stand against the custom ui

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Why? You mean like SenceUI by HTC? People seem to really like that, whats your issue with this?

EDIT: Also I think customized phones are great. Kind of like what I am doing, I don't quite change the UI but I create Themes to alter the entire look and feel of my Droid phone. I think its great and by the turnout of my LUNA theme lot's of people like this personalization.

loidolt

Reaction score
The only problem with a custom ui it the delay for releasing updates, other than that everyone seems to enjoy things like sense ui and motoblur. They are also a nice change up from the stock ui.

R

Romple

Part of the point of Android was to supply a platform that manufacturers could easily build upon. This petition goes counter to a large part of the purpose of Android itself.

You really want these companies to push updates out faster.

OP
S

sroach23

Reaction score
i dont mind a few phones with ui, but everyone doing them is annoying. the nexus one and the droid do not have a custom ui. i love my droid, but it will be outdated and need to be replaced in the future. i would prefer they release a phone here and there that doesnt have motoblur or htc sense on it. i can customize my phone myself to get all kinds of cool things on it. besides, have you used the samsung ui. it really sucks and they will put it on the galaxy s. that will make a great phone a piece of crap.

OP
S

sroach23

Reaction score
Why? You mean like SenceUI by HTC? People seem to really like that, whats your issue with this?

EDIT: Also I think customized phones are great. Kind of like what I am doing, I don't quite change the UI but I create Themes to alter the entire look and feel of my Droid phone. I think its great and by the turnout of my LUNA theme lot's of people like this personalization.

people customizing on the side are one thing, but a manufacturer adding stuff is another.

coolkidd

Reaction score
What's wrong if a manufacturer adds some usefull stuff? I actually welcome them... just my 2cents.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Why exactly are you complaining if you have a Droid?...and I'm sorry but one of your pictures on your petition is especially stupid. A World of Warcraft UI? Really?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
people customizing on the side are one thing, but a manufacturer adding stuff is another.

You have the option not to buy the device....Or buy it and wait for root, then do what you want.

You are fighting a losing battle...

nerdkill

Reaction score
i really don't understand this. why don't you just buy the phone that is the way you want it? if you don't want sense ui then don't buy one with it on it, or simply don't use the sense ui. also, if you remember correctly the droid took an extremely long time to get the update and it's running vanilla.

it really bugs me that people are always trying to tell others what to do so they can get things their own way. android is about being open and having CHOICE. now you want google to act like apple and force their own way on everyone. go play world of warcraft and stop trying to create problems where there are none. just don't buy something if you don't like it.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
wow, DENIED
dwight_howard_block.jpg

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i really don't understand this. why don't you just buy the phone that is the way you want it? if you don't want sense ui then don't buy one with it on it, or simply don't use the sense ui. also, if you remember correctly the droid took an extremely long time to get the update and it's running vanilla.

it really bugs me that people are always trying to tell others what to do so they can get things their own way. android is about being open and having CHOICE. now you want google to act like apple and force their own way on everyone. go play world of warcraft and stop trying to create problems where there are none. just don't buy something if you don't like it.
Maybe he wanted a Droid Incredible but didn't like the fact that you can't turn off Sense UI on it. Who knows.

nerdkill

Reaction score

Maybe he wanted a Droid Incredible but didn't like the fact that you can't turn off Sense UI on it. Who knows.

i had my incredible running helix launcher without sense the sense ui.

nerdkill

Reaction score
also, why would you want to stop development? what if a company comes up with a ui that's better than anything you have? maybe it will give other dev's more ideas and inspiration that will make them even better.