[ROM] [SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 4 -- [BETA 03/05/2012]

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey guys the nightlies are back in the works he is now at 4/24/12

Sent from my XT894 using DroidForums

Fletch71011

Reaction score
Where are you getting the links to most recent nightlies? I don't see any, and his website links are all dead.

supershot666

Reaction score
Just installed the OTA and the 4/24 nightly. I will post battery usage and bugs at the end of today / tomorrow.

supershot666

Reaction score
anyway to incorporate the new ota in the rom?

It's really easy to switch over and download the OTA through your phone. Just disable safe system (it saves your custom rom setup so don't worry about starting at square 1 again) and in your stock rom use voodoo to back up your root. Go to Settings - About phone - System updates. It will find the update and ask you to download it then install it. After install boot into stock, restore root, and install safestrap again. Then flash the newest CM9 nightly. (Because I flashed it this morning and have had no 4g drops with average data use for half the day)

* Unfreeze any frozen apps in titanium backup.

Last edited:

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
It's really easy to switch over and download the OTA through your phone. Just disable safe system (it saves your custom rom setup so don't worry about starting at square 1 again) and in your stock rom use voodoo to back up your root. Go to Settings - About phone - System updates. It will find the update and ask you to download it then install it. After install boot into stock, restore root, and install safestrap again. Then flash the newest CM9 nightly. (Because I flashed it this morning and have had no 4g drops with average data use for half the day)
i wish it was that easy.. i never deleted any stock apps only froze them but it keeps failing.. really annoying. u saved root with rootkeeper, uninstalled safestrap, wiped data and cache but it still wont go through. i download the stock system app zip from omni but dont know how to go about replacing the stock system folder

Garlick

Reaction score
Did you unfreeze all the apps before trying the install?? It's a simple question, but you don't mention if you took that step first.

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
ended up being a bad build.prop file so i copy pasted a stock one and everything went smoothly. thanks everyone!

Cegal

Reaction score
Montecarlo97z said:
i wish it was that easy.. i never deleted any stock apps only froze them but it keeps failing.. really annoying. u saved root with rootkeeper, uninstalled safestrap, wiped data and cache but it still wont go through. i download the stock system app zip from omni but dont know how to go about replacing the stock system folder

I'm pretty sure you didn't have to uninstall safestrap, I updated with the OTA and it removed safestrap on its own.

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you didn't have to uninstall safestrap, I updated with the OTA and it removed safestrap on its own.
ya your right, i was just getting frustrated with it failing so i was trying everything lol

Garlick

Reaction score
As I understand it, the GB kernel does not make use of the dual core. Will this ROM make use of the dual core. I am currently running the leaked ICS and debating whether to switch to this ROM. If it does not make use of the dual core, in your opinion, which will run faster?

Wait...What??

There's a leaked version of ICS for the Droid 4??