Stuck on Android is Upgrading: Starting Applications

OP
S

strakajagr

Reaction score
Not that anyone is necessarily interested, but in the interest of full disclosure in case anyone else happens upon this problem, the phone is again functioning as it did in the beginning of this thread. I have no clue why and cannot seem to get stock back.

I got to stock 6.16.217. I ran the ICS tool. I selected the Root ICS Option. Reboot. Back to square 1. Have flashed many times since (with and without data wipes, etc, in varied sequences). No dice.

So that said, if it comes back to stock again, I will let people know what happens after a simple reboot, because I have a suspicion that it wouldn't have mattered if I rooted it or not. In that case, maybe my phone has just been dropped one too many times. Who knows?

MrNissan

Reaction score
Not that anyone is necessarily interested, but in the interest of full disclosure in case anyone else happens upon this problem, the phone is again functioning as it did in the beginning of this thread. I have no clue why and cannot seem to get stock back.

I got to stock 6.16.217. I ran the ICS tool. I selected the Root ICS Option. Reboot. Back to square 1. Have flashed many times since (with and without data wipes, etc, in varied sequences). No dice.

So that said, if it comes back to stock again, I will let people know what happens after a simple reboot, because I have a suspicion that it wouldn't have mattered if I rooted it or not. In that case, maybe my phone has just been dropped one too many times. Who knows?

I think because you were on SS3+ then it an sdcard problem. I would remove external card n try to boot into safemode by holding the ok button down n see if it will allow you to boot completely passed the android upgrading screen. Maybe this can help.

chemicalboy

Reaction score
I have the same problem. I dont have SD card.
Black screen after motorola logo.
I think that is totally bricked.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
I would format the internal and external memory and sbf ICS. SBFing doesn't wipe internal and external memory which has the various bits and pieces of safestrap that could be causing your problems.

Also, I would stick with safestrap v2.

chemicalboy

Reaction score
I would format the internal and external memory and sbf ICS. SBFing doesn't wipe internal and external memory which has the various bits and pieces of safestrap that could be causing your problems.

Also, I would stick with safestrap v2.

I tried with external SD put it and taking off the phone. I cannot format the internal memory because i have the stock recovery and no safestrap.
If you said the Power button + Vol - i did it but no luck.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
You can erase the internal memory, setting - storage - erase internal memory. You can erase the sd card memory there too.

Erasing user data is different from erasing the internal and external memory. Erasing user data does not erase the folders and files created by safestrap on your internal and external memory.

chemicalboy

Reaction score
You can erase the internal memory, setting - storage - erase internal memory. You can erase the sd card memory there too.

Erasing user data is different from erasing the internal and external memory. Erasing user data does not erase the folders and files created by safestrap on your internal and external memory.

I think you didnt understand me. The phone stuck on black screen after motorola logo. I cannot enter the system to format anything.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
The phone didnt have safestrap. And if you put the 217 sbf with rsd lite or the ics tool you erase the safestrap.

Give us a rundown of your phone's history, i.e. root, mods, rooms, and what steps you've gone through. Also be sure you're using the stock cable.

chemicalboy

Reaction score
Give us a rundown of your phone's history, i.e. root, mods, rooms, and what steps you've gone through. Also be sure you're using the stock cable.

The phone is of a friend. He put the update to 219 and then the 217 trought OTA. Flash process stuck and the phone is in that state.
He told me that after that didnt put nothing but i really think that put another sbf or something like that.
The phone was unrooted and without safestrap.

When i recieve the phone, i put the SBF 217 with the ICS Tool// Nothing
Then the 217 with RSD lite// Nothing
In every case the flash process give me no errors.
Wiped all or not the same situation

The last that i tried is to put the update and installed with the original Recovery but the same

I tried to put the 219 but give me some errors because one time you flash to 217 you cannot go back.

I think phone is totally bricked, i dont know if motorola have a newer version or tool to fix that.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
I think he may have flashed a leak, that's why SBF isn't working. The problems remind me of the problems jumping from leak to leak. If he was on 219 and applied an update and then 217, there was something in between and that was probably a leak.

If we can figure out what leak then you can use the ICS Utility to move from the leak to 217.

chemicalboy

Reaction score
I think he may have flashed a leak, that's why SBF isn't working. The problems remind me of the problems jumping from leak to leak. If he was on 219 and applied an update and then 217, there was something in between and that was probably a leak.

If we can figure out what leak then you can use the ICS Utility to move from the leak to 217.

I tried that with ICS Utility. The flash process is ok but black screen after motorola logo. With 217 flashed sbf with rsd ok and with ICS Tool ok, but the same results

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
RSD should be putting 217, so doing 217 and then RSD doesn't make sense. I just want to be sure you are using the correct terms to describe what you are doing. When you get a black screen what do you do next, volume +/- & power, then...

chemicalboy

Reaction score
RSD should be putting 217, so doing 217 and then RSD doesn't make sense. I just want to be sure you are using the correct terms to describe what you are doing. When you get a black screen what do you do next, volume +/- & power, then...

First put the phone in fastboot. Hold vol + and + and Power. Go to Fastboot.
And then flash with rsd or ICS Tool the 217. I think that is the same process because the 2 programs flash with Fastboot.

Flash process finished. And the phone start, motorola logo, do something the recovery and then black screen. I put away the batery and put again and pass the motorola logo and stuck in black screen. I tried reset the phone Power Button + Vol - for 10 seconds and the same.
This is not the first motorola phone and i flashed many phones. But with this i didnt have luck
Thanks for your help