stock droid 2.2 manual update tried to root 2.01 sprecovery

OP
L

loveisdead30

Reaction score
uggg and well stock now same damn issue...except now i have 2.01 with a newer baseband lol

Since I have no landline, could I take my Droid up to VZW and have them try and activate it since I have it stock or would they catch onto the whole updated baseband thing and know that I had been messing with it?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
uggg and well stock now same damn issue...except now i have 2.01 with a newer baseband lol

Since I have no landline, could I take my Droid up to VZW and have them try and activate it since I have it stock or would they catch onto the whole updated baseband thing and know that I had been messing with it?

Thats what I would do, but before you take it to them manually update to 2.1 so they dont expect any "funny business"

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Awhile back when some one was having a lot of issues with activations, it turned out to be a radio issue within the phone. He wound up getting a warranty replacement.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

To add to what PC said. The baseband you now have is the older one not newer one.

OP
L

loveisdead30

Reaction score
I guess I am done, went to verizon, they are overnighting a droid to me since the store doesn't have any in stock and they would not let me jump into a X or 2 lol (I pushed this really hard :p)

Thanks for the help though

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Glad to hear you are all set for now. I think your frustration was a radio issue within the device itself. Hopefully the next droid provides better luck, or if you really want an x or 2 then you probably hoping not.

OP
L

loveisdead30

Reaction score
1 more thing while I was standing there waiting for the cutie to try and help me a couple came in wanting to drop their phone and go with sprint while the manager was helping them and walked off, I told them might as well just do it, since verizon plans on going tiered data plans soon and sprint has not said anything about that yet, the lady helping me said..well but when that does happen if you are already on an unlimited data plan than you will be grandfathered over for the life of your plan, once you change your plan you have to go tiered...something else to think about..she was like uhh how do you know about that and started questioning me and kinda giggling that i told them to go to sprint lol