is that app using alot of ram?

OP
brucebanner77

brucebanner77

Reaction score
Man I hate to switch keyboards. I've been using this one for a long time.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Maybe they will publish an update soon that helps with the issues you are experiencing?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Actually, I need to email one of the guys over there. They sent me an email address after I tweeted that there were many complaints about the keyboard on the forums I moderate.

107 seems excessive for a keyboard. By about 60, if you ask me.

OP
brucebanner77

brucebanner77

Reaction score
Please send that email.
What has me hooked on SwiftKey is I have my numbers, arrows and and enter key, all right there. No long pressing or shift key needed. Now if any of you know of a keyboard that can give me those features I'll gladly delete this app asap lol
uploadfromtaptalk1433817682346.jpg

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I was a huge SwiftKey fan back on my S3 as well....that is, until it started lagging. It got so frustrating I ended up going back to Swype. When we got our S5s, both my SO & I went back to SK, but the same thing started happening after a couple months on that device as well. We've been using Swype ever since without a problem. I do miss the abundance of options with SK. If you want another swipe style keyboard Bruce, give Swype another try, or the swipe feature in the stock Google keyboard has improved dramatically.
FWIW, I miss the dedicated number row as well, but I need speed an accuracy more.
Another option is to start using the microphone key on your keyboard. Go into your language & input settings and enable Google Voice typing. It's extremely accurate and the more you use it the better it gets.
Good luck!

S5 tap'n

OP
brucebanner77

brucebanner77

Reaction score
Thanks for info Cr6. I'll keep swype in mind. I believe I tried it when I had my s3. Right now I'm. Trying the trial version of SlideIT. It's OK (honestly I don't like it ) but that's cuz I'm use to SK.

Reactions: cr6

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
SwiftKey used to be awesome.. But then they started giving it away and it got pretty heavy.. I hadn't noticed.. But if I don't reboot my device for a few weeks.. Mine lags too.. Just a little bit I have a 64 gig turbo

OP
brucebanner77

brucebanner77

Reaction score
Which keyboard do you guys/gals like better? I think I can force myself to like another of it has an enter key .

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Been using Google keyboard the past few days and I'm not sure if I'll switch back to Swiftkey if it doesn't get fixed within the next 2 or 3 days. Honestly, I thought they would've fixed it by now.

OP
brucebanner77

brucebanner77

Reaction score
How long have they had this problem?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Honestly, I thought they would've fixed it by now.
Yeah, I've been thinking this very thing for over a year now. Because this has been happening for so long across so many different devices, I think this keyboard is needlessly bloated and needs to be completely revamped. If you look at the latest reviews, everybody is complaining about the lag, the exact same issues I experienced with it over a year ago. I know it's been updated quite a few times since I stopped using it, yet it continues to have the same issues I had when I stopped using it... so yeah IDK.
All we can do is continue to email the developer and hope for the best.
Anyone tried ai.type keyboard. ai.type keyboard Free Emoji - Android Apps on Google Play
Recent reviews are mostly 4-5 stars.

S5 tap'n