stock droid 2.2 manual update tried to root 2.01 sprecovery

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Maybe try flashing just the SPR.sbf and booting to recovery. Wipe Data/Cache x2, and rebooting

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
OP
L

loveisdead30

Reaction score
I see that and it makes perfect sense...even though I was not able to activate my phone I flashed the sprecovery file, I can now boot into sprecovery but any other booting freezes at the M logo now..about to reflash the 2.01 file then skip activation and drop the rom on the card, then shut phone down and flash sprecovery and boot straight into recovery and clear data and cache 3x each then try and install the update.zip..will see what happens

OP
L

loveisdead30

Reaction score
Ok so that got me booted and rooted with the rom I wanted, but now...my phone will not activate no matter how many times I listen and press 1 for activation then get the message that it is now activated it goes to home screen and the 3g never shows up in the notification bar, when I reboot my phone it asks me to activate again.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
When I was running Cyanogen, I had a similar issue. I called *228, connected but could not get to the dial pad. the fix, open the slider and press

Is that what you are experiencing?

Mike

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Excellent Joe! I looked for that earlier this week but could not find it.

Mike

OP
L

loveisdead30

Reaction score
Phone has been off this time letting it rest, still no change..so what is happening is (from a reboot):

1.phone boots to home screen
2.screen that says activate your phone
3.press activate takes me to the dialer with the auto message to press 1 for activation
4.wait
5.wait
6.Your phone has been activated (with message may take 15mins)
7.press Next
8.takes me back to home screen with icons

So I wait 30mins and nothing, reboot the phone and same activation message

I did try the manual activation that was linked, once it rebooted it asked for the activation again

the only thing I have noticed is even with this 2.2 rom my baseband is c_10.3e.01p

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok so that got me booted and rooted with the rom I wanted, but now...my phone will not activate no matter how many times I listen and press 1 for activation then get the message that it is now activated it goes to home screen and the 3g never shows up in the notification bar, when I reboot my phone it asks me to activate again.

You could have also used SPRecovery's mount option to have gotten the update.zip onto the phone that way, saving the extra rsd lite install of 2.01

I have never gotten 3g when activating my phone. I need to leave the house and stand in the middle of the front yard and then it takes. It can dial from inside and I hear the message on the phone but it always fails in side the house.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Phone has been off this time letting it rest, still no change..so what is happening is (from a reboot):

1.phone boots to home screen
2.screen that says activate your phone
3.press activate takes me to the dialer with the auto message to press 1 for activation
4.wait
5.wait
6.Your phone has been activated (with message may take 15mins)
7.press Next
8.takes me back to home screen with icons

So I wait 30mins and nothing, reboot the phone and same activation message

I did try the manual activation that was linked, once it rebooted it asked for the activation again

the only thing I have noticed is even with this 2.2 rom my baseband is c_10.3e.01p

That baseband is the one from 2.0.1 changing Roms won't change baseband.

This is the newest one: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7684719/C_01.43.01P.apk

Rename to update.zip and install like a Rom. No wipe.
Don't think this will fix your activation problem, but worth a shot.

OP
L

loveisdead30

Reaction score
Ok I woke up this morning and tried the link from my verizon to activate phone and got the message cannot activate at this time, please try again later..I have updated the baseband and activated, now just waiting the 15min it says it could take..

So for 3g, I have never had any problems with my 3g here, just I can not call out and have no data active is what I mean when I say no 3g

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok I woke up this morning and tried the link from my verizon to activate phone and got the message cannot activate at this time, please try again later..I have updated the baseband and activated, now just waiting the 15min it says it could take..

So for 3g, I have never had any problems with my 3g here, just I can not call out and have no data active is what I mean when I say no 3g

Dumb question. have you tried putting the phone in flightmode for a few then back?

OP
L

loveisdead30

Reaction score
Yes I have lol left it in airplane mode for about 15secs....

Well I am tired of my phone not working lol so I flashed back to 2.01 now but RSDlight is giving me error "failed flashing process. Interface BP. Error sending BP . Error sending RAM download for bootloader"