Something Peculiar Happened to my phone

dwagner88

Reaction score
I've been going through touchscreen hell with my phone over the last few days, so last night I decided to try to nuke the phone using sbf and rsd lite to see if it fixed the problem (so far so good. . . . ) but anyways, after completely nuking my phone, restarting, and signing in to my google account, I noticed that the sync icon was staying on for a really long time. About 15 minutes later, a notification popped up saying "applications restored". The Market had automatically restored all 37 apps that I had installed before nuking the phone! I have wiped the phone to install ROMS many times before, and this has never happened, I always had to use MyBackupPro to restore my apps. Is this a new feature, or has the market just failed to restore my apps in the past?

searayman

Reaction score
hmm, i have never had the experience either. Wish I had, cause its a pain to re-install everything after installing a new rom....

brianr0131

Reaction score
I always had that happen and I had 92 apps. I probably had it do that for me 15X. All you have to do is wait and do nothing.

Last time I wiped for some reason it didn't work though. I am probably better off anyway who the hell needs 92 apps. My droid is much better with about 10-12 apps.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mine is oddly inconsistent with that and I've always wondered why sometimes when I wipe/reset it restores some apps, sometimes it restores all apps, sometimes it'll pull some random old wallpaper up... etc. And I always wipe data/cache at least two times in sprecovery. I found that there are some data related temp cache files on my sd card and wondered if they had anything to do with it, b/c when I deleted those and wiped, it was ALL gone when I restore. Anyway, I'm curious if there is any structure to this issue as well.

brianr0131

Reaction score
Mine is oddly inconsistent with that and I've always wondered why sometimes when I wipe/reset it restores some apps, sometimes it restores all apps, sometimes it'll pull some random old wallpaper up... etc. And I always wipe data/cache at least two times in sprecovery. I found that there are some data related temp cache files on my sd card and wondered if they had anything to do with it, b/c when I deleted those and wiped, it was ALL gone when I restore. Anyway, I'm curious if there is any structure to this issue as well.

I am pretty sure I "cleaned up" my SD card on last wipe. That would explain the reason my apps would not auto load. Also, I had issues updating in the market as well. I bet that's why.