[ROM] [SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 4 -- [BETA 03/05/2012]

Discussion in 'Droid 4 ROMS' started by Hashcode, Mar 5, 2012.

1. orangechoochoo

orangechoochoo Active Member

Ratings:
    +12
    There is no official ICS for the Razor (only an update to GB to many people's dismay) but there are test versions of ICS that most people say works nearly flawlessly, so hopefully this will help with the data and camera issues.

2. Garlick

Garlick Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hash posted on Twitter, he's doing a full compile of the AOKP ROM today, and based on what he finds, there will be a new update for everyone tomorrow.

He normally doesn't make statements like this, unless there's something very particular that he's trying out.

3. Shein0327

Shein0327 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Funny you mention the GB thing, one of the selling points of the Droid 4 for me was the promise of eventually receiving ICS, and when they announced that they might not even do it anymore, and if they did it was months away (meanwhile other devices ALREADY COME WITH IT) it pissed me off enough to dive into rooting, flashing roms, etc.

Disappointing to hear about the 4G not being fixed, but as for the battery issue I have some input on that:

When I flashed the 4/04 my battery dropped to 72% in under an hour while I was riding on my motorcycle... so I wasn't even using the phone! I check the batter consumption page, and it said it was all due to the wifi... so I turned wifi off, and for kicks I downloaded juice defender (awesome app by the way) and now, I've been on battery since 8 this morning (its 1 pm now) and I'm only at 70%.

Does suck though, cuz wifi was my saving grace to the 4g issue. I'm either at home or at college 90% of my day so I'm on either home or campus wifi most of the time, so I didn't even care about the 4g problem... ...until it started destroying my battery. Gummy was a nice alternative, but I was having issues sending and receiving picture messages on wifi (apparently this is only my problem though, no one else had this issue) but just picture messages... facebook, playstore, browser, etc all had internet access just fine. Weird. It's like I just can't win...

4. Garlick

Garlick Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's a beta for you.

Although you're doing better than me, my phone the volume down button stopped working because I was using it so much in Safestrap. I'm probably going to have to go get a new one this weekend....

Pain in the butt, as I have to flash back to stock, and delete all the root stuff.

5. Ttdag

Ttdag Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I have flashed this rom and i have a problem. I made a backup before i installed it but im trying to get back to stock using safestrap. Everything seems to restore but after i get past the safestrap screen by pressing the search button, i just stay at a black screen. Idk if this has anything to do with it but i had the backup on my external sd card and moved it to my internal.

Edit: Also, I have the AOKP version and sometimes i dont get my text messages.

#437 Ttdag, Apr 6, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  6. Fletch71011

Fletch71011 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Flashed the 4/5 build yesterday. Everything is working great besides the data. Took it out for a while today and couldn't get my 4g working despite anything I tried (worked for about 30 seconds at most before crapping out). My settings would randomly flip to GSM on its own if that helps; other than that, I have no idea what is causing the issue. Not sure what other feedback I can provide to help, and just wanted to say great work on the ROM thus far.

EDIT: I am in Chicago if that matters for the data part.

#438 Fletch71011, Apr 6, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  7. Garlick

Garlick Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That probably did it....you're not supposed to move the back up, and if you moved it to your internal drive then it was wiped when you un did safe strap.

When you safestrap, and move back and forth, it wipes all data to install the files you're interested in installing, and then keeps those files that have been backed up, on the drive that won't experience a data wipe.

So you'll have to start from scratch. You'll need to get the stock rom flashable in safe strap that is posted on the site, and do an install from zip like you would this ROM, and then just go through and re-install everything.

I don't believe this will work, but you could try plugging it into your computer, and see if you get the drives to show up, and explore to see if you can access the back up, but I'm pretty sure at this point it's gone.

8. Ttdag

Ttdag Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks. I found the backup, so if i move it back to my external sd card, you think i wouldn't get the black screen/ brick anymore?

9. Garlick

Garlick Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No, you'll also need to do a restore from the backup.

Since you now know where it's located, in the safestrap menu, go through the standard process of restoring from back up, and then rebooting. it should be that simple, and should get you out of the loop.

Put the file back on your external SD card though, just to be safe.

10. Ttdag

Ttdag Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you, I will try this. Also do i need to have webtop? Because i didnt include that in my backup and I'm running the AOKP so do you know why I'm not getting text messages from people?

11. Garlick

Garlick Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No idea on not getting text messages, but it shouldn't have anything to do with Webtop.

AOKP doesn't have webtop, as that's a motorola application that only has to do with docking stations.

If you didn't back up your webtop, it's not an issue, and shouldn't affect texting.

12. Ganawyr

Ganawyr New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys! Also brand new to the droid market, but glad I finally got a smartphone!
    I installed safestrap and flashed the current ICS ROM no problem! Most things work like a charm, and I have to say I really like the ICS muuch more than the stock ROM my phone came with.
    I'm much more computer tech savvy than phone tech savvy, but it translates across easily enough.
    I'm about to go back to safestrap and flash the google apps (I just didn't know it wasn't included).
    My only problem so far is that I appear to have no WiFi connection? Anyone have any pointers? It could be anything in the process, I may easily have missed something, so I don't really know where to start...
    Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks so much!

Search tags for this page
cm9 amazing beta
cm9 rom download for droid 3

droid 4 aosp

droid 4 cm9 download

droid 4 ics aosp

droid 4 ics rom download
droid 4 motorola - maserati cm9
failed to execute drocap2
oob-wake droid