[ROM] [SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 4 -- [BETA 03/05/2012]

Gangrif

Reaction score
Just did a full wipe, and flash of 3/12. we'll see how it goes. So far its looking good. Getting some apps reinstalled, then i'll try phone and 3g.

Cegal

Reaction score
Full wipe for every flash here. I just use titanium to restore apps/data. 3/12 has been running beautifully. Haven't tried turning the data off to see how quick it restores yet.

Sent from my XT894 using DroidForums

93fuelslut

Reaction score
Please dont laugh! ....lol
But on titanium backup, how do you make a back up? Is it a back up of apps or apps and system data stuff?
Iv got it selected to store on sd card and then i hit "backup/restore" tab and all my apps come up and of coarse it says no backup under the app name..so how do u make a backup

Cegal

Reaction score
Please dont laugh! ....lol
But on titanium backup, how do you make a back up? Is it a back up of apps or apps and system data stuff?
Iv got it selected to store on sd card and then i hit "backup/restore" tab and all my apps come up and of coarse it says no backup under the app name..so how do u make a backup

Actually, open titanium backup...hit the menu button, touch "batch", and it should already be on backup. I backup my user apps only and when I flash a new rom all I have to download is titanium to restore my apps.

Gangrif

Reaction score
Well... 3/12 isnt any better on my phone. I fiddled with 3g data for about half an hour this morning. Flashed last night. Seems as soon as i leave wifi, 3g just wont recover.

Garlick

Reaction score
Well... 3/12 isnt any better on my phone. I fiddled with 3g data for about half an hour this morning. Flashed last night. Seems as soon as i leave wifi, 3g just wont recover.

Yeah, 3/13 still has issues in that regard, but definitely is better than 3/12.

3/12, I was having all kinds of issues when going between WiFi, 3G & 4G.

I just loaded 3/13, and going from WiFi to 4G is fine, and WiFi to 3G is fine, but 3G to 4G didn't catch. I had to toggle between GSM and LTE a few times to get it to finally stick.

I will try more times between WiFi & 3G here over the next half hour, as the first time I did it, no issues at all.

**EDIT - Looking at hashcodes twitter, it looks like 3G still has the issue on boot with looping. LTE was fixed in 3/10 update, but the 3G is still causing him issues, and he hasn't imported a fix yet. Since you're exclusively on 3G, I would wait till he gets that fix.

Last edited:

JKingDev

Reaction score
Just got my D4 yesterday. This ROM is freaking awesome. Coming from the samsung stratosphere this is such a breath of fresh air. Sometimes my debilitating attachment to QWERTY keyboards can get frustrating but I am finally satisfied. Stratosphere is headed to ebay.. Thank you droid 4 for keeping the QWERTY alive and thank you hashcode et all for breathing life into the droid 4!! I feel like I am finally using a real android device again. Where is the beer money bucket? :).

I had some connectivity problems with 3/12 but 3/13 seems much better. Connected to 4G on first boot without having to do the network mode toggling. I turned on wifi and connected quickly. Turned off wifi and I have 3G. I think the 4G signal is low where I am but will see if 4G comes back when I go outside.

*edit* 3G worked after wifi. Then it said 4G but data would not work (indicator stayed gray not blue). Mode switching and airplane mode would not fix it. Reboot and 4G is back. So it seems that 4G is reliable until wifi is turned on. Wifi to 3G works fine but wifi to 4G gives problems. Will continue to see how it works.

Last edited:

Garlick

Reaction score
I have 3G to 4G issues. WiFi to 4G works fine for me. I have done that switch 4 times now. It's just when it tries to go from 3G to 4G that I have issues. That may be why you're having WiFi to 4G, as it sounds like it's trying to force 3G in there, which isn't occurring on my phone.

JKingDev

Reaction score
I have 3G to 4G issues. WiFi to 4G works fine for me. I have done that switch 4 times now. It's just when it tries to go from 3G to 4G that I have issues. That may be why you're having WiFi to 4G, as it sounds like it's trying to force 3G in there, which isn't occurring on my phone.
Yep you are right. Just tried in a place with good 4G signal and wifi->4G was seamless. So looks like 3G->4G is the only issue.

Garlick

Reaction score
How do u not let google restore ur settings when u reboot to this rom? Just dont sign into gmail?

There's an option when you first boot, it will say something along the lines of "restore my phone from my google account" and a check box next to that option. You just uncheck it and hit continue.

you HAVE to sign into your google account, there's no getting around that.

93fuelslut

Reaction score
Thanks ...well now heres my problem, i went to cwm to install cm9...its under internal storage but my file manager says sd card..not a problem cause i can find it...BUT i cant find "gaps' in cwm to flash...my files manager says its in the same place as the rom zip..but the gapp zip isnt in the same place with the rom zip in cwm cause i cant find it

moccor

Reaction score
To those that have been using this ROM often, how has the battery life been in comparison to stock debloated? I really wanna use this, but I can't really see it having better battery life. Not yet at least.

Cegal

Reaction score
To those that have been using this ROM often, how has the battery life been in comparison to stock debloated? I really wanna use this, but I can't really see it having better battery life. Not yet at least.

My battery lasts about 2x as much as stock debloated. I also run setcpu to stay underclocked and task manager. I can get about 6-8 hrs on a heavy use day.

Cegal

Reaction score
I also just noticed with 3/13 nightly...my phone is running with about 600mb of memory as opposed to 500 with 3/12 and previous versions.