Stuck on Android is Upgrading: Starting Applications

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Basically, when you RSD the phone should reboot and then say Pass; I don't think you're getting to that point. Are you sure the cable is stock? Do you have the latest drivers and RSD? Redownload the XML file too. You can try a different USB port on the computer, I heard that sometimes using the ports on the front are not ideal.

Last edited:

chemicalboy

Reaction score
Basically, when you RSD the phone should reboot and then say Pass; I don't think you're getting to that point. Are you sure the cable is stock? Do you have the latest drivers and RSD? Redownload the XML file too. You can try a different USB port on the computer, I heard that sometimes using the ports on the front are not ideal.

RSD Say pass. Latest drivers 5.5, RSD Lite 5.7. The cable is from a blackberry but i dont think because that is a problem because didnt lose connection.
And the vol + and - didnt help. Stuck in black screen

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
It's the cable, you may think it's fine but as the OP of this thread discovered the cable does make a difference.

You say RSD says Pass so that means your phone should be booted. If your phone doesn't reboot it will hang until you reboot.

chemicalboy

Reaction score
It's the cable, you may think it's fine but as the OP of this thread discovered the cable does make a difference.

You say RSD says Pass so that means your phone should be booted. If your phone doesn't reboot it will hang until you reboot.

Yes the phone reboot and when reboot the rsd say pass.
Tomorrow i flash with original motorola cable and write here. I think it wont work because the OP of this thread have Losses Connections and i didnt have.

chemicalboy

Reaction score
So the phone boots and rsd says pass. Do you manually reboot it and that's when you get the blank screen?

The phone in any instante give me a blank screen. Reboot automatic with RSD blank screen, manually bland screen. Trust me, i tried everything with no luck. Tomorrow i test with original cable and write here.

chemicalboy

Reaction score
Today i downloaded the latest verision of RSD Lite 6.1.4 and the latest motorola drivers 5.9.0. I have a original motorola cable. I flashed again with no luck.
This are the screens of the RSD
First flashed ok and stucks in Reboots time because the phone stuck in blank screen
http://img135.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=818422398_moto01_122_460lo.JPG

And then please manually power up the phone. Take off baterry and turn on. Blank screen again.
http://img154.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=818420345_moto02_122_399lo.JPG
Stucked because the phone didnt boot up the system.

When the phone pass the motorola logo it recognize me a Motocast drive letter with the motocast software.

I am thinking if i can do some testpoint to erase all the memory phone and start again or think that is full bricked.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
What happens when you hold down volume up and down at the same time for several seconds?

And what do you mean by take off battery?

Last edited:
OP
S

strakajagr

Reaction score
I'm confused as to where you're having a problem. But to clarify what happened to me, what has not and seemingly cannot be resolved and I've sought some expert advice that now believe I have some kind of hardware problem, here it is:

I RSD'd my phone back to 217. It passed all tests on the RSD app. It wouldn't hang up on boot. I have tried every combination of factory reset/wipe data and wipe cache you can imagine. I have flashed it with ICS tools instead. ALL PASSED. Won't boot. There is NO safestrap because safestrap is software you install after you're running android. This phone is now stock, and won't boot. It will never again have or be able to have safestrap, unless I can get android to boot again.

There was a second when I thought the cable mattered, because it booted ONCE. Then rebooting hung back where it previously had.

I have since purchased a new D4 and done the exact same steps I did here, and it worked swimmingly. SS3, 2 used romslots. 1 has eclipse 1.3.5 and the other has AOKP's JB 11/3. It took about 10 minutes to put all that **** on the new one because it worked... exactly how it was supposed to and nothing like my POS former d4 behaved.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
He says he got the phone when it was stuck after applying the ICS OTA, so he tried SBF and the ICS root tool but it doesn't boot. He also says it didn't have safestrap.

Strakajagr, when you first started the process did you uninstall recovery and then uninstall safestrap? Sometimes people forget to uninstall the recovery. RSD doesn't completely wipe the internal memory, I happened to be poking around after I RSD'd ICS and found some old safestrap v1 files, as well as stuff from apps I long ago uninstalled.

OP
S

strakajagr

Reaction score
When I RSD'd the first time, I booted into the stock recovery (before safestrap) and did a factory reset/data wipe before applying the 217 image. After that, there was no safestrap anymore.