Stuck on Android is Upgrading: Starting Applications

OP
S

strakajagr

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm pretty sure I built this same thing by creating a new files folder because the flash proceeded exactly the same way that it did last night, with errors writing cdt.bin, devtree, boot, recovery and cdrom. I received "INFOPreflash validation failure" messages for those 4 items.

I will proceed with the rest of your suggestions steps, but this is looking an awfully lot like a repeat of last night.

chemicalboy

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm pretty sure I built this same thing by creating a new files folder because the flash proceeded exactly the same way that it did last night, with errors writing cdt.bin, devtree, boot, recovery and cdrom. I received "INFOPreflash validation failure" messages for those 4 items.

I will proceed with the rest of your suggestions steps, but this is looking an awfully lot like a repeat of last night.

Its the same to me. I repeated many times the steps with different tools but the same result.
I think that a hardware problem or memory errors that can erase the rsd or any tool.

OP
S

strakajagr

Reaction score
Where is this android commander? Does it allow you to navigate your phone when it's in fastboot mode?

OP
S

strakajagr

Reaction score
Well that's just great news, isn't it? All I really want to do is restore my phone so I can sell it. My current D4 gives me none of these issues.

OP
S

strakajagr

Reaction score
I'm capable of doing any and everything you suggest. Thus far, nothing has worked. As long as you have ideas, I'm willing to try.

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
did u try to get adb running with commander? you need to install a adb driver on your comp which you probably have.
adb works b4 you boot into android after the M. also remove your sdcard out the back and format that using an adaptor. dont push any files yet if u get it rolling. delete everything out of the / data folder

Last edited:
OP
S

strakajagr

Reaction score
commander saw no device at any point.

BP tools is a blank screen as always, unless I do a factor reset/data wipe, in which case, I'll get the battery graphic to appear.

There is no safestrap on this phone anymore. There hasn't been since I flashed it back to 217 3 weeks ago.

I have no idea what you mean when you say to "try installing a rom again". The only recovery mode I have is stock recovery and the only zipped files it will load, are official zips like the 217 update. Stock recovery will in no way apply any other type of zipped file.

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
in that mode did you try to first factory reset then apply the 217 zip (not the sbf)file its name is Blur_Version.6.13.219.XT894.Verizon.en.US.zip its inside the 217 zip
if u cant flash it pull the sdcard out. factory reset. and reboot.

Last edited:
OP
S

strakajagr

Reaction score
I absolutely did. Numerous times. It flashes just fine. As I have stated over and over. The end result is always the same. I either get a blank screen or I get Android Starting Applications, wherein it hangs indefinitely... hence the title of this thread.