[ROM] [SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 4 -- [BETA 03/05/2012]

raw57

Reaction score
I'm really sorry! Wrong forum. I thought I was in a Razr forum.:icon_eek:

Garlick

Reaction score
I believe it's safestrap only, but safestrap is pretty much the only recovery program that I know that works on the D4 right now, and there's not really any difference between Safestrap and CWM.

sugamilk

Reaction score
ok so i installed safestrap...backed up, enabled safe mode, installed the zip, wiped cache, rebooted....nothing happens. I get past the safe strap screen aaaaaand nothing happens? Am I retarded? what gives?

kwyrt

Reaction score
sugamilk said:
ok so i installed safestrap...backed up, enabled safe mode, installed the zip, wiped cache, rebooted....nothing happens. I get past the safe strap screen aaaaaand nothing happens? Am I retarded? what gives?

You'll need to wipe data after that first install. I did the same thing the first time I installed it. Go back and wipe data and it should boot right up.

moccor

Reaction score
I downloaded the OTA the day it came out, but never installed it. This morning, I accidentally hit install. Phone started rebooting, I was like meh, I froze apps so it will fail. Not for me it didn't lol.

audionick12

Reaction score
Install went flawlessly.

Errors so far:
1 - Wifi keeps dropping connection.
2 - Data networks seems not be working at all, tried the gsm network for 5 seconds to no avail...

Zero5295

Reaction score
As it is now, would you guys suggest I install this? It looks intruiging, but the data issues seem daunting. :/

Garlick

Reaction score
Data issues are hit and miss, and seem to be dependent on where you live, more than on the actual OS.

I haven't had data issues at all since 4/12 builds, except for the short trip I took to Las Vegas, where the data issues were so poor the ROM was unusable.

My wife has the exact same phone, with the exact same ROM, and I update them both each morning to the new release, and again, no issues.

Where do you live??

supershot666

Reaction score
I find all of my data issues come from a complete loss of signal. If you live in a city area with a strong signal all day and do NOT go through a situation where you lose signal on a daily basis (I.E the elevators in my apartment building have no service. Each time I get in them with working data I come out with no data.) Then at this point it is fairly safe to try out this rom.

Cegal

Reaction score
supershot666 said:
I find all of my data issues come from a complete loss of signal. If you live in a city area with a strong signal all day and do NOT go through a situation where you lose signal on a daily basis (I.E the elevators in my apartment building have no service. Each time I get in them with working data I come out with no data.) Then at this point it is fairly safe to try out this rom.

I'd have to agree, the only time I experience issues is coming in and out of the giant cooler at my job. Which doesn't seem to drop as often since the OTA update and the most recent nightlies.

Zero5295

Reaction score
Alrighty thanks for the quick replies! :) Will definitely be trying this then!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Zero5295

Reaction score
2 Questions

Sorry for being a pest, but there are two things that I'd like to ask about:

1.) When backing up the safe-system, should I also back up the primary system? It's one of the options and so I was wondering.

2.) Facebook contacts don't show up: what gives? How can I fix this? I depend on my Facebook contacts for the bulk of the contacts in my phone.

Thank you for tolerating me. :)

supershot666

Reaction score
Right now the 4/30 rom is having INSANE battery issues for me. the batter is running down probably around 1% / 5 min. I have a screen shot of the battery statistics I will post later I have been charging it for 2 hours from dead and it is at 60% trying to get to 100% to flash a new nightly. The phone is heating up really hot too.

Last edited: