stand against the custom ui

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by sroach23, May 27, 2010.

1. sroach23

sroach23 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Started a petition against phone manufacturers using their own custom uis over android. probably wont do much but might let them know that not everyone wants this crap.
    Say no to custom UI's - Petition Spot

#1 sroach23, May 27, 2010
    Last edited: May 27, 2010
  2. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Why? You mean like SenceUI by HTC? People seem to really like that, whats your issue with this?

EDIT: Also I think customized phones are great. Kind of like what I am doing, I don't quite change the UI but I create Themes to alter the entire look and feel of my Droid phone. I think its great and by the turnout of my LUNA theme lot's of people like this personalization.

3. loidolt

loidolt New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The only problem with a custom ui it the delay for releasing updates, other than that everyone seems to enjoy things like sense ui and motoblur. They are also a nice change up from the stock ui.

4. Romple

Romple Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Part of the point of Android was to supply a platform that manufacturers could easily build upon. This petition goes counter to a large part of the purpose of Android itself.

You really want these companies to push updates out faster.

5. sroach23

sroach23 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i dont mind a few phones with ui, but everyone doing them is annoying. the nexus one and the droid do not have a custom ui. i love my droid, but it will be outdated and need to be replaced in the future. i would prefer they release a phone here and there that doesnt have motoblur or htc sense on it. i can customize my phone myself to get all kinds of cool things on it. besides, have you used the samsung ui. it really sucks and they will put it on the galaxy s. that will make a great phone a piece of crap.

6. sroach23

sroach23 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    people customizing on the side are one thing, but a manufacturer adding stuff is another.

7. coolkidd

coolkidd Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What's wrong if a manufacturer adds some usefull stuff? I actually welcome them... just my 2cents.

8. titans

titans Premium Member
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Why exactly are you complaining if you have a Droid?...and I'm sorry but one of your pictures on your petition is especially stupid. A World of Warcraft UI? Really?

9. Detonation

Detonation Member

Ratings:
    +6
    wow, DENIED

10. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7+ 256gb
    You have the option not to buy the device....Or buy it and wait for root, then do what you want.

You are fighting a losing battle...

11. nerdkill

nerdkill Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i really don't understand this. why don't you just buy the phone that is the way you want it? if you don't want sense ui then don't buy one with it on it, or simply don't use the sense ui. also, if you remember correctly the droid took an extremely long time to get the update and it's running vanilla.

it really bugs me that people are always trying to tell others what to do so they can get things their own way. android is about being open and having CHOICE. now you want google to act like apple and force their own way on everyone. go play world of warcraft and stop trying to create problems where there are none. just don't buy something if you don't like it.

12. titans

titans Premium Member
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    [​IMG]

Search tags for this page

what does u.i. stand for on a cell phone